Commander cuts

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
seoulman said:
Actually that's not true. The Commanders have traditionally been extremely creative in their ability to manipulate the cap and sign big name free agents. Snyder definitely gambled the last few years and counted on a new CBA...a gamble he won. The fact of the matter remains that he will be able to continue to structure contracts in the same way he has been since he became owner. We will be probably a few mil under the cap once we trade Ramsey and if we get a few of our vets to restructure (which we will do), we will have enough money to go after some free agents. We don't need 10-11 mil to go after a big name by the way, especially if we can spread the bonus over multiple years the way we have in the past.

Well after all is said and done,, and you guys end up say 11 under,, about 3-4 goes for draft class.. that leaves 7-8.. then a practise squad and you cant spend all of it now,, you mihgt have an injury and need to bring somoene else on board.. so lets say you end up with 6 million to spend in Fa.. that's not a lot to ge ta lot done. From what i have heard.. you guys are talking about signing Randal el.. peterson, carter and venitari.. no way that gets done with 6 million is my point.. realistically, you get one.. then some mid level backups.

MrRedskin28

Benched
Reaction score
We'll have to see when FA begins right?

Are the reports true that y'all gonna cut MeShawn and sign MeO?

seoulman

Reaction score
I think there is just a lot of speculation as to who we might be interested in. BTW, I'm no cap guru, but I don't think the practice squad is going to count against the cap. I think usually they only count the top 53 salaries on the roster (which usually doesn't include the practice squad).

I think we spend our money on a WR, then look for a bargain at DE (maybe use 2nd round pick on this one), and CB. We will try to add depth through the draft. If Ramsey gets us an additional pick from the Jets, that will help.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
MrRedskin28 said:

Not sure on either one.. but my best guess is,, Key stays,, said as much earlier today and we do sign TO.. I like one of these moves.. let u guess which one lol..

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Wimbo said:
http://www.Commanders.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15756
The players released are as follows:

Matt Bowen, S
Walt Harris, CB
Brandon Noble, DT
Cory Raymer, C
Tom Tupa, P

I liked Brandon Noble......glad he IS NOT associated with the deadskins any longer.:starspin

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MrRedskin28 said:
Did you'all hear Vinnie Cerrato on NFL Total Acsess?

He said the Our Private Jets aka the Air Snyders will be REALLY BUSY when FA starts!

:D Thats all for now! :)

HTTR!

I heard that too! Lil Danny is flying all over the United States looking for someone to lend him some money, and he has Tags with him because, well, you know the rest of the story!

:laugh2:

clayman

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I liked Brandon Noble......glad he IS NOT associated with the deadskins any longer.:starspin

Sadly he almost made the "deadskins" a true moniker. Heard him on the radio this morn and after his staff infection he developed blood clots in his legs that went to his lungs...he was a day away from death he said...scary...a great man with great character. Those types are always missed in the NFL upon retirement.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MrRedskin28 said:

Maybe they will, and maybe they won't! At least the Boyz have that option! You suckers have to bring back the same one year wonders, and lose depth at the same time!

The Dallas Cowboys have options that the Redstinks don't have! That is a fact...!

:starspin

MrRedskin28

Benched
Reaction score
I heard that too! Lil Danny is flying all over the United States looking for someone to lend him some money, and he has Tags with him because, well, you know the rest of the story

:anvil: The face represents your attempt to make a joke.

The Dallas Cowboys have options that the Redstinks don't have! That is a fact...!

Just like it was a "fact" that we were going to be in Cap Hell this year right....

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
MrRedskin28 said:
Just like it was a "fact" that we were going to be in Cap Hell this year right....

Just because the new CBA bailed you out does not mean all the stuf that would have happened wasn't real.

Also last year lost Smoot, and Pierce cuz you couldn;t afford them

This year lost Arrington and some depth because you couldnt afford them.

Dumping saalary into future years just to get below the cap to sign a couple players

Looks kinda hellish compared to most of the league

MrRedskin28

Benched
Reaction score
This year lost Arrington and some depth because you couldnt afford them

I dont even have to elaborate the LaVar situation because you all seem to know what was going down (Paid to Much,Freelanced too Damn Much)

Some Depth??? Walt Harris SUCKED couldnt cover nor Tackle,Matt Bowen,Good but Oft Injured...The Other Three (Noble,Tupa and Raymer) not important wont hurt us....

Also last year lost Smoot, and Pierce cuz you couldn;t afford them

Smoot,didnt need him...we were gonna get a CB in the 1st Rd (Ie Carlos Rogers)

Pierce,wanted more than Marcus Washington (YEAH RIGHT)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MrRedskin28 said:
I dont even have to elaborate the LaVar situation because you all seem to know what was going down (Paid to Much,Freelanced too Damn Much)

Some Depth??? Walt Harris SUCKED couldnt cover nor Tackle,Matt Bowen,Good but Oft Injured...The Other Three (Noble,Tupa and Raymer) not important wont hurt us....

Yeah, right! However, when you got all those SUCKY players that you now have to get rid of...they were the best thing since sliced bread!

Anyway, don't worry you Commanders fans....just go here;

www. I-love-Art-@Commanders-dot-Superbowl.com....

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score

You went QB because Smoot left. Don't pretend CB was always gonna be the pick. If that were the case Washington wouldnt have tried so hard to resign smoot.

Yeah right? Why wouldn't he deserve that money? He was a damn good LB for you guys went to NYG and did just as well. Who was his replacment?

MrRedskin28

Benched
Reaction score
Yeah right? Why wouldn't he deserve that money? He was a damn good LB for you guys went to NYG and did just as well. Who was his replacment?

Lamar Marshall....registered more than 100 tackles....thanks...

If that were the case Washington wouldnt have tried so hard to resign smoot.

Timeout...The 9th pick was ALWAYS gonna be a Corner...Jason Campbell idea came when Brunell was clearly declining and when Ramseys time was clearly numbered....why overpay for Smoot? For he could do a Sex Boat party ?

We didnt need Pierce,Smoot, or LaVar to beat yall this year now did we....

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
MrRedskin28 said:
Lamar Marshall....registered more than 100 tackles....thanks...

Timeout...The 9th pick was ALWAYS gonna be a Corner...Jason Campbell idea came when Brunell was clearly declining and when Ramseys time was clearly numbered....why overpay for Smoot? For he could do a Sex Boat party ?

We didnt need Pierce,Smoot, or LaVar to beat yall this year now did we....

Pierce > Marshall

9th pick was not always going to be a CB it turned into CB when you lost Smoot.

As for Cambell who mentioned him? 1st round 3rd sringer is all he was

What does the games this year have to do with anything? Your defense declinedfrom 2004 to 2005 I have a feeling without some upgrades this year it will decline more.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Pierce > Marshall

9th pick was not always going to be a CB it turned into CB when you lost Smoot.

What does the games this year have to do with anything? Your defense declinedfrom 2004 to 2005 I have a feeling without some upgrades this year it will decline more.

I have a feeling you would have maybe gone after Mike Williams had you not gotten Rogers...which was by need, not choice (IMO). I thin that Rogers will be a fine player in this league, and Mike Williams was dissapointing last year. Point is, you guys needed a 2nd threat behind Moss. Williams would have given you the big target you guys need.

MrRedskin28

Benched
Reaction score
Pierce > Marshall

Sike.

9th pick was not always going to be a CB it turned into CB when you lost Smoot

Uh-huh.Yeeeahh :rolleyes:

You hope he is.

What does the games this year have to do with anything? Your defense declinedfrom 2004 to 2005

What a horrible decline from # 3 to STILL STAYING IN THE TOP 10.

Williams would have given you the big target you guys need.

Dont worry this will be fixed through this FA or Draft...Believe that...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MrRedskin28 said:
we didnt need Pierce,Smoot, or LaVar to beat yall this year now did we....

No, you did beat the Cowboys! But guess what? That was last year after how many years of you girls being the Cowboys little whipping girls?

It's a new time, bro! Other NFL teams have tons of money to upgrade...and you Redstinks have to put the same old tired team on the field!

You like that? Not me! But, then I am a Dallas Cowboy fan, not a Redstink fan that just won a game against the the Cowboys!

Five SuperBowls...and another coming up...soon!

Perhaps you should be argueing on an Eagle forum, those poor bastids have not won anything! Hey, birds of a feather, and a loser of a feather, flock togeather!

:laugh1:

MrRedskin28

Benched
Reaction score
No, you did beat the Cowboys! But guess what? That was last year after how many years of you girls being the Cowboys little whipping girls?

But who eliminated who from the Playoffs this year? You want to go deeper into history? Who beat who in TWO NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES to go to the Super Bowl?

So you beat my Commanders for 10 straight...Great but it means crap...our two wins this year=our playoff birth and your playoff elimination....

Redstink fan

Again with the corny names...y'all try to hard....

Five SuperBowls...and another coming up...soon!
Sike.

Perhaps you should be argueing on an Eagle forum, those poor bastids have not won anything! Hey, birds of a feather, and a loser of a feather, flock togeather!
I'll laugh with ya on this...