Congrats to Buckeyes fans

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile;1169597 said:
Watched the game in my hotel room. What a fantastic game. I enjoyed it from 1st snap to final gun and the post game stuff too.

I am seriously considering trying to go the the Fiesta Bowl to watch this team live. The only problem is getting tickets.

Hey JackRussell, Tedd Ginn was sick on that catch and spin move. I still think Calvin Johnson is the best WR in college but OSU impressed today.

Concord Cowboy, Smith earned the Heisman today for sure. I've thought he was the front runner all season once Adrian Peterson went down. I hope my fears of him being 5'10" are unrealized. It would be a shame for NFL teams to shy away form him for that. Kid can play. I still say BQ s the best QB for the NFL game in this group.

rcowboysfan, class move congratulating the Buckeys like this. They deserve it. My condolences to the Wolverines fans on losing Bo.

Yep he needed this game for the Heisman and I really think he won it today.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
great game. hats off to both teams. the 2 star wrs didn't impress me. mario had a drop that hit him right in his chest and ginn dropped 2 that hit him in the hands. but it was a great game

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
I don;t give a frick if Troy Smith is a 1rst round NFL QB.

I don't give a frick if he plays in the NFL.

I'm a Buckeye fan...and he's led this team to 20 straight wins....a Big Ten championship, a Heismann trophy....and a possible(cough cough) BCS championship.

Say what you want....I got what I want. The rest of you can make excuses as to why (pick your team) Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Notre Dame, USC, or Rutgers isn't number one. I've seen them all.

Own up to it if you have the guts. Give the kudos(like Nostra and the others) if you have the CLASS.

There weren;t Buckeye fans in here giving you grief on your last minute win against USC last year. There were no Buckeye fans in here making excuses in texas beating OSU last year.

It is what is is. Live with it.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1169569 said:
I hear Al Davis swore off all ND qbs after that one year Mirer was there.

There's probably some truth to that. Rick Mirer did just enough damage to cause any NFL GM that considered drafting him to swear off from that university for a long time.

Of course, one has to wonder about how Davis might feel about Robert Gallery's school as well.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
jackrussell;1169612 said:

I'm a Buckeye fan...and he's led this team to 20 straight wins....a Big Ten championship, a Heismann trophy....and a possible(cough cough) BCS championship.

Say what you want....I got what I want. The rest of you can make excuses as to why (pick your team) Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Notre Dame, USC, or Rutgers isn't number one. I've seen them all.

Own up to it if you have the guts. Give the kudos(like Nostra and the others) if you have the CLASS.

There weren;t Buckeye fans in here giving you grief on your last minute win against USC last year. There were no Buckeye fans in here making excuses in texas beating OSU last year.

Ive owned up to it, Im a huge Michigan fan, but we dont have anything for Smith. The guy is simply amazing. I hate the Bucks, and I cant wait to feast on the sophomore for breakfast, lunch and dinner next year in Ann Arbor.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1169589 said:
Too. Much. Information.

Isn't this thread a riot?

You'd think it'd be Michigan fans all sour and bitter tonite, not ND.

Hey WG, Smith is a qb who has made a tremendous amount of progress while at OSU..he was about the rawest of the raw when he started out, in ball handling, mechanics, game managment, accuracy, poise..he always had top big school recruit 'tangibles' or he wouldn't have been there, but I'm not exaggerating when I say even in his sophomore year if you had mentioned 'Heisman' OR "NFL" in the same breath as Troy Smith, you'd get laughed at.

He turned out to be a precocious student of the game...what's exciting about him is you know he can be much more than he showed in school..his learning curve was elite, and nowhere near finished.

He's got the same set of intangibles we are currently lauding Romo for...QB I&I galore.

I really think he's got more potential than Quinn, who is indeed accurate and pro material. Smith's got something special about him tho...some leadership attribute that's really compellling.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1169615 said:

Hey WG, Smith is a qb who has made a tremendous amount of progress while at OSU..he was about the rawest of the raw when he started out, in ball handling, mechanics, game managment, accuracy, poise..he always had top big school recruit 'tangibles' or he wouldn't have been there, but I'm not exaggerating when I say even in his sophomore year if you had mentioned 'Heisman' OR "NFL" in the same breath as Troy Smith, you'd get laughed at.

He turned out to be a precocious student of the game...what's exciting about him is you know he can be much more than he showed in school..his learning curve was elite, and nowhere near finished.

He's got the same set of intangibles we are currently lauding Romo for...QB I&I galore.

I really think he's got more potential than Quinn, who is indeed accurate and pro material. Smith's got something special about him tho...some leadership attribute that's really compellling.

Im surprisingly OK with losing to OSU. They are #1 for a reason. Great team, great coaches, awesome all around.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
jackrussell;1169612 said:

Jack...Don't worry about it!

WE WON.. That's all that matters!:D

GO BUCKS!

baj1dallas

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1169468 said:
I totally agree.

Like Herbstriet said, he is like Drew Brees. He is not the tallest guy, but he has probably the best head for the game in college FB, the accuracy, the arm strength to make it as a pro. He is simply AWESOME. A playmaker since he started playing on the big stage.

Actually he reminds me of Romo, he has just as quick a release.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

No kidding. My gosh. What did I stumble into?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Draegerman;1169613 said:
There's probably some truth to that. Rick Mirer did just enough damage to cause any NFL GM that considered drafting him to swear off from that university for a long time.

Of course, one has to wonder about how Davis might feel about Robert Gallery's school as well.

I think it's more ND's refusal to play a greater number of quality opponents that is really going to hurt Quinn. Cripe, they even wuss off playing my Eagles now.

:lmao:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1169621 said:
I think it's more ND's refusal to play a greater number of quality opponents that is really going to hurt Quinn. Cripe, they even wuss off playing my Eagles now.

:lmao:

But diddnt you know Army, Air Force and Navy are good teams?

burmafrd/off.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1169614 said:
Ive owned up to it, Im a huge Michigan fan, but we dont have anything for Smith. The guy is simply amazing. I hate the Bucks, and I cant wait to feast on the sophomore for breakfast, lunch and dinner next year in Ann Arbor.

Yes you did own up to it and gave Ohio St and Smith Props.:thankyou:

And I hope you're wrong about next year!:D

jackrussell

Reaction score
Hostile;1169597 said:
Hey JackRussell, Tedd Ginn was sick on that catch and spin move. I still think Calvin Johnson is the best WR in college but OSU impressed today.

I agree 100% about Calvin Johnson.

That guy is lights out.

I'm thinking more of our (hopefully) draft position.

Bottom 3rd of the draft....Ginn could solve our 3rd WR(or Terry glenn replacement)...KR....PR....emergcency QB.......nickel CB position.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score

I agree with everything..But especially the bolded part.:D

jackrussell

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1169614 said:

I get ya JSNTTO.

I was speaking more to the village idiot.

I must be sobering up....I'm spelling correctly agsain.

Maybe not.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Hostile;1169597 said:
Watched the game in my hotel room. What a fantastic game. I enjoyed it from 1st snap to final gun and the post game stuff too.

Hey Hos, there's an ugly rumor that I've been circulating...err...I mean, that's been circulating around our message board that you're sharing your room with a kicker.

Now don't misunderstand what I'm saying, because there's absolutely nothing wrong with that - I just want to know if he's at least splitting the bill with you. That's all, I swear. :p:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1169631 said:
[/b]

I agree with everything..But especsially the bolded part.:D

If this guy wasnt a Buck, he would be my favorite player. I love the way he was *****ing at his offense, like mediocrity wasnt acceptable, after that early Michigan TD to start the second half.

borat_narrowweb__300x495,0.jpg

He has big hram.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1169623 said:
But diddnt you know Army, Air Force and Navy are good teams?

burmafrd/off.

I can't speak to how competitive the service academies are this year.

I do hope ND keeps them all on their schedule tho, in alternate years, as the traditions are more important than the win-loss record.

What bothers me is ND taking off their schedule a team that also had a long history wih it - the Eagles. And I ain't buying it was because BC players trashed any locker room.

It was because we were ruining their BCS dreams for too many years running.

The teams they can crush get their tradition respected, the teams they can't beat get taken off their schedule.