Coming from maine for week 2

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Sweet...will do...I love burgers...I want bbq...we don't have and good barbecue joints up here just crappy chain places
If you are in Dallas Sonny Bryans on Inwood blvd is about the best in DFW been there since 1958

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sweet...will do...I love burgers...I want bbq...we don't have and good barbecue joints up here just crappy chain places

Mia’s brisket tacos. Tom Landry’s favorite, and its where Jerry took Jimmy when he wanted news to break that he’d bought the team. Good food and some fun memorabilia for her.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Mia’s brisket tacos. Tom Landry’s favorite, and its where Jerry took Jimmy when he wanted news to break that he’d bought the team. Good food and some fun memorabilia for her.
Forgot about that place :thumbup:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
as you can see from my title name I am a Jags fan but my girlfriend is a huge Dallas fan. We're from Maine she has never seen her team play in person so I decided to buy tickets for her this year and fly her out to the game... I thought it would be cool too have her go to a divisional prime time game so I picked week 2 against the Giants... I have never been to Dallas or Arlington before so I joined to pick people's brains on what I should expect or do while I'm in the area... I decided to stay a week so we can see the area...so I guess I'm asking anything I should see or do In the area...
I saw the post over in the 'beer thread',,, I guess timing is crucial, a Friday or Saturday evening post would've probably gotten better results @LocimusPrime is the contact you need for the heads-up.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
First suggestion, don't buy lobster or any seafood for that matter because it's stupid expensive and don't expect to be jamming a hollow rod into a tree and get syrup and do expect to have a sharp intake of breath when you come off onto that jet way. Don't ask the flight attendant if air traffic control diverted the flight to hell, you are in Dallas. Keep telling each other "it's not the heat; it's the humidity". We do this a lot and I am not sure what that does as it doesn't make it more bearable. However, with the winter and spring you guys have endured, it might not matter.

A cool place to hang late in the day is downtown Ft. Worth, more town than city, around Sundance Square, good restaurants and watering holes. If you go to Dallas, city of pride, just ask them, the best place they have going is the World Aquarium where you can beat the heat inside and if you choose, swim with the penguins. Then, the Dallas Police may choose to let you surf with the inmates so I would pass on that. Be sure and take a selfie with the sloth, post it and ask people to identify which one is you.

First time we went there, they were feeding the sloth and they chew as slow as they move and my wife sat there holding a piece of sugar cane while he munched on it in slow, or I guess it would be sloth motion. She fell in love with it and wanted one and I said absolutely not. Think I want something hanging around the house making me look slower?

Back in the day, folks came to DFW for a variety of reasons, women came for one...to shop. At one time we all had our own malls, I called mine CouchCoach's Calico Corners because alliteration makes me horny. The malls are still impressive, particularly The Galleria, and you may have to do that manly thing and walk around with your girlfriend all the while turning ever so nonchalantly to check out some extra fine derrieres and if you get caught just say "hey, that girl looked just like your cousin Jenny, were they coming to Dallas"? It doesn't work but at least you are not penalized points for lack of effort. And I would suggest this in the am if you're planning on a little "afternoon delight". Helps to let the anger pass.

Well Jagsy, hope CC's Travelogue has aided in your plans and don't forget to visit my sponsors and tell'em ole CC sent ya.

LOL!

Londonboy

Reaction score
First suggestion, don't buy lobster or any seafood for that matter because it's stupid expensive and don't expect to be jamming a hollow rod into a tree and get syrup and do expect to have a sharp intake of breath when you come off onto that jet way. Don't ask the flight attendant if air traffic control diverted the flight to hell, you are in Dallas. Keep telling each other "it's not the heat; it's the humidity". We do this a lot and I am not sure what that does as it doesn't make it more bearable. However, with the winter and spring you guys have endured, it might not matter.

A cool place to hang late in the day is downtown Ft. Worth, more town than city, around Sundance Square, good restaurants and watering holes. If you go to Dallas, city of pride, just ask them, the best place they have going is the World Aquarium where you can beat the heat inside and if you choose, swim with the penguins. Then, the Dallas Police may choose to let you surf with the inmates so I would pass on that. Be sure and take a selfie with the sloth, post it and ask people to identify which one is you.

First time we went there, they were feeding the sloth and they chew as slow as they move and my wife sat there holding a piece of sugar cane while he munched on it in slow, or I guess it would be sloth motion. She fell in love with it and wanted one and I said absolutely not. Think I want something hanging around the house making me look slower?

Back in the day, folks came to DFW for a variety of reasons, women came for one...to shop. At one time we all had our own malls, I called mine CouchCoach's Calico Corners because alliteration makes me horny. The malls are still impressive, particularly The Galleria, and you may have to do that manly thing and walk around with your girlfriend all the while turning ever so nonchalantly to check out some extra fine derrieres and if you get caught just say "hey, that girl looked just like your cousin Jenny, were they coming to Dallas"? It doesn't work but at least you are not penalized points for lack of effort. And I would suggest this in the am if you're planning on a little "afternoon delight". Helps to let the anger pass.

Well Jagsy, hope CC's Travelogue has aided in your plans and don't forget to visit my sponsors and tell'em ole CC sent ya.
Doesn't Texas have some really nasty ants too?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't Texas have some really nasty ants too?
Fire ants and nasty doesn't cover it, they can swarm in a hummingbird's heartbeat and some people are allergic as they are to wasp stings. When we lived in Louisiana, my wife got 4 fire ant stings and was on crutches for 3 weeks and they had to drain her leg twice in that time.

We've also got some mosquitoes big enough to stand flat footed and make love to a turkey. And another pestilence problem with all of the expansion in Austin are the scorpions. It's funny when people call them home invaders, it's just the opposite. Expansion and development is concentrating them into smaller areas and they've discovered stinging humans is a lot of fun.

Jagsfan

Reaction score
Fire ants and nasty doesn't cover it, they can swarm in a hummingbird's heartbeat and some people are allergic as they are to wasp stings. When we lived in Louisiana, my wife got 4 fire ant stings and was on crutches for 3 weeks and they had to drain her leg twice in that time.

We've also got some mosquitoes big enough to stand flat footed and make love to a turkey. And another pestilence problem with all of the expansion in Austin are the scorpions. It's funny when people call them home invaders, it's just the opposite. Expansion and development is concentrating them into smaller areas and they've discovered stinging humans is a lot of fun.
Yikes the one good thing about maine...there is nothing poisonous at least native that is... though the mosquito is our state bird... trying to start a movement to have it put on our license plate LOL though it might keep people from visiting.... seeming that our slogan is vacationland

You can have the Scorpions

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yikes the one good thing about maine...there is nothing poisonous at least native that is... though the mosquito is our state bird... trying to start a movement to have it put on our license plate LOL though it might keep people from visiting.... seeming that our slogan is vacationland

You can have the Scorpions
No, I don't want the Scorpions although as hair bands go, they're in my mix.

Londonboy

Reaction score

The rule of thumb seems to be.......crappy climate - mellow critters.
Although We do have some extremely grumpy wasps round these here parts.

Jagsfan

Reaction score
The rule of thumb seems to be.......crappy climate - mellow critters.
Although We do have some extremely grumpy wasps round these here parts.
Yeah nothing lives through the winters up here... seeming that we're still dealing with 30 degree weather at night and it's what April 26 got to love Maine

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys happy with your pick in the draft last night??
I think they took best D player available so I'm OK with it. I didn't want a WR at 19. I would have preferred one of the D players taken earlier like Chubb, Smith or James.

Jagsfan

Reaction score
I think they took best D player available so I'm OK with it. I didn't want a WR at 19. I would have preferred one of the D players taken earlier like Chubb, Smith or James.
I agree...same with jags...best available player and now we have tons of depth on the defensive line they're going to wreak havoc can't wait... I'm surprised Browns didn't take Chubb thought he would have been a sure pick

Jagsfan

Reaction score
I agree...same with jags...best available player and now we have tons of depth on the defensive line they're going to wreak havoc can't wait... I'm surprised Browns didn't take Chubb thought he would have been a sure pick
Plus you guys got hurns from the Jags at wide receiver I don't know if you know much about him but he's pretty damn good wasn't all that happy to see him go... I don't think you'll be disappointed I might even wear my Jacksonville hurns Jersey to the game in September LOL

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was really surprised they took Ward over Chubb but then again, they are Cleveland for a reason. They could have used Barkley but they've screwed the pooch so much at QB, they had to take one but that awesome person is not then one I would have taken. He's going to find out those D's, particularly in the AFC North, are one hell of a lot better than Big 12 D's. I hope they break him like a twig.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plus you guys got hurns from the Jags at wide receiver I don't know if you know much about him but he's pretty damn good wasn't all that happy to see him go... I don't think you'll be disappointed I might even wear my Jacksonville hurns Jersey to the game in September LOL
I like the Hurns pickup and happen to be one of those that doesn't think a #1WR is a necessity, especially on a 50% run team.

I like the Jags chances this year but it all comes down to Bortles and being a former DFS player, he's a damned risky start as your QB. I have always been a Jags fan as I really liked Brunell, Taylor and Smith as the AFC triplets and had Fred on two of my winning fantasy teams years ago. And we never outgrow our love of cool unis.