Commanders will...

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Perhaps someone can clarify something for me. RedskinFan has been yapping about always having beaten us when it counted, namely, in two NFC Championship games. I know the one in 1982 but when was the other, early 1970s?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Dallas lost the NFC title game 3 years in a row from 81-83
Darn it Mr. HeavyHitta! I give up! Dallas lost the NFC title game 3 years in a row from 81-83; you guys had a star receiver get injured during a game with Philly -- we had a star receiver get injured in a game against Dallas! So now we can't even lose better than Dallas!

You guys are the best at being the worst and the best!;)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Darn it Mr. HeavyHitta! I give up! Dallas lost the NFC title game 3 years in a row from 81-83; you guys had a star receiver get injured during a game with Philly -- we had a star receiver get injured in a game against Dallas! So now we can't even lose better than Dallas!

You guys are the best at being the worst and the best!;)

Damn straight :D

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Perhaps someone can clarify something for me. RedskinFan has been yapping about always having beaten us when it counted, namely, in two NFC Championship games. I know the one in 1982 but when was the other, early 1970s?

They did beat us in 2 NFC Championship games

Dec 31, 1972 26-3
Jan. 22, 1982 31-17

Since 1960, we have won 54 total games, they have won 34, tied 2 and had 1 game cancelled... that is if I counted right... so... no matter how you slice it... we still own them

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
but I swear I remember the cowboys doing it before. Maybe they meant it was the first time the Eagles have done that, but not sure.

Dallas and the Giants both went undefeated once. Dallas beat the Cards, Eagles, SKins, and Giants all, the Giants beat everyone and tied the Eagles (I think could have been the Skins). Dallas was the first team to win every game in the NFC East it was the last time they won the division 10-6 that year 1998 if I am not mistaken Gaileys first year.