Commander Hatred

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
lol.....

Nice, however EVEN if the name "Commanders" wasn't created by Native americans when was the last time you called someone a Commander back in Middle School?.......I've NEVER heard this as a racial slur......
Really?

Would you like to take a trip to a reservation here in AZ? I'd be very interested in the reaction if you called them Commanders.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
naa.....That was ramsey....Brunell has about a season or 2 left.....we got the backup from the Chiefs who isn't anything special to back him up.....Basically they are grooming JC......only time will tell his story though.....:)

Thanks man. that was buggin me for a couple days but couldnt...leave...cowboys...forum..no..energy..from TO...watch...
lol

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
I'm sure that the head coach and the 4 players who came up with the name back in the day thought the same thing........

Did I mention that those 5 people were native Americans......

oh yeah.....I knew there was a reason why that racist arguement never heard up in court.....

whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. I for one am not offended by the name, I'm just pointing out that it's a tad ridiculous in this day and age. Stanford changed their name. Also you might want to point out that the name was used in 1933, and terminology has changed quite a bit since then.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Really?

Would you like to take a trip to a reservation here in AZ? I'd be very interested in the reaction if you called them Commanders.

Sure.....they might be offended by it if it's said but I've never heard it said as a derogatory statement.....that's my point........When it becomes a major society issue I'll agree changing out name to Capitol Punishment however we have more pressing needs than a fraction of a minorities feelings.......I hope that doesn't sound too harsh.....:)

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
Sure.....they might be offended by it if it's said but I've never heard it said as a derogatory statement.....that's my point........When it becomes a major society issue I'll agree changing out name to Capitol Punishment however we have more pressing needs than a fraction of a minorities feelings.......I hope that doesn't sound too harsh.....:)

I'm not really in disagreeance with you...persoanlly it doesn't offend me.

About your statements regarding middle school, I don't think most kids have the knowledge of racial slurs to drop that one in there...and how many Native Americans attended your middle school?

Regardless of weather or not you heard it as a kid, Commander is a racial slur. Does it offend me, no, but that doesn't change the fact it's a racial slur.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
If you don't mind, when you say it, I'm going to wait in the car with the engine running.

It doesn't sound harsh KB. It sounds naive. Several tribes here in AZ have spoken out against the use of that name in particular. I think there's only one HS left in the state using it. Ironically my wife's HS.

BadKarma

Reaction score
I hate extremeskins and their ugly color schemed board, it looks like Dante's third stage of hell, but I do enjoy going there to see them all suffering.

This one had me laughing...good change of pace from all the T.O. topics we've been seeing lately. :lmao2:

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Hostile said:
If you don't mind, when you say it, I'm going to wait in the car with the engine running.

It doesn't sound harsh KB. It sounds naive. Several tribes here in AZ have spoken out against the use of that name in particular. I think there's only one HS left in the state using it. Ironically my wife's HS.

lol....I'm not driving 100 miles east just to get shot however I get your point....Like I said until there is more of a push for it I don't see it being an issue.....

P.S. I'm a sophomore in ASU, I don't attend Middle school....lol.....I dunno how many ppl were natives back then but I suppose it's possible if there were a large enough amount......I'd say if anything different was thrown around it would be "spics"......I didn't here that one other ( I was in Tampa back then ) It was pretty diverse.....If there were any hate crime issues there it was blk & wht......North of Tampa there is a 60% Greek ppl town though....they didn't like anyone....lol.....

sweet....Dinner time.....later bro.....

P.S.~~I wouldn't mind Capitol Punishment:bow:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
lol....I'm not driving 100 miles east just to get shot however I get your point....Like I said until there is more of a push for it I don't see it being an issue.....

P.S. I'm a sophomore in ASU, I don't attend Middle school....lol.....I dunno how many ppl were natives back then but I suppose it's possible if there were a large enough amount......I'd say if anything different was thrown around it would be "spics"......I didn't here that one other ( I was in Tampa back then ) It was pretty diverse.....If there were any hate crime issues there it was blk & wht......North of Tampa there is a 60% Greek ppl town though....they didn't like anyone....lol.....

sweet....Dinner time.....later bro.....

P.S.~~I wouldn't mind Capitol Punishment:bow:
I think you'll agree with me that "disparaging" is not a synonym for complimentary. Just food for thought.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Commander

red·skin ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (r
ebreve.gif
d
prime.gif
sk
ibreve.gif
n
lprime.gif
)
n. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a Native American.

BigDaddyShoo

Reaction score
I've always minded my manners around here, but the first 2 pages of this thread has caused me to lose a bit of respect for the general IQ/classness of a few of this board's members. Here's hoping that constructive threads prevail in the future. :(

Kevin

Commanders Fan
Reaction score
BigDaddyShoo said:
I've always minded my manners around here, but the first 2 pages of this thread has caused me to lose a bit of respect for the general IQ/classness of a few of this board's members. Here's hoping that constructive threads prevail in the future. :(

I just joined the board yesterday, and I've kept it civil. It's difficult with the blatantness of some of the posters here, both Cowboys and Commanders fan.

I don't think the original post in this thread had anything offensive at all in it. As a matter of fact, I found it quite humorous. I also don't like Joe Gibbs' bible first attitude, but who are we to criticize a man for being religous?

Sure, some people find the term "Commanders" to be offensive...but obviously not enough to convince the NFL.

I don't remember who made the original post, but props. I thought it was pretty funny. Nothing really offensive, gave me a good laugh. Granted, I could name plenty of things I dislike about the Cowboys, but I'm sure that wouldn't bode well with most members of this board.

Oh, and for the record...Sean Taylor isn't in jail yet, so those jokes don't really pertain to him. If he does go to jail, let the flood gates open, I won't get in the way...but making Sean Taylor and jail jokes is just ignorant. Plus, we all know the Cowboys have had their fair share of run-ins with the law, as all NFL franchises have.

Happy posting.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Kevin [Commanders Fan] said:
Oh, and for the record...Sean Taylor isn't in jail yet, so those jokes don't really pertain to him. If he does go to jail, let the flood gates open, I won't get in the way...but making Sean Taylor and jail jokes is just ignorant. Plus, we all know the Cowboys have had their fair share of run-ins with the law, as all NFL franchises have.

Happy posting.

First of all... I have been following your posts... you are welcome here anytime...

Second of all... I applaud your realization that ALL NFL teams have nothing to be proud of in regards to the police blotter...

Third... do a VERY thorough search of your teams' own history and indiscretions before you make a judgment on our team...

From what I have seen, you seme to be a pretty good guy... glad to have you aboard...

Post as much as you want, but remember that this is a Cowboys board... you may not always be greeted with open arms...

If you prove yourself to be objective and open to mutual respectful discourse, you will enjoy your time here...

Again, Welcome...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
As a Native American, the term Commander has never bothered me whatsoever. Call me naive or whatever, but personally I have never heard anyone called a Commander besides a player for the Washington franchise.

I believe that some members of the nation have gone to bat for the Washington Commanders, when this topic comes up in court.

Granted, Native Americans consist of around 1% of the total population.