Commanders | Expensive roster in 2006

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Commanders | Expensive roster in 2006
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:11:14 -0800
John Keim, of The Washington Examiner, reports the Washington Commanders have 11 players who will count more than $4 million against the salary cap in the 2006 season.

Commanders | Jansen may have to rework deal
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:10:53 -0800
John Keim, of The Washington Examiner, reports Washington Commanders ORT Jon Jansen may have to restructure his contract with the team during the offseason.

Commanders | Springs may have to rework deal
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:10:32 -0800
John Keim, of The Washington Examiner, reports Washington Commanders CB Shawn Springs may have to restructure his contract with the team during the offseason.

Commanders | Wynn may have to rework deal
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:09:51 -0800
John Keim, of The Washington Examiner, reports Washington Commanders DE Renaldo Wynn may have to restructure his contract with the team during the offseason.

Commanders | Ramsey could be held onto as insurance policy
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:06:51 -0800
John Keim, of The Washington Examiner, reports Washington Commanders backup QB Patrick Ramsey wants to be traded during the offseason. However, he has one more year on his contract and likely won't bring much in return through a trade. Plus, the Commanders could elect to keep him around as an insurance policy entering next year.

Duane

Reaction score
It'll be like every other season and they'll push money into another year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane said:
It'll be like every other season and they'll push money into another year.
Yep and like the Titans, eventually they're going to have to pay that bill sometime.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Heh I hope they all refuse to restructure

Didnt jansen restructure last year?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5 said:
Heh I hope they all refuse to restructure

Didnt jansen restructure last year?

Not sure about him but I was thinking Samuels has the last 2-3 years.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Not sure about him but I was thinking Samuels has the last 2-3 years.

Your right Samuels restructured last year and they gave him like a 15 mill bonus or something like that lol

Pabst

Reaction score
11 players will put them 4 mil+ over the cap? Does that mean those 11 will account for the entire cap, plus 4 million?

Doesn't that sound a bit extreme? Considering theres 52 on a roster.

wileedog

Reaction score
Pabst said:
11 players will put them 4 mil+ over the cap? Does that mean those 11 will account for the entire cap, plus 4 million?

Doesn't that sound a bit extreme? Considering theres 52 on a roster.

No, each is worth $4+ million on the cap, or $44M+ overall.

Hiero

Reaction score
same as always. restructure a bunch of contracts or cut them.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
They have 45 players accounting for about 114 million on the books for next season

So they are still 8 players short of a full roster, No draft picks, and no practice squad

and based on 95 mill cap they are already 18 mill over the cap. I also seen a sportsline report say they are 27 mill over the cap so I dont know which is correct but either way its alot

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
They will eventually end up like the Titans, having to cut/trade half their roster and send them into a long, painful rebuilding process.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
They have 45 players accounting for about 114 million on the books for next season

So they are still 8 players short of a full roster, No draft picks, and no practice squad

and based on 95 mill cap they are already 18 mill over the cap. I also seen a sportsline report say they are 27 mill over the cap so I dont know which is correct but either way its alot
WOW - man, when that bill comes due, I wanna be in the board room as Little DannySnyder figures out how to field a team of 10 players total. Maybe Brunell can play both ways and kick FGs too. For as much as they are paying him, he should start doing something for them soon, dont ya think?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
It looks like they are betting on having a non cap season so they can dump some salaries. They need to get that new CBA signed pronto :D

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
It looks like they are betting on having a non cap season so they can dump some salaries. They need to get that new CBA signed pronto :D
Damn right. Lets get the CBA signed Jerry, I am sure your on the right commitee for that.

What committees is he on now anyways. I know he was on the competition committee for awhile and a major proponent of the salary cap. Anyone know what he does for the NFL anymore.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Damn right. Lets get the CBA signed Jerry, I am sure your on the right commitee for that.

What committees is he on now anyways. I know he was on the competition committee for awhile and a major proponent of the salary cap. Anyone know what he does for the NFL anymore.
Speech writer for Tags :D

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Somehow, someway, the Skins always find a way to manuever around the cap and still get a few big named free agents. I expect the same this offseason.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, they don't have to worry about signing a first round draft pick do they? :D

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Well they have supposedly been going to be in "Cap Hell" for years now....I'm still waiting!!!!!:(

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry's spending without a cap. Additionally, the players have already let it be known that they are very interested in seeing an upcapped year. I wouldn't look for an extension of the CBA until after the cap is gone.