Complete Drivel: PFT- Tuna's TO Silence Deafening....

lkelly

Reaction score
Did ProFootballTalk report that the deal wasn't done this morning?

I equate their "source that watched the press conference" to "let's ask an actor portraying Charles Darwin" on the Simpsons episode about the 3 eyed fish.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
DizzG said:
Sure Jones owns the team but no way would he sign TO if Parcells wasnt ready to handle it.

Parcells NEVER attends any press Confs..it means nothing that he wasnt there. If Parcells wasnt involved why was he meeting multiple times with Drew R? Even he said Parcells was involved with this as much as any coach he has seen

And DR should be believed why? Jones believed why? DR said there were several teams after TO, Jones turned right around and said the opposite all in a matter of minutes. They were stumbling all over themselves. It was really funny if you ask me.

Im a huge Paecells backer, IF he likes this signing lets just say I lost some respect.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
WOW remember Peerles Price and MW. Im sure there were others.
Jones still owns the team.

sure he owns them...but if Parcells is totally against something it wont happen

he makes every personnel decision here, or else he wouldnt have ever coached here in the first place

and there is no way he'd have let Jones cut Keyshawn and replace him with TO without his consent

David

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
sure he owns them...but if Parcells is totally against something it wont happen

he makes every personnel decision here, or else he wouldnt have ever coached here in the first place

and there is no way he'd have let Jones cut Keyshawn and replace him with TO without his consent

David

Parcells was against a few signings and they came anyway. They left just that fast but Jones has the last say. Dont fool your self.
Parcells didnt want to cut Key according to reports.

This is all Jones, the Boys will be headlines all season. Every reporter will be at the ranch waiting for the melt down.

Parcells hates press. He knows the circus this signing creates.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I dont think he's ever attended anyone's PC's other than his own when he meets with the press

David

Bingo.

Parcells hates the press and only deals with it when necessary.

During the season, press conferences are mandatory. They're not during the offseason.

And Parcells is not going to go to one if he doesn't have to.

A non-story.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
Parcells was against a few signings and they came anyway. They left just that fast but Jones has the last say. Dont fool your self.
Parcells didnt want to cut Key according to reports.

and you know this how exactly? have you had lots of conversations with Parcells about these topics?

David

Little Jr

Reaction score
Padd said:
Parcells treats everyone the same. Why should he show up for this player when he never has before? The minute you do that, you are treating TO differently and he will begin to challenge you and the organization. This analysis is extremely poor and I am disappointed because I do very much like to read PFT.

My point exactly.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I read on another board that a guy e-mailed PFT yesterday and told them about Parcells never showing up for PCs, (for that matter he doesn't even let first round picks have them, that's how averse he is to them), and then the guy told them their failure to investigate basic facts was one of the reasons they had no credibility with fans or others in the league.

The guy said Florio e-mailed him back and just said, "Kiss my a##."

Classy. Very classy. :D

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I havent seen him at any press conferences..and knowing him, he figured it would be a bad message to send to Owens if he made the exception for him. And I agree.

The thing that did make me cringe was when Owens referred to COACH Parcells as "Parcells"...I got a kick out of that.

Juke,
I agree that it would have been a bad idea for parcells to show up because it would have been so out of the norm for him. That would have sent the wrong message as if T.O. is going to be fawned over, coddled and babied by Parcells.

As for T.O.'s reference to Bill as "Parcells", that struck me, but then I remembered Bill saying many times he doesn't care what the players call him.

Parcells is an interesting coach. The things that would upset some coaches, who want to show their authority, don't bother Parcells.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
This why Parcells is a Super Bowl winning Head Coach and this guy just writes about Super Bowl winning coaches. Parcells knows how to handle players. This guy barley knows how to handle a pen.

DizzG

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
And DR should be believed why? Jones believed why? DR said there were several teams after TO, Jones turned right around and said the opposite all in a matter of minutes. They were stumbling all over themselves. It was really funny if you ask me.

Im a huge Paecells backer, IF he likes this signing lets just say I lost some respect.

So if Parcells wasnt involved what was he doing having lunch with Drew R just recently?

seriously..I cant believe anyone would honestly believe this is all Jones and Parcells wouldnt have been on board before this move was made

because profootball talk says it so doesnt mean its true. That site is a tabloid

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
jerry jones stated, flat-out and with emphasis, that he and parcells were on the same page regarding owens. and that neither he nor parcells did a sales job on the other.

i believe him, too.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Juke,
I agree that it would have been a bad idea for parcells to show up because it would have been so out of the norm for him. That would have sent the wrong message as if T.O. is going to be fawned over, coddled and babied by Parcells.

As for T.O.'s reference to Bill as "Parcells", that struck me, but then I remembered Bill saying many times he doesn't care what the players call him.

Parcells is an interesting coach. The things that would upset some coaches, who want to show their authority, don't bother Parcells.

Yep...what he said was, that players can call him what they want but they have to be willing to take it also...

montgod

Reaction score
DizzG said:
So if Parcells wasnt involved what was he doing having lunch with Drew R just recently?

seriously..I cant believe anyone would honestly believe this is all Jones and Parcells wouldnt have been on board before this move was made

because profootball talk says it so doesnt mean its true. That site is a tabloid

Exactly what I was thinking in regards to lunch with Rosenhaus.

Just another reporter trying to get on the "make any type of news up while TO is hot" bandwagon.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Mr. Jones made it a point to say Bill Parcells was a big part of wanting to sign T.O.

BP nevers says much to the media.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I dont see why people continue to go to that site and support it. Every hit he gets for writing blatant lies is more $$ in his pocket. He could care less if what he reports is accurate or not he is just trying to make money off the Cowboy fans that get riled up and the anti Cowboy trolls that eat up articles like that. Stop supporting pft the site is junk. You can find all the info their on the web if you look.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
This why Parcells is a Super Bowl winning Head Coach and this guy just writes about Super Bowl winning coaches. Parcells knows how to handle players. This guy barley knows how to handle a pen.
LOL.... good post!