Comp picks announced

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sucks to see 11 3rd round comps awarded in a year where you get none though.

It really sucks that they can now also be traded. It sure would be nice to have an extra third to not only give the chance for more talent but a bargaining chip.

If anything we are moving down in this draft, I believe. Got to get back that stupid fifth we gave up from Matt freaking Cassel.

Last edited:

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Like Alexander mentioned, I wonder if the league will tweak the formula for comp picks. The results have really shifted over the years. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Sucks to see 11 3rd round comps awarded in a year where you get none though.

They're change it when Dallas gets a 3rd round comp pick under the current formula.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fun fact - If the Giants and Patriots weren't penalized for walkie talkies and deflategate the Cowboys would once again hold the 135th overall draft choice they used on Dak Prescott.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Like Alexander mentioned, I wonder if the league will tweak the formula for comp picks. The results have really shifted over the years. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Sucks to see 11 3rd round comps awarded in a year where you get none though.
I think it is working as planned.......teams are losing a lot of talent after 4 rookie contract years and should be compensated...... with more cap space the number of 9m+ players shot up this year, but the players were pretty good......the one I have a problem with is Okung who only actually received 5m from DEN that he negotiated himself

MIA3 Olivier Vernon $16,750,000
CAR 3 Josh Norman $15,000,000
BAL 3 Kelechi Osemele $11,200,000
LAR* 3 Janoris Jenkins $12,400,000
DEN 3 Malik Jackson $14,250,000
SEA 3 Russell Okung $10,600,000
CLE* 3 Alex Mack $9,000,000
KC 3 Sean Smith $9,250,000
PIT 3 Kelvin Beachum $9,000,000
SEA 3 Bruce Irvin $9,000,000
NYJ 3 Damon Harrison $9,000,000

they may have to adjust the limit to 10-11m if this many 3rd rounders keeps up

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It really sucks that they can now also be traded. It sure would be nice to have an extra third to not only give the chance for more talent but a bargaining chip.

If anything we are moving down in this draft, I believe. Got to get back that stupid fifth we gave up from Matt freaking Cassel.

I think this is actually perfect. We're at #28, and if the Browns don't pick up a quarterback with the first two picks (I think they go defense and maybe offense, Garrett and Cook maybe), they could move up to get one (I personally think the Clemson quarterback drops). The Browns have a lot of picks to give up. I think they'd be willing to part with a second and a third to move up.