Condo collapse in Surfside Florida

terra

Reaction score
as I always say to people in positions of power than contribute to the death of others (not talking about slanted opinions on people they are conditioned to hate), they need to be sent to prison for life, executed, or deported, their choice.

Since I was a kid I've always said it seems changes are always made after the fact when it comes to things that appear like common sense regarding some vulnerability or hazard. Whether it's a judge letting go of a lifelong criminal for the umpeenth time just for them to follow up with another armed robbery or murder or this case where it seems lots of people turned a blind eye and kept postponing the issue, regardless of the holdup. The person at the very top of this known issue that dragged this along is ultimately responsible and can't take back what happened. Need less of those people in this world, at the least remove and prevent them from every holding a similar position of responsibility in a job ever again.

I get not everyone is perfect, but I've seen exactly how inspectors or their higher ups tend to play dumb when it comes to more difficult tasks for bigger fixes. AT LEAST one person in this inspection process is guilty of these deaths - they should be done since they failed at being a decent human.

On a lighter note all those people in Florida are playing Russian roulette in that sinkhole state so....

It is the mentality of today: no one is really responsible; it is always someone else's fault.

I do agree that this needs a real investigation; they need to dig deep. What problems were reported; who those reports went to and what did they do. Or as is clear what did they NOT do.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This is probably one of the most terrifying things to think about. In your bed asleep and the next moment you're plummeting 10-12 stories to be crushed by the rubble.

4 dead at the moment, but 159 missing. I try to be an optimist, but I think many of the missing will be found to be dead.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Chances are, whomever was in the structure that was left standing is probably going to have serious issues as well. That building left standing probably got covered in dangerous and toxic dust. Basically, the 9/11 effect.

Not only that but think of the mental impact. Someone's bed probably had 1 leg off the ledge when it was over. Others heard people screaming as they fell. I told a friend that the building standing looked like Oklahoma City. Awful.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not only that but think of the mental impact. Someone's bed had 1 leg off the ledge when it was over. Others heard people screaming as they fell. I told a friend that the building standing looked like Oklahoma City. Awful.

Yeah, it's like being on the battle field. You see and hear things in the moment but your mind doesn't really fully process them. It's only later that you catch up with that stuff.

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm not claiming to know, but I can tell you my last boss's mother worked in the tower (got out safely), this lady and many others have reported multiple other explosions at lower levels which may or may not be related to the actual accident that happened way above. Doesn't mean it's something else, and lots of things are happening in this time, but it would be ignorant to compare these 2 situations.

I don't even know what to say if your first thought was to take a jab at "conspiracy theorists".
I'll take a jab at 911 truthers every chance I get.

Hardline

Reaction score
Reason number 1576 for not living in Florida (I can’t post the others due to forum guidelines)
I would move to Florida in a heartbeat if I ever left Texas.( I can't post why due to forum guidelines.)

triplets_93

Reaction score
A story that you'd expect to see on the cover of the National Enquirer.... or featured in a Twilight Zone episode.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A story that you'd expect to see on the cover of the National Enquirer.... or featured in a Twilight Zone episode.

That's got to be a horrible feeling, just wondering if they're actually calling, or if it's some type of issue with the phone line, and which would be better?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That's got to be a horrible feeling, just wondering if they're actually calling, or if it's some type of issue with the phone line, and which would be better?

Yeah, I think a glitch would be better. The alternative might look like a situation where the handset is crushed/broken and someone is actually dialing from a base station only to be never heard and never hear anything.