Comp Pick

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AdamJT13;4471351 said:
I'm pretty sure that I have never said it would be a sixth-round pick. Bowen's compensatory value falls between the lowest fourth-round comp pick last year and the highest fifth-round comp pick last year.

Unless the NFL comes up with some reason why Sam Hurd shouldn't count in the equation, we should get either a fourth or fifth for Bowen.
Holy cow this just made my day.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4471401 said:
If Adam says it's a 4th, that's what I'm going with

I'm saying a fourth or fifth, because it's impossible to know where the cutoff point is between the two rounds.

I'll be expecting a fifth, just so I don't get my hopes up about getting a fourth. Then if it is a fourth, it's a bonus.

Then again, the league could find some way to disqualify Sam Hurd, and then all we'd get would be a "net value" seventh-round pick.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
AdamJT13;4474605 said:
Then again, the league could find some way to disqualify Sam Hurd, and then all we'd get would be a "net value" seventh-round pick.

With rumors that the Cowboys are looking into suing the NFL, punishing the Cowboys by giving them a 7th rounder sounds right up the NFL's alley. :laugh2:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
AdamJT13;4471351 said:
I'm pretty sure that I have never said it would be a sixth-round pick. Bowen's compensatory value falls between the lowest fourth-round comp pick last year and the highest fifth-round comp pick last year.

Unless the NFL comes up with some reason why Sam Hurd shouldn't count in the equation, we should get either a fourth or fifth for Bowen.

So, we should also get something for Hurd to Adam? Maybe a 6th?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;4479019 said:
So, we should also get something for Hurd to Adam? Maybe a 6th?

No, we will get nothing for Hurd because we signed Abram Elam. If Hurd gets disqualified, then we won't get a true comp pick for Bowen, but we should get a "net value" comp pick at the end of the seventh round.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
AdamJT13;4479140 said:
No, we will get nothing for Hurd because we signed Abram Elam. If Hurd gets disqualified, then we won't get a true comp pick for Bowen, but we should get a "net value" comp pick at the end of the seventh round.

Since we lost Laurent Robinson this year, do we stand to gain a Comp pick this high next year from him??