Complaining about players and coaches

kskboys

Reaction score
then why are any of you still here ? why do you claim to be fans? the Jones family has owned this team since 1989 and you have been unhappy after the 3 Sbs over four years which the last one was 24years ago, yet you are on forums , on FB pages, claim to be DC fans..

yet you do nothing but complaining, unhappy, say nothing will ever change and from my seat the Jones will be around at least 5-15-20 more years..

how about shut up about it and stop all the complaining and trey being fan..yes normal fans have debates on bad games, bad plays, odd play calls , bad refs etc thats normal

However this is spiraling into a place to HATE the DC not something real fans do..

if the Jones are still her e and going to be here all the complaining is meaningless, it wont change. The only thing you can change is to stop being fan turn in your fan card. delete your accounts, and move on..

some of us can be unhappy , disappointed, irritated and down right angry but dont take up countless hours a day doing nothing but complaining like little , well you know..90% of the threads are all negative , most ridiculous kneejerk emotional outbursts with insane notions on changes that wont and cant happen..

its useless waste of time
Why in the world did you click on this thread?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well we can't do anything about the owners except, AND I SAID THIS LAST YEAR, stop supporting anything Cowboys related, including merch, tickets to games, etc.
this CZ is Cowboy related.. its become a bulletin board for hate DC propaganda..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't know if this would be considered a "tie" or not but has anyone noticed that Jerry only hires fat coaches. Jimmy Johnson. Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, Bill Parcells, Wade Phillips, Mike McCarthy. Then all we do is over criticize the slim coaches in Barry Switzer and Jason Garrett. We run the fat guys off too fast and accept the slim guys. I don't know, seems pretty shallow from where I'm sitting.

I think we as fans should start embracing the fat coaches as well as the slim coaches. We're the reason why coaches are starving themselves and throwing up after every meal. They're trying to live up to an impossible standard of coaching. I hope someday Cowboys fans will accept a coach for his coaching merits and not his waist size.
thats just odd...very strange respnse

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have finally made the big move to have a real head coach but fans want instant results.

They have given McCarthy as much or more autonomy than they gave Parcells.

If you've waited this long, now is not the time to cry.

They're going to sink or swim based on McCarthy and his assistant coaches including McCarthy and the coaching staffs ability to work with Will McClay to get better players next year.
Instant results? Fans have been waiting 25 years just to win a freakin’ divisional playoff game. They’re going to sink or swim based on whether or not the Jones boys ever learn they are the biggest problem this team has. I doubt they have that revelation any time soon.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s only one way to stop Jethro. And fans are too addicted to the product to force his hand. Instead we continue rewarding his efforts like junkies on the street corner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s Jimmys fault. If he hadn’t built those championship teams Jethro would have already been ran out of town. Or taken the franchise with him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We sold our souls for those early championships.

The dream honeymoon turned into the marriage from hell.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
They have finally made the big move to have a real head coach but fans want instant results.

They have given McCarthy as much or more autonomy than they gave Parcells.

If you've waited this long, now is not the time to cry.

They're going to sink or swim based on McCarthy and his assistant coaches including McCarthy and the coaching staffs ability to work with Will McClay to get better players next year.
I respect you brother and your great posts but saying McCarthy is a real head coach is a reach ..the guy is a another yes man like Wade Phillips and Wade is better by miles ...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Week after week, year after year it's "what if we drafted this player?" or "what if we hired this coach?", which apparently pacifies some folks. That, or they're oblivious to the real problem.

How many (insert several cuss words here) decades of failure does it take for everyone, yes everyone, to acknowledge the real problem? It's not the players, it's not the coaches, it's the old fool owner and his family-run enterprise. They can screw up from now until the end of time and they'll still have their jobs. Win? Lose? Who cares? Collect your millions.

All of this chatter about whether the chaise lounge should be against the rail or not is nonsense.
this is officially a stupid post...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Blu that’s an odd response since you have somehow decided to keep this thread you call “stupid” quite alive by posting 5 times in it. If you don’t like it, why post?
making a point...

its stupid isnt it lmao:laugh::rolleyes:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Runny, the problem with that is they have to realize that they are the changes that have to be made and no way I see that happening with these ego driven celebrities.

I see two options, acceptance of what is and what will be or find another team. It helps to complain and rant here because there are so many sympathetic eyes reading our rants. I chose the former because I can purge myself here among others that understand the frustration because it doesn't have to be this way because it wasn't always like this.
There have been some things about the Joneses that have changed in the past five years or so, such as Jerry loosening his grip on the decision making, willingness to turn to free agency, and firing Garrett. There's more to be done, but at least they eventually saw that the status quo wasn't working.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Instant results? Fans have been waiting 25 years just to win a freakin’ divisional playoff game. They’re going to sink or swim based on whether or not the Jones boys ever learn they are the biggest problem this team has. I doubt they have that revelation any time soon.

Read the post.

The new coaching staff has had about 5 minutes relative to what Garrett had.

Expecting the new staff to make anything better after a Covid off-season is unlikely. The defense could not stop the run going back to the 2018 season playoff game vs the Rams.

The players have not improved since then. They had Byron Jones and a 100% healthy LVE. Lee was playing.

The Joneses dumped Garrett and hired a Head Coach that has won a Super Bowl and that had no personal connections to Jerry.

It is not surprising that the defense might get worse before it gets better. The previous D-Coordinator just kept doing the same thing expecting different results.

The previous scheme had a fundamental flaw vs zone run blocking.

The new scheme does in theory resolve that problem but the players are not executing.

The new scheme is using concepts very similar to what Belichick used to shut sown the Rams running game in the 2018 season Super Bowl. The same Rams scheme that gained 275 yards rushing vs the Cowboys.

The main difference is that Belichick had players like LB Kyle Van Noy and the Cowboys have Jaylon Smith. Van Noy knows more about defense than many NFL coaches. Mentally he is in the Kuechly / Sean Lee range but he played in a more complex scheme than either of them. I said in the off-season that the Cowboys should target him in free agency because Nolan's scheme, based on my study of game footage, was very very similar to Belichick's scheme.

This upcoming off-season the Pats have several free agents on defense and they tend to let good players move on in free agency.
DL L.Guy would be a good addition.

In 2019 the Saints signed DT M.Brown away from the Pats for only 5M per. He is not a pass rusher but he is a brick wall in run defense.

DT Danny Shelton departed the Pats this season for 4M per. He also is not a pass rusher but he has Dontari Poe size but has been healthy and is only 27 years old; whereas, Poe is 30 and he was on IR for about the last half of 2019.

The biggest issue is that they moved from the most simplistic defensive scheme in the NFL to a modern complex scheme and did it during the Covid off-season with no pre-season games.

If they have moved from a complex scheme to a Marinelli type simpleton scheme the initial results likely would have been better but long term the simpleton scheme limitations would limit them just like it limited them when they ran it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read the post.

The new coaching staff has had about 5 minutes relative to what Garrett had.

Expecting the new staff to make anything better after a Covid off-season is unlikely. The defense could not stop the run going back to the 2018 season playoff game vs the Rams.

The players have not improved since then. They had Byron Jones and a 100% healthy LVE. Lee was playing.

The Joneses dumped Garrett and hired a Head Coach that has won a Super Bowl and that had no personal connections to Jerry.

It is not surprising that the defense might get worse before it gets better. The previous D-Coordinator just kept doing the same thing expecting different results.

The previous scheme had a fundamental flaw vs zone run blocking.

The new scheme does in theory resolve that problem but the players are not executing.

The new scheme is using concepts very similar to what Belichick used to shut sown the Rams running game in the 2018 season Super Bowl. The same Rams scheme that gained 275 yards rushing vs the Cowboys.

The main difference is that Belichick had players like LB Kyle Van Noy and the Cowboys have Jaylon Smith. Van Noy knows more about defense than many NFL coaches. Mentally he is in the Kuechly / Sean Lee range but he played in a more complex scheme than either of them. I said in the off-season that the Cowboys should target him in free agency because Nolan's scheme, based on my study of game footage, was very very similar to Belichick's scheme.

This upcoming off-season the Pats have several free agents on defense and they tend to let good players move on in free agency.
DL L.Guy would be a good addition.

In 2019 the Saints signed DT M.Brown away from the Pats for only 5M per. He is not a pass rusher but he is a brick wall in run defense.

DT Danny Shelton departed the Pats this season for 4M per. He also is not a pass rusher but he has Dontari Poe size but has been healthy and is only 27 years old; whereas, Poe is 30 and he was on IR for about the last half of 2019.

The biggest issue is that they moved from the most simplistic defensive scheme in the NFL to a modern complex scheme and did it during the Covid off-season with no pre-season games.

If they have moved from a complex scheme to a Marinelli type simpleton scheme the initial results likely would have been better but long term the simpleton scheme limitations would limit them just like it limited them when they ran it.
Ok...X, it’s a simple point I’m making, and you don’t have to agree. I just disagree that this fan base has any need for patience. All I’m saying is IMO, after 25 years of not even winning a divisional playoff game, patience is not something I think this fan base should be expected to exercise. Especially when it’s the same FO running the show that has given us the last qtr century. Just my opinion.

plymkr

Reaction score
Those are generalities. So right after Jerry approves the firing of the last coaching staff, the new one who he has no ties to, takes a job just to sit around their desk and be under prepared? Have you met football coaches? They are fanatical in their preparation.

And like players they know if MM fired them to save himself then they would be risking never getting a job again.

As for contracts and social media, that’s called censorship which is illegal.

These are all conspiracy theories that are unproven. Yes there’s been guys like Dez and Zeke that we know Jerry loves, but never seen a confirmed case of him allowing them not to do the work.

The reason the team is losing this year is the all pro OL is hurt and is the backup QB and they’ve started UDFA rookies at the tackle spots.

Defensively they were without 3 of the top 4 CBs against some of the best passing attacks in the league.

As for the Cleveland game, turnovers will kill you and there are players that are sulking. But that’s not because of Jerry. The Eagles are having the same problems the last 2 years. Is Lurie allowing the team not to work after winning a Super Bowl?

Are Jerry and Stephen the issue? YES.

But not because of this culture conspiracy nonsense. They aren’t hiring the right pro personnel guys and Stephen has not done a good job of creating contracts that will reflect future performance, with the exception of the OL. La’El got better after his contract last year.

Defensively, Jaylon has not been the same since signing and Tank hasn’t been as good either but more so due to injuries. Zeke is just a mental midget going back to his college days

Will McClay is really good in the draft. But signing FAs lately has been a bust.
You should really watch A Football Life with Troy Aikman. He says he retired because he didn't like the way the organization was going. It also shows him exploding on the sidelines ranting about Switzer and the lack of accountability. I'll let that speak for me.

What we're seeing right now with this team is how good Jerry is at being an owner. Jerry lucked his way into Tony Romo and Dak Prescott. Without the play of Romo and Dak the rest of the team is straight garbage. Romo and Dak have made a undisciplined, unprepared, and untalented team look average. Without Romo and Dak we are perennial 2-6 wins a season. Romo and Dak made Jerry looked good. Without them, well the results speak for themselves.

Jerry is a bad owner because the product he puts on the field is average to below average year after year. So however you want to enable Jerry it doesn't matter because the proof is on the field. He is the owner and has final say over everything "from socks to jocks" and this franchise has not produced a winner in 25 years. A quarter century is enough of a sample size to be able to say Jerry thoroughly sucks as an owner and is incapable of putting a winning team on the field.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
Explain to me what Jerry is doing that is causing the team to lose? He isn’t involved in day to day activities anymore. He just shows up around the time he needs to approve (not make) big decisions like firing Jason or approving the trade for Cooper. He’s the figurehead CEO you see at board meetings and special times of the year in a normal business.

the roster turnover was around 40 percent this year I believe.

the coaches are all new.

Jerry wasn’t even allowed to be around the team for 6 months during the lockdown.

What does Jerry have to do with Zeke fumbling 4 times on something he’s learned since pop Warner? Also something he’s never done to this extent in his career.

What does Jerry have to do with the OL all getting hurt, at the same rate half the other teams are also having injuries?

What does Jerry have to do with Worley not executing a basic Cover 3 assignment?

I doubt Worley, some random FA Jerry had probably never heard of before they signed him, is telling him it’s okay to not listen to the new staff or that he doesn’t need to watch film.

If you want to blame the FO, go after pro personnel.

Yes the structure here in Dallas is different. The GM job is basically 2 separate people. McClay does player personnel work and Stephen does contracts and probably is the one who decided to hire McCarthy based on how we only heard from Stephen in the offseason and McCarthy was anything but a splashy hire.

Stephen has a flaw of trying to play too much hardball and being like the Patriots. But he’s always been that way. He got into a fight with Jerry when Jerry signed Deion.

Ultimately the on field results are the problems of the players first and foremost and the staff second. Front office is third.

EXACTLY.......