Coming from maine for week 2

Londonboy

Reaction score
Yeah nothing lives through the winters up here... seeming that we're still dealing with 30 degree weather at night and it's what April 26 got to love Maine
In the past month We've gone from Siberian to Tropical and We're forecasted to be headed back to Siberian.
Still, I'd rather that than a place like Australia, where Insects Arachnids and snakes seem to be competing to kill the most Humans (How a bunch of naïve Europeans survived to form a Nation is a mystery to Me).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the past month We've gone from Siberian to Tropical and We're forecasted to be headed back to Siberian.
Still, I'd rather that than a place like Australia, where Insects Arachnids and snakes seem to be competing to kill the most Humans (How a bunch of naïve Europeans survived to form a Nation is a mystery to Me).
Hell, I am surprised our species is still at the top of the food chain. Who know opposing thumbs could be such a difference maker?

Xelda

Reaction score
I feel for you, Londonboy. The weather has been crazy on this side of the pond as well. It doesn't make it any easier for you, but spring will eventually make it to you. If it helps, we blame Global Warming on ESB. Stocks drop? ESB. Crime up? ESB. Hair falling out? ESB. ED? ESB. Weeds, ants, bad neighbors? ESB. Everything bad that happens this year is because of ESB.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I feel for you, Londonboy. The weather has been crazy on this side of the pond as well. It doesn't make it any easier for you, but spring will eventually make it to you. If it helps, we blame Global Warming on ESB. Stocks drop? ESB. Crime up? ESB. Hair falling out? ESB. ED? ESB. Weeds, ants, bad neighbors? ESB. Everything bad that happens this year is because of ESB.
Awww thanks Xelda, You're too kind (whenever I use Your Username, I can't help picturing a cross between Xena Warrior Princess and Zelda from Terrahawks).
Would You think less of Me if I say I have no idea who or what ESB is (I'm pretty sure You're not talking about the rather fine beer brewed by Fuller)

Last edited:

Londonboy

Reaction score
Hell, I am surprised our species is still at the top of the food chain. Who know opposing thumbs could be such a difference maker?
I'm still not sure Our ape ancestors made the right call swinging down from the trees, I guess fruit all day got a bit boring.
I put Our survival down to tasting bad, We were a meal of last resort rather than favourite prey for all the big predators.

Xelda

Reaction score
Awww thanks Xelda, You're too kind (whenever I use Your Username, I can't help picturing a cross between Xena Warrior Princess and Zelda from Terrahawks).
Would You think less of Me if I say I have no idea who or what ESB is (I'm pretty sure You're not talking about the rather fine beer brewed by Fuller)
That's where I got the name from, Xena + Zelda = Xelda. I think higher of you for not knowing because something like this does not cross a Cowboy fan's mind often. ESB is regarding this past year's Super Bowl winner. No names need be mentioned to protect the innocent, environment and our way of life.

I'm still not sure Our ape ancestors made the right call swinging down from the trees, I guess fruit all day got a bit boring.
I put Our survival down to tasting bad, We were a meal of last resort rather than favourite prey for all the big predators.
I have read and heard this enough to speculate as to it's truth is sharks don't like the taste of humans. If I remember correctly, we have too much mercury in our bodies. Many times when they bite us, they are tasting us. I've also heard tiger sharks don't give a crap what we taste like. They go into a feeding frenzy and would eat Brussel Sprouts without a second thought. So, your theory stands! That's why we don't feel guilty when we eat a McRib.

Jagsfan

Reaction score
I like the Hurns pickup and happen to be one of those that doesn't think a #1WR is a necessity, especially on a 50% run team.

I like the Jags chances this year but it all comes down to Bortles and being a former DFS player, he's a damned risky start as your QB. I have always been a Jags fan as I really liked Brunell, Taylor and Smith as the AFC triplets and had Fred on two of my winning fantasy teams years ago. And we never outgrow our love of cool unis.

Jagsfan

Reaction score
I don't know I really like Bortles I think he's come a long way got to remember he did what he did last year without our big-time receivers honestly if we had Robinson throughout the year ...hurns and get Lee not being banged up throughout the year and missing a ton of games... we would have been even better of a season.... we ramped up our offensive line in the free agency so hopefully our running game is more productive.. I think that's what killed us in the New England game other than the damn refs not calling not one penalty on those scum bags but that's a different story... I feel it was stolen from us.... I think Bortles could be our guy to take us all the way.... but I also believe what you're saying about a wide receiver if you have a good running game stellar offensive line you can open things up and get the job done.... I like Elliot I think you guys got hosed last year on that suspension ...things would have been way different for Dallas if he was in the game... another reason why Goodell needs to go... I look at him as an extension of the Patriots... Something stinks with that guy LOL.. just like the patsies... I know I live in New England and I can't stand the Patriots probably my most least liked team...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know I really like Bortles I think he's come a long way got to remember he did what he did last year without our big-time receivers honestly if we had Robinson throughout the year ...hurns and get Lee not being banged up throughout the year and missing a ton of games... we would have been even better of a season.... we ramped up our offensive line in the free agency so hopefully our running game is more productive.. I think that's what killed us in the New England game other than the damn refs not calling not one penalty on those scum bags but that's a different story... I feel it was stolen from us.... I think Bortles could be our guy to take us all the way.... but I also believe what you're saying about a wide receiver if you have a good running game stellar offensive line you can open things up and get the job done.... I like Elliot I think you guys got hosed last year on that suspension ...things would have been way different for Dallas if he was in the game... another reason why Goodell needs to go... I look at him as an extension of the Patriots... Something stinks with that guy LOL.. just like the patsies... I know I live in New England and I can't stand the Patriots probably my most least liked team...
I am sorry but if you are going to continue here with us, the Eagles must be your least liked team. You don't have to be a Cowboys fan but you must hate the Eagles.

Jagsfan

Reaction score
I am sorry but if you are going to continue here with us, the Eagles must be your least liked team. You don't have to be a Cowboys fan but you must hate the Eagles.
LOL I hate the Eagles too especially the fan base... I would say it's a pretty equal tie though I have to admit I was rooting for them in the Super Bowl because I didn't want to hear all the Patriots fans you got to understand up here they don't ever shut up as far as they're concerned the only football team out there is the Patriots so watching them lose is hysterical they don't know how to handle it it's like a bunch of 4 year olds that don't get their way

Xelda

Reaction score
Jagsfan, you are ok in our books! In fact you're better than ok, you have a Cowboys fan for a girlfriend. That almost makes you family. Hating the Eagles moves you up to family in good standing. Welcome brother!!!!!

Jagsfan

Reaction score
Jagsfan will You still be a Jags fan if/when they move to London?
Not going to happen ;-) Lol it wouldn't even be feasible how can you have one team in the NFL be overseas think about travel I don't believe it would be possible

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Hope you're still monitoring this thread OP. I will be in Bangor tomorrow but flying out the next day back to Texas. Lived in Bangor for a year and a half and our first som was born there at EMMC where his parents worked.

Gotta go to the FWStockyards and see the longhorn cattle drive. Other touristy stuff to do there.

Grub, couple of recommendations. For outstanding Texas BarBQ take I 35W north bound to the Corral City exit, that roadway is FM407. Go west on 407 a couple hunnert yards and 407 BarBQ is on your left. For sure get the brisket ... It's wicked good.
407bbq.com

Little seafood joint in Southlake you might try is called Shuck Me. Comfort food.

Gotta go to a Buccees. There's one out on I35 if you go to the BarBQ at 407.

That's all i got. BTW, I live 250 miles out of Dallas. Good luck.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
as you can see from my title name I am a Jags fan but my girlfriend is a huge Dallas fan. We're from Maine she has never seen her team play in person so I decided to buy tickets for her this year and fly her out to the game... I thought it would be cool too have her go to a divisional prime time game so I picked week 2 against the Giants... I have never been to Dallas or Arlington before so I joined to pick people's brains on what I should expect or do while I'm in the area... I decided to stay a week so we can see the area...so I guess I'm asking anything I should see or do In the area...

Go to Lockharts, eat BBQ. Go to Bob's Chop House and eat. Go to the old one, I think it's located down on Lemon. It's not cheap, by any stretch but it's hella good. Parking is kinda weird there so just expect that, if you decide to go.

Have Fun!