Competition for Maher?

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
has anyone seen anything about Dallas bringing in a kicker to at least compete with Maher? I googled it and didn’t see anything but I may have missed something.

I honestly see Kicker as a big need, I hold my breath every time Maher steps on the field.

slick325

Reaction score
It's an adventure every time he lines up on the right hash. Honestly, it's an adventure anytime he lines up to kick a FG. I hope they do bring in some competition. It would be a shame if the season is derailed by close losses due to your kicker.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Maher is actually pretty good inside 40 yards...............its the long FGs he misses, especially over 50 yards.

I think he was around 80% last season. Im too lazy to go look it up, but I think it was around there.

Yeah, I would bring in a new kicker for competition regardless.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
has anyone seen anything about Dallas bringing in a kicker to at least compete with Maher? I googled it and didn’t see anything but I may have missed something.

I honestly see Kicker as a big need, I hold my breath every time Maher steps on the field.

Totally agree with kicker competition. Haven't seen anything tho

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I was skeptical when we released bailey but we see how he did with Vikings. I’m curious to see if maybe we bring someone in to battle Maher and he continues to win the kicker battles

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Maher is actually pretty good inside 40 yards...............its the long FGs he misses, especially over 50 yards.

I think he was around 80% last season. Im too lazy to go look it up, but I think it was around there.

I think you have that backwards Beast

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Wide right Mcgee and that freakin Special teams coach should have been long gone.

RodeoJake

Reaction score

He was money from under 30 and over 50. 30 to 49 yarders were iffy.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I've got an idea. I know I get taunted occasionally for looking beyond the US borders for players, especially from the Japanese X-League, but I'd be curious about some of the Japanese kickers. They'd probably LOVE a shot, and some of them are very good.

Here is the profile of Japanese kicker Takeru Yamasaki: https://profile.ameba.jp/ameba/takeru-yamasaki

He currently plays for the Elecom Kobe Finies (One of the teams in the X-League). He went to Osaka University where he played as a kicker.

Here's a video by and of Takeru Yamasaki:

Please note how often his kicks go out the back of the endzone, including a kick he did from the 30 on kickoffs. His onside kicks look good, especially his form there. He did a try out at the 2018 Kohl's kicking Pro Combine, which is in the video. Look how great his kick was there. One of his kickoffs at a later time in the video was from 80 yards, and sailed through the uprights. The second half of the video is his field goals. Very impressed by that too. Point being, I think the Cowboys really should send this guy an invite to mini camp and training camp. I think we'll be very happy we did. I think his leg is good enough to where he could actually beat out Maher.

Last edited: