Commanders Seek to Restructure Contracts for Salary Cap Space

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Om;1348717 said:
Forgot to thank you for that one. Sure, AA was a bit of a disappointment at safety this season, but damn that's one fine lady. Reminds me ... she asked me to pass on a message. I don't understand it myself, but she told me you would. She said, "Tell Hos I'm wasn't really upset--it happens to guys sometimes."

Now I'm off to finish up the draft of Backpedalling for Dummies I've been working on. AA's got dibs on the first signed copy and time is short.
Hey, thanks for getting the message to me. That is very cool of you. Always good to know. I hate being premature with things.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Om;1348733 said:
Um, no. You specifically reserved that for you and Hos, remember?

You guys ever work out who had which?
I had skull lift. I was thinking 2 x 4 to the base of the head in an upward motion.

What do you think?

AtlCB

Reaction score
Om;1348733 said:
Um, no. You specifically reserved that for you and Hos, remember?

You guys ever work out who had which?

Well, like I said, it's been about 50/50 so far. Our scouting dept may have its occasional off day, but we're kicking some serious arse in the cheating under the cap dept.

My countermeasure of turning the clock back to 1991 by bringing back Gibbs hit an unexpected temporal snag--something about g-string theory according to Vinny--last season, but we think we've got that ironed out. The wallpaper's going up in S. Hawking's office this weekend, so he should be ready to pitch in come draft day.
That was me who messed up your Gibbs strategy. I knew you guys would try to bring him back, so I made a copy of Joe Theismanns' brain and replaced Gibbs brain with it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I told VInny and Gibbs to give Brandon Lloyd an extension

the guilt was just too much, so I had to tell you guys

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AtlCB;1348750 said:
That was me who messed up your Gibbs strategy. I knew you guys would try to bring him back, so I made a copy of Joe Theismanns' brain and replaced Gibbs brain with it.

Is that why Gibbs calls some of his coaches...Norman? :laugh2:

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
:repost:

While the names of the washed-up players have changed, I could swear I saw this same article last off-season.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.

:)

Om

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1348738 said:
I think that is Art's job...since he is around that area to kiss butt anyways. :D

Yes...nothing like that killer cap strategy...there has to be a way to make it work in order to sign players like Adam A and B. Lloyd.

:laugh1:
...and S. Springs and C. Griffin and M. Washington and S. Moss and C. Portis and ... oh, never mind.

What it this, football talk all of a sudden?

Hostile;1348740 said:
Hey, thanks for getting the message to me. That is very cool of you. Always good to know. I hate being premature with things.
Nope. I still don't understand.
Hostile;1348748 said:
I had skull lift. I was thinking 2 x 4 to the base of the head in an upward motion.

What do you think?
I think more head is always a good thing.

AtlCB;1348750 said:
Good thinking. We toyed with the idea of replacing Jones', but then we figured, no, let's just leave that as is.
summerisfunner;1348752 said:
I told VInny and Gibbs to give Brandon Lloyd an extension

the guilt was just too much, so I had to tell you guys
So THAT'S what happened.
lloyd.jpg

Extensions on dudes are goofy.

Om

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1348754 said:
Is that why Gibbs calls some of his coaches...Norman? :laugh2:
Hey, that's Mr. Einstein to you, buddy.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Om;1348782 said:
Hey, that's Mr. Einstein to you, buddy.

No...it has to be either Norman or Norman Einstein.

Saying Mr. Einstein takes away from the humor of it as people may think of the first name as Albert.

Geez...keep up here Norman.

Om

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1348796 said:

Saying Mr. Einstein takes away from the humor of it as people may think of the first name as Albert.
True, but only people who didn't get the "joke" in the first place. And we're not talking to them--they look and smell funny.

I should try to keep up? Sheesh. Might be time for a fresh coat of brain paint hermano. Sounds like you're running on fumes. :)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1348796 said:

Geez...keep up here Norman.

that's funny, since we're about to hire Norv Turner to be our coach :lmao2:

Om

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1348830 said:
that's funny, since we're about to hire Norv Turner to be our coach :lmao2:
When you're right you're right. That IS funny. :)

notherbob

Reaction score
It's not a good omen for the Commanders if they have to scramble to restructure contracts this early into an expanded salary cap era with higher limits. Most teams will have more money to work with in case anyone decides to outbid Danny Boy for any player, as if anyone would want to.

I foresee grim times ahead for Danny's Boys. Cowboys' fans understand 5-11 all to well.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
notherbob;1348850 said:
It's not a good omen for the Commanders if they have to scramble to restructure contracts this early into an expanded salary cap era with higher limits. Most teams will have more money to work with in case anyone decides to outbid Danny Boy for any player, as if anyone would want to.

I foresee grim times ahead for Danny's Boys. Cowboys' fans understand 5-11 all to well.

heck, I think right now, at least 10 teams are over the 15 mil, salary cap mark

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Om;1348815 said:
True, but only people who didn't get the "joke" in the first place. And we're not talking to them--they look and smell funny.

I should try to keep up? Sheesh. Might be time for a fresh coat of brain paint hermano. Sounds like you're running on fumes. :)

Hmmm never heard a fumes or paint chip joke before. Sadly, you have let me down.

But I will let you redeem yourself.

I want a short, and humorous, story about Howdy Doody (Jerry) and Little Napolean (Danny) being shipwrecked on a deserted tropical island.

Bonus points can be earned if you somehow incorporate any of the following title, name, movie quote and phrase into the story.

Bedtime for Bongo
Abbott and Costello
"What say you there, fuzzy-britches? Feel like talking? "
It's a dog eat dog world out there and I have milk bone underwear on.

Ok...I will be waiting for a good story and laugh.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
notherbob;1348850 said:

They, the skins and danny, will always find a way.

The only chance they had at true cap hell was this past year when there was a thread of not getting the new deal in place.