Stephen Bowen.

I believe the projection is a 6th.
That's what I was thinking too, but then I see it in rd 4 on some mocks here

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Risen Star;4471161 said:
Stephen Bowen.

I believe the projection is a 6th.

I have not seen anything official, but the rumors going around on several other Cowboy boards is a 6th.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;4471271 said:
I have not seen anything official, but the rumors going around on several other Cowboy boards is a 6th.

As always, AdamJT13 is my guide on all matters cap related and compensatory pick related... Adam has said it will be a 6th rounder... some Metroplex mediot suggested it might be a 4th rounder, I can't remember who...

In these situations, the smart money goes with Adam...

wittenacious

Reaction score
To add to the debate, and following up on what SilverBear said, I found this blog ... the author claiming to base his compensatory pick projections on AdamJT13's work also, but freely speculating on his own:

Cowboys -- 4th Round Pick -- Stephen Bowen -- What was said:

I claim no credit for the basis behind this work, as I did nothing original. I merely used compensatory pick guru AdamJT13′s publicly posted guidelines as best as I could. You can find his work at adamjt13.blogspot.com. Unfortunately it looks like he has abandoned his research. If you are unfamiliar with his work, the basics that affect comp picks are:

read more: http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/02/03/2012-compensatory-pick-projections/

So a 4th to 6th round compensatory pick seems to be the range.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
silverbear;4471331 said:
As always, AdamJT13 is my guide on all matters cap related and compensatory pick related... Adam has said it will be a 6th rounder... some Metroplex mediot suggested it might be a 4th rounder, I can't remember who...

In these situations, the smart money goes with Adam...

I'm pretty sure that I have never said it would be a sixth-round pick. Bowen's compensatory value falls between the lowest fourth-round comp pick last year and the highest fifth-round comp pick last year.

Unless the NFL comes up with some reason why Sam Hurd shouldn't count in the equation, we should get either a fourth or fifth for Bowen.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
AdamJT13;4471351 said:
I'm pretty sure that I have never said it would be a sixth-round pick. Bowen's compensatory value falls between the lowest fourth-round comp pick last year and the highest fifth-round comp pick last year.

Unless the NFL comes up with some reason why Sam Hurd shouldn't count in the equation, we should get either a fourth or fifth for Bowen.

Excellent... sorry to have misquoted you, in the future I'll do better... I would have sworn I read where you'd projected a 6th, but I'm quite happy to be wrong...

This immediately changes my mock drafts...

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
AdamJT13;4471351 said:

Burn either and move up to secure DeCastro is my knee-jerk reaction. Second reaction is to use it and our second to move up for the defensive line.

Not knowing what the value chart looks like for picks, I wonder if we could work a deal with our second and comp pick to move back into the late first round.

IIRC, comp picks can't be traded though? Maybe our original 4th and 2nd to move back into the 1st.

Yesh, this is me throwing taters against the wall to see what sticks.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
AdamJT13;4471351 said:

Gosh I hope its a 4th, there is still some pretty good talent to be had in that round with maybe Joe Adams, Tramain Thomas, Phillip Blake, and Ryan Broyles maybe going in that area.

And as for them coming up with a reason for Sam Hurd.....guess I don't trust them so they could come up with anything.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;4471351 said:

Excellent. Everybody's been assuming a 6th.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SaltwaterServr;4471360 said:
Burn either and move up to secure DeCastro is my knee-jerk reaction. Second reaction is to use it and our second to move up for the defensive line.

Not knowing what the value chart looks like for picks, I wonder if we could work a deal with our second and comp pick to move back into the late first round.

IIRC, comp picks can't be traded though? Maybe our original 4th and 2nd to move back into the 1st.

Yesh, this is me throwing taters against the wall to see what sticks.

Yeah you can't trade comp picks.

Woods

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4471370 said:
Gosh I hope its a 4th, there is still some pretty good talent to be had in that round with maybe Joe Adams, Tramain Thomas, Phillip Blake, and Ryan Broyles maybe going in that area.

And as for them coming up with a reason for Sam Hurd.....guess I don't trust them so they could come up with anything.

Yhea, at the end of the 4th round for example, we should be able to land a pretty good player.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
4th or 5th?

It will most likely be a 5th because that would just be too great if we got a 4th.