Commanders Insider Blog from Washington Post - Cowboys Breakdown

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Terry Glenn is about to come back? When did this happen?

And who is Jason Whitten?

sjordan6

Reaction score
Dooms, I like how you are trying to keep us all grounded and I respect you for that. BUT, as I evaluate this game I really cant see how the Commanders keep this close. Now, I remember back in the day how these teams somehow would beat each other regardless of their records but somehow I dont see that happening Sunday.

Their defense is not really that good. They have never had a defensive line that created pressure and sacks without the blitz from the LBS. Carter is another overpaid FA whose career never snaps back after they go to Washington. Their secondary is beyond depleted and I just dont see how they sustain when we go to a three wide receiver set with Witten still as the TE.

Yes they are ok against the run but they are far from dominant and this is where they will miss Taylor.

The problem with the Commander is Al Saunders offense and not trusting Cambell to throw. Now with the reduction of thier starting wides, I feel sorry for Campell if we simply double Cooley and allow Newman to single cover Randle El the whole game.

This game can get ugly real quick.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
where are all the Skins Troll's talking trash? How about the good ones who always have a jab to throw. My Commander neighbor hasn't even talked smack this season.....

WOW...:bang2:

Mansta54

Reaction score
sjordan6;1766499 said:
Dooms, I like how you are trying to keep us all grounded and I respect you for that. BUT, as I evaluate this game I really cant see how the Commanders keep this close. Now, I remember back in the day how these teams somehow would beat each other regardless of their records but somehow I dont see that happening Sunday.

Their defense is not really that good. They have never had a defensive line that created pressure and sacks without the blitz from the LBS. Carter is another overpaid FA whose career never snaps back after they go to Washington. Their secondary is beyond depleted and I just dont see how they sustain when we go to a three wide receiver set with Witten still as the TE.

Yes they are ok against the run but they are far from dominant and this is where they will miss Taylor.

The problem with the Commander is Al Saunders offense and not trusting Cambell to throw. Now with the reduction of thier starting wides, I feel sorry for Campell if we simply double Cooley and allow Newman to single cover Randle El the whole game.

This game can get ugly real quick.

This post is dead on point and we may not have to really double Cooley cause he will have to stay in and block alot. Their oline with Fabini and Wade is terrible.. It's gonna be a long day for Campbell..

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1766294 said:
I agree. They need to control the clock and slow the game to a crawl. Run Portis until he throws up.
In other words run him till he pulls a McFlabb?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Actually the Giants played the perfect strategy. They controlled the ball almost the entire time in the 3rd quarter but when they gave the ball back to Dallas finally, Dallas scored instantly and they couldn't keep up.

Controlling the clock and putting up scores is the key to defeating Dallas.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1766244 said:
I agree which is why I don't think they will. I think they will try and play the time of possesion and field position game.

They have to take shots though or Roy will just kill them in the run game. Gotta go deep enough times to keep him back is their only chance, even if they're just launching it without a high probability of a completion.

yennor24

Reaction score
only thing that worries me and maybe not this game is, we have only played 1 good game at home, seems like we play better on the road then at home...That kinda worries me for later down the road....