Conflict with Sunday's Game

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't missed a game since I was a fourth grader in 1975. Sunday is Christmas Eve and my wife's family is celebrating Mass at 5pm, which means I would have to leave my house at 4! So, miss 3/4 of the game or tell the wife and daughter they are on their own! My wife already told me she understood, but I feel like if I don't go to Mass, the Cowboys will be jinxed and lose!!!!!!! What to do? I think I'll drink on it! What would you do?

Reaction score
I haven't missed a game since I was a fourth grader in 1975. Sunday is Christmas Eve and my wife's family is celebrating Mass at 5pm, which means I would have to leave my house at 4! So, miss 3/4 of the game or tell the wife and daughter they are on their own! My wife already told me she understood, but I feel like if I don't go to Mass, the Cowboys will be jinxed and lose!!!!!!! What to do? I think I'll drink on it! What would you do?
You can go to church and pray for a win!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's a good wife...
I, personally, would go and take @Direwolf63 's advice.

But definitely drink on it and drink a lot... right before walking into church- that usually makes it more fun for me, anyways.

Except for getting berated afterwards about my abhorrent behavior and why, exactly, did I have to draw faces in every bible within reach? And where did I get that mark a lot?
Good thing: I generally forget being berated pretty quickly.

Praxit

Reaction score
..lol.. I have to admit, this is funny. But how bout just tapping it? *DVR* ..everyone has one nowadays. As for the jinxed thing. Dont kill yourself..hehe.. What fate has in store, .. is written in stone. ;)..

Corso

Reaction score
..lol.. I have to admit, this is funny. But how bout just tapping it? *DVR* ..everyone has one nowadays. As for the jinxed thing. Dont kill yourself..hehe.. What fate has in store, .. is written in stone. ;)..
Whoever you are- I like reading you. And your avi's suitably disturbing.

Corso

Reaction score
My older brother is a priest in Rome, he just told me, "If your mind is on the game, stay home and watch. I got your back with the big guy". I told him to have an extra glass of wine, on me!
Wow... you have proper representation then.
If only my bro was a part of the Vatican...

I could have gotten some things DONE!

Corso

Reaction score
Yeah, it's cool what he's accomplished. Written 9 books and speaks 7 languages. I'm amazed we're related!! Lol
9 books? 9 books on religious teaching?
7 languages? I can barely handle 4! It's hilarious when I get confused and start speaking French to a Mexican family member like it's nothing and they look at me like I'm playing a joke.
Which I usually am, so I deserve it...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9 books? 9 books on religious teaching?
7 languages? I can barely handle 4! It's hilarious when I get confused and start speaking French to a Mexican family member like it's nothing and they look at me like I'm playing a joke.
Which I usually am, so I deserve it...
One is about Hispanic traditions, like tamales on Christmas. Lol! The rest are all religious studies. He is a director at the Pontifical University.