Comparing Zeke to HOF RBs

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let’s see how Zeke does this year with hopefully a full TC and a new coaching staff.
Then see what the direction may be from there. Trend up or trend down.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
III. The Great Short Timers- these are all great players who were absolute stars but injuries shortened or ended their careers. They all had monsters seasons, but their career was like a bottle rocket.
  • Gayle Sayers
  • Bo Jackson
  • Billy Sims
  • Terrell Davis
  • William Andrews
Sayers and TDavis made the HOF despite careers shortened by injury. The others were great players that made a huge splash then faded.

Of these three groups, I see Zeke having a career like the second group. The guys who peak in their late 20s. I don’t know if Zeke will be a HOFer, but he has a chance if he takes care of his body and avoids injury.

It will be fun to see how the next 4-5 seasons go for him because he will probably peak or decline somewhere in there.

Pro Football Reference's HOF monitor is a convenient place to compare RBs.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_RB.htm

Frank Gore is a no from me. Never a ring or an All Pro. He's an attendance trophy.

Without a ring, I don't think Zeke has a chance. He peaked as a rookie. Might make it if he gets a ring or two, but I don't see any more All Pro years coming his way unless the rest of the league is pretty meh.

Unlikely he ever leads the league in rushing ever again. With McCarthy, Moore and Pollard, I expect Zeke just won't get the same percentage of our carries, as he did under Bell Cow Garrett, and with McCarthy, Cooper, Gallup, and CD, we've just *got* to be throwing the ball a lot more too.

The disease which must not be named may be *really* serious for athletes, as it can cause permanent lung damage. Most people don't stress their lung capacity often, and the damage is likely overlooked. Athletes can't afford even minor impairment.

aria

Reaction score
I’d love to see the ewok go to a team with even a bottom half O line in the next year or two so he would be exposed for the chump he is and never have a chance at the HOF. Take out total carries which almost always equates to more yards, especially with the O line he’s had, and none of his stats are HOF worthy. I wonder if the Hall takes into account showing up in big games...another fail.

cern

Reaction score
Judging zeke solely on his merit, he'll be in the hof some day. And while it's true punishing runners don't always last long, was there ever a more punishing runner than jim brown.

aria

Reaction score
I’d rather have a RB that breaks tackles and makes defenders miss over a guy who gets less yards by trying to bulldoze them which especially applies to ezekiell considering the room this O line has given him to run most times.

cern

Reaction score
I’d rather have a RB that breaks tackles and makes defenders miss over a guy who gets less yards by trying to bulldoze them which especially applies to ezekiell considering the room this O line has given him to run most times.
3rd and one, i want the bruiser. 4th and goal on the one, i want the bruiser. He'll get plenty of yards with his speed and lateral ability. Jmo

aria

Reaction score
3rd and one, i want the bruiser. 4th and goal on the one, i want the bruiser. He'll get plenty of yards with his speed and lateral ability. Jmo
Well then you don’t want zeke, his short yardage success is a big myth, he’s not even top 10 in most situations and he sucks in the red zone. It’s all good though, thankfully we didn’t pay him the most ever for a RB at the time because he sat out with 2 years left on his contract. Jerry is smart like that. We could have paid a guy like CJ Anderson near the vet minimum to have equal or better success in those situations.

Scroll down to look at his short yardage success.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ezekiel-elliott-is-not-worth-the-money-he-wants/

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Frank Gore is a no from me. Never a ring or an All Pro. He's an attendance trophy.

I think you may be underappreciating the totality of Gore's career.

He didn't just grind out yards by showing up every week--which in and of itself would be good in a Franco Harris sort of way.

But instead, he actually has a career yards per carry average HIGHER than Emmitt.
Over that long of a career......That says he was may more than some think

So he's the 3rd all-time leading rusher (may even make it to 2nd) who also has averaged 4.3 ypc over an entre career.

2010's All-Decade Team
2006 All Pro (1695 rushing 485 receiving)

He's in...imo

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Yeah, but how do you really feel? Can you please stop being so ambiguous? lol :p
I’ll NEVER let up on this chump until he no longer wears a Cowboys uniform which couldn’t be soon enough. I think most people have accepted that, lol.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Judging zeke solely on his merit, he'll be in the hof some day. And while it's true punishing runners don't always last long, was there ever a more punishing runner than jim brown.
I think so, with a huge asterisk that he actually plays another 7-8 years minimum.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I’d love to see the ewok go to a team with even a bottom half O line in the next year or two so he would be exposed for the chump he is and never have a chance at the HOF. Take out total carries which almost always equates to more yards, especially with the O line he’s had, and none of his stats are HOF worthy. I wonder if the Hall takes into account showing up in big games...another fail.

From reading your posts I bet game day is just a joy at your house. Along with the day your kid forgot to take out the trash.

aria

Reaction score
From reading your posts I bet game day is just a joy at your house. Along with the day your kid forgot to take out the trash.
Hahahahahahaha...I bet hanging out with you is a blast, what’s the next original comment you’re going to tell me “I bet you’re real fun at parties”?

Come up with some new material bro and stop lifting lines off the playground.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
"Zeke hasn't done anything since 2016."

"Zeke's fat and slow now."

"I'm all emotions and make lazy posts."

Good gracious. Would have never guessed Mixon would be #2 on the list, only 3 behind Zeke with 154 fewer carries. I need to pay more attention to him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats what I was thinking too.
You can tell Haze isn't a Horns fan.
Too bad us posters don't have the true power of re-editing. :p
No actually leaving Earl Campbell off my post was just an accidental dumb mistake on my part.