Conference realignment

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Living in the northeast id welcome it. I’ve had to listen to fans of the giants and eagles over the years as they’ve won Super Bowls.

All those years we constantly beat up on each other in the nfc east. Some of the nfc division were weaker than ours the last 20 years. It helps when your division sucks. Look at the pats.

Yes some rivalries are gone... but we can create new ones easily. I think cowboys-Texans would be great for football every year. From a logistical standpoint it works as well.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
A decade ago I would have never of entertained this, but the classic rivalries are just not the same. Is Cowboys/Commanders even a thing anymore? It used to be those were the two games I looked for as soon as the schedule was released, now its just another week. The giants were fun during the manning/romo years, but that rivaly has died down. Now it seems to be the eagles games are the big rivalries as those are the only two teams any good in the division.

I guess my point is it really doesn't matter in today's NFL and today's world. No one seems to care about the history. Players change teams with so much frequency. Rivalries today are based on recent history. You could easily mix up the divisions and gain the same hype over new rivalries.
No, the Commanders aren't a thing anymore.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
A decade ago I would have never of entertained this, but the classic rivalries are just not the same. Is Cowboys/Commanders even a thing anymore? It used to be those were the two games I looked for as soon as the schedule was released, now its just another week. The giants were fun during the manning/romo years, but that rivaly has died down. Now it seems to be the eagles games are the big rivalries as those are the only two teams any good in the division.

I guess my point is it really doesn't matter in today's NFL and today's world. No one seems to care about the history. Players change teams with so much frequency. Rivalries today are based on recent history. You could easily mix up the divisions and gain the same hype over new rivalries.
Correct. Tradition has been thrown out the window. I’d rather the team have a more favorable travel schedule to better climate locations.

Hardline

Reaction score
I 100% oppose reelinement
I want the iggles.giants and the Commanders twice a year.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Wouldn't happen in our division. Makes the NFL too much money

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I know this is not the year to mention it or even in the near future. But what happens if the NFL decides to expand the number of teams. Or even another team moves across the country in the NFC.

I love our rivals and our matches against the Eagles, "Washington", Giants, but how would you feel in swapping conferences with the the Panthers to put us in the South and them in the East. It would create a new dynamic and change up rivals for a while.

It is something to think about, however, I don't think the Cowboys vs. Saints/Falcons/Bucs have the same rivalry as the classics. It would definitely help with travel and location based rivalries. Personally I would love a 4 team add of foreign or new markets, and moving to a 3 divisions per league division setting. Works well with the new playoff format.

I am bored, just noticed an article on this recently and it had me thinking.
This has been tried historically a number of times but the NFCE won't change anytime soon.
Dallas playing in the NY TV market is ratings gold for the NFL.
Jerry keeps the team heading out to Cali to cement the LA market and stays in the NFCE to cement that coast.
Dallas is America's team for a reason.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Never. Can't buy tradition and it takes generations to create. Plus, there's money involved. Why in the world would the NFL trade 2 Cowboy-Philly/NYG games a year for Cowboys-Bucs? or Falcons?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I’m against change. I been watching our division rivalry for near 30 years. I’m used to it. And it helps I love on the east coast so I like having east coast divisional rivalry’s. It works out for my Viewing schedule

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
NFL is a league rooted in tradition and history. No way in hell this is happening.

I couldn't imagine what my life would be like not hating the Eagles or the Giants.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I know this is not the year to mention it or even in the near future. But what happens if the NFL decides to expand the number of teams. Or even another team moves across the country in the NFC.

I love our rivals and our matches against the Eagles, "Washington", Giants, but how would you feel in swapping conferences with the the Panthers to put us in the South and them in the East. It would create a new dynamic and change up rivals for a while.

It is something to think about, however, I don't think the Cowboys vs. Saints/Falcons/Bucs have the same rivalry as the classics. It would definitely help with travel and location based rivalries. Personally I would love a 4 team add of foreign or new markets, and moving to a 3 divisions per league division setting. Works well with the new playoff format.

When the league was last realigned to the current alignment, there were a couple of sportswriters that said the league should move the Cowboys out of the NFC East because of their relationship geographically. The league and the owners said that it would not be right to throw out 40 years of rivalries. I think it was Mara that said we don't travel by stagecoach anymore so that makes no difference where they are located. Your idea of helping on travel - how? The Cowboys would still leave the day before and spend the night before in a hotel so just how is that easier. Now one of your suggestions WOULD cause travel problems and that is your idea of having a new team in a foreign market. There are still large enough cities in this country to support an NFL team. Off the top of my head Oakland, St. Louis and San Diego for many many years had NFL teams and I'll bet they would love to get another team. I also fail to see how having just 3 divisions per conference would work better with the new format of just the top seed getting a bye the first week.. That leaves an even number of teams (6) that play so how does 3 divisions make that work better?

blueblood70

Reaction score

could use a facelift ie a renewed fresh feel to division games , new rivalries etc.. i would never had wanted this but times have changed and realigning for travel alone and getting teams closer to the actual regions they are in would be good..we are not an ESASTERN Team and never should have been there.. maybe we should have moved when AZ moved but in the next few years i can be ok with this..just a new feel ..we are going through so much change now , this wont be so bad at this time..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
AFC West: SF, Vegas, San Diego, Seattle, Las Vegas
AFC North: Minnesota, NYJets, Baltimore, Kansas City
AFC East: Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NYJets
AFC South: Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa Bay, Carolina

NFC East: Philly, Washington, NYGiants, New England
NFC South: Atlanta, New Orleans, Tennessee, Houston
NFC West: Dallas, Arizona, LARams, Denver
NFC North: Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit.Cincinnati

Crazy idea but a complete realignment. Also, allows Arizona to move to Mexico city. Baltimore to move to London, or NY jets to move to Toronto.

You realignment is ridiculous for the same reason as in your initial comment about the Cowboys traveling to the east coast. Lets start with your AFC North. Where you have Minnesota traveling to the east coast for games with the ravens and jets when in their current division of the NFC North their longest road trip in the division is to Detroit. Next your NFL North where Chicago and Detroit maybe closer to the bengals but Green Bay which is in the middle of the current NFC North would have to travel further for that bengal game.

Finally your insistence of a foreign team team. Maybe you haven't been following along but every time that has been discussed by the owners it never passes because of the problem every team on that foreign team's home schedule that would have to travel to that foreign destination and then have a game the following week. Yes they can give those teams a bye week but then that foreign team has road games and they can't get a bye after every one of their road games. The NFL would love to increase their revenue by having a foreign team it's just they can't figure out the problem of weekly travel that's fair for everyone. The games played in foreign countries works for single games because being able to also schedule bye weeks for those teams. I'll also use what Dan Snyder says, there are enough untapped cities in this country to use before putting a team in a foreign country.

HanD

Reaction score
2020-NFL-Map.png

unchanged:
AFCW - Den, LV, LaC, KC
NFCW - Sea, SF, laR, Arz
NFCN - GB, Min, Det, Chi
changed:
AFCN - Ind, Cle, Buf, Cin
AFCE - NE, NYJ, Bal, Pit
NFCE - Phi, Was, NYG, Car
AFCS - TB, Mia, Jac, Ten
NFCS - NO, Dal, Hou, Atl

getting bal and was in the same division would be fun.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I already went through the last one

fivetwos

Reaction score
This has been tried historically a number of times but the NFCE won't change anytime soon.
Dallas playing in the NY TV market is ratings gold for the NFL.
Jerry keeps the team heading out to Cali to cement the LA market and stays in the NFCE to cement that coast.
Dallas is America's team for a reason.
I agree on this.

I recall Jerry speaking on this several years ago, and he likes the current rivalries.

I wouldnt expect it to change anytime soon, or really ever.

In as much as Jerry cant be a good NFL GM, he is an extraordinary businessman, and knows exactly what he has as far as these Northeast rivals.

He isnt going to run to Falcons/Saints as a consolation anytime soon.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It would make it harder for people in the Northeast to see Dallas play. As it stands, we're guaranteed to have them play in NJ at least once a year.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Living up here in Eagle country, most of their fans feel the same about Dallas. They really like the rivalry with us. Unlike us, they will also always have the natural rivalry with the Giants, as it is part of the New York-Philly dynamic with all the sports teams between those two cities. Most up here don't give two poops about Washington.

cowboyec

Reaction score
put the washington platapuses in the nfc west and give the east back the cardinals.
ipso-fatso...solved.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
AFC West: SF, Vegas, San Diego, Seattle, Las Vegas
AFC North: Minnesota, NYJets, Baltimore, Kansas City
AFC East: Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NYJets
AFC South: Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa Bay, Carolina

NFC East: Philly, Washington, NYGiants, New England
NFC South: Atlanta, New Orleans, Tennessee, Houston
NFC West: Dallas, Arizona, LARams, Denver
NFC North: Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit.Cincinnati

Crazy idea but a complete realignment. Also, allows Arizona to move to Mexico city. Baltimore to move to London, or NY jets to move to Toronto.

The Jets are going to be busy

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I remember when Dallas was in the East and Atlanta was in the West. The Houston Oilers were in the same division as the Steelers, Browns, and Bengals.

Geography had little to do with it.