Confidence or Hope?

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
The most important thing the the Jones’s isn’t winning. It’s participating in the process. Their money gives them confidence in a field they don’t commit to like someone who earns much, much less. Like a scout.

Their hubris along with their ill founded confidence is so destructive. I remember when Jimmy Johnson left thinking we would never see another Super Bowl appearance in my lifetime. I was wrong, of course, but the thinking was right.

I have neither confidence, nor hope. But I’ve loved the Cowboys my whole life and I watched my first Cowboys game around 1970, but I don’t have a second favorite team. I watch because I love NFL football. I don’t buy merchandise, and I don’t go to games. I will when, if, they sell the team.

Sorry to be a bummer.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's been far too long since we had a legit SB contending team to be confident. I'm smart enough to know this is just hope but it feels good nonetheless for a change. The last couple of seasons have been a gut punch to my Cowboy fan ego.

conner01

Reaction score
The last quarter century has been hard on us long time Cowboys fans. Year after year, hoping for some kind of change that translates into at the very least a deep playoff run keeps me and many others hanging on.

So it raises a question- Do you have confidence this team can change its fortunes or do you just have hope?

When I watched that clown show of a war room last night, I was reminded once again as a Cowboys fan that HOPE is all I have. I HOPE someday we return to past glory. I HOPE we can improve from mediocrity or worse. I HOPE this front office has learned from its seemingly endless past mistakes. I HOPE this offseason brings an influx of talent and upgrade. I HOPE.

Am I CONFIDENT we are headed in the right direction? No. My brother-in-law is a huge fan of the Broncos. Was talking with him yesterday and he was clearly confident in his team’s ability to re-tool. I thought, “I wish I had some of that confidence.” At least I still have HOPE.

As a Cowboys fan at this point, all I can do is HOPE.
We missed a very rare opportunity to reset our roster with the draft ammo we had this year
A top half first round pick, 3 picks in 3rd, 2 in fourth
That should have gotten us 5 really goid players if you used it right
I hope it works out but I’m not confident we really improved more than a couple of spots

conner01

Reaction score
It's been far too long since we had a legit SB contending team to be confident. I'm smart enough to know this is just hope but it feels good nonetheless for a change. The last couple of seasons have been a gut punch to my Cowboy fan ego.
Make that lemonade lol
I’m always excited after a draft
New hope
I was more excited coming into this draft than usual
Lots of ammo to get really good prospects
It’s very rare to have the quality of picks we had
I just don’t see how we really took advantage of the draft ammo we had
I don’t get bent out of shape when they don’t pick my guy
I realize they spend much more time and resources on this
But I fell like we could have added 5 really good prospects with the ammo we had and I just don’t feel we added more good prospects than we could have got with just the standard 7 picks
I hope I’m wrong
Many I see some ray of hope that they are the types of player who play hard every single play and have some talent and could develop
But I think our strategy of letting the draft come to us is better suited for a draft you have the normal 7 picks
I felt this draft with this ammo you go get 5 real good prospects and I think we missed a rare opportunity that could have really helped this team
Not only helped the talent but the cap

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Make that lemonade lol
I’m always excited after a draft
New hope
I was more excited coming into this draft than usual
Lots of ammo to get really good prospects
It’s very rare to have the quality of picks we had
I just don’t see how we really took advantage of the draft ammo we had
I don’t get bent out of shape when they don’t pick my guy
I realize they spend much more time and resources on this
But I fell like we could have added 5 really good prospects with the ammo we had and I just don’t feel we added more good prospects than we could have got with just the standard 7 picks
I hope I’m wrong
Many I see some ray of hope that they are the types of player who play hard every single play and have some talent and could develop
But I think our strategy of letting the draft come to us is better suited for a draft you have the normal 7 picks
I felt this draft with this ammo you go get 5 real good prospects and I think we missed a rare opportunity that could have really helped this team
Not only helped the talent but the cap
Back in the good ole days when ammo was expendable, I recall having fun by just putting a ton of lead downrange and being thrilled when a handful of rounds hit the target. Is that what the Cowboys are doing this year? A handful of hits on target could change the fortunes of the franchise.

Hardline

Reaction score
My eternal hope resides in Jethro’s passing. I’m fairly certain Son and the Siblings won’t operate in the same exact manner.

They will at least be held more accountable to each other.
That's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Seth5545

Reaction score
The franchise is doomed for eternity. I think we'll be lucky in the end to have 1 starter from this draft group. I'm not sure how you waste draft capital as they did.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Not at all. Stephen won’t own majority . His siblings cumulatively will own majority . So, Stephen will be held accountable to them.

This will be a completely different scenario than Daddy has with full ownership and no accountability.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
dang, not sure how long you have been a "fan" but it sure did take you a long time to figure this out. We couldn't win if they were only two teams in the whole league.
Depends on who the other team was. I’d certainly like our chances more.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The last quarter century has been hard on us long time Cowboys fans. Year after year, hoping for some kind of change that translates into at the very least a deep playoff run keeps me and many others hanging on.

So it raises a question- Do you have confidence this team can change its fortunes or do you just have hope?

When I watched that clown show of a war room last night, I was reminded once again as a Cowboys fan that HOPE is all I have. I HOPE someday we return to past glory. I HOPE we can improve from mediocrity or worse. I HOPE this front office has learned from its seemingly endless past mistakes. I HOPE this offseason brings an influx of talent and upgrade. I HOPE.

Am I CONFIDENT we are headed in the right direction? No. My brother-in-law is a huge fan of the Broncos. Was talking with him yesterday and he was clearly confident in his team’s ability to re-tool. I thought, “I wish I had some of that confidence.” At least I still have HOPE.

I'm feeling a combo of hope and confident. With the defencive players we've been taking, I'm confident our defence will be LOTS better than last year. I'm HOPEFUL that it'll translate into a deep playoff run.

Hardline

Reaction score
Not at all. Stephen won’t own majority . His siblings cumulatively will own majority . So, Stephen will be held accountable to them.

This will be a completely different scenario than Daddy has with full ownership and no accountability.
What makes you think his siblings are anymore competent as Stephan?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What makes you think his siblings are anymore competent as Stephan?
I don’t . But that’s not my point.

Daddy doesn’t share Ownership and doesn’t answer to anyone.

Siblings will be different . There will be accountability to each other .

And why there’s hope they’ll hire someone who will be held accountable to all of them.

Reaction score

Hope will fade and the angry mob will demand another coach lose his job, the appearance of change will appease them. Rinse, repeat, enjoy the new normal.

conner01

Reaction score
Back in the good ole days when ammo was expendable, I recall having fun by just putting a ton of lead downrange and being thrilled when a handful of rounds hit the target. Is that what the Cowboys are doing this year? A handful of hits on target could change the fortunes of the franchise.
Now you have to take out a second mortgage to go to the range lol
I guess that’s the strategy for jerry

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The FO is just good enough to get a few hits here and there and get lucky once in a while to keep your hopes from completely fading away. But the chances of these bozos actually putting together a SB roster is 100-1.

An A+ draft was just sitting there right in front of them for the taking and they blew it. Wound up with a B- on a good day. They could have laid the foundation for a great young defense going forward this weekend and they blew it.