Congratulations to CowboysZone! 5,000 members registered!

Skins26

Reaction score
Congrats!

(Only 41000 members to go!
Extremeskins - Members: 46,523 :D)

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Skins26 said:
Congrats!

Right, but about 45,000 of those are only registered to see Bang's work or have been banned for having intelligence.

ES may have slightly more "regular" posters, but this site is very comparable when you look at users on-line at any given time.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Skins26 said:
Congrats!

Is it true you give away free beer over there ?

I'm outta here guys !

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Right, but about 45,000 of those are only registered to see Bang's work or have been banned for having intelligence.

ES may have slightly more "regular" posters, but this site is very comparable when you look at users on-line at any given time.

Furthermore, take a look at their members listings. Probably over half have no posts whatsoever. That is either a large abundance of lurkers or the simple result of being in existence longer than any other board.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Skins26 said:
Congrats!

I've gone and read over there a decent bit. The thing about that many members is that you hardly ever know anyone posting in any given thread. You do see a few regulars... bubba and his 123,322,653 posts for example... but for the most part the thread is full of people you just don't know.

I get a real strong feeling from the regulars over there that they definatley don't like the influx of new people. They almost look down on them if they haven't been there for a few years. In threads where the regulars are posting, they pretty much ignore the new people and simply talk amongst themselves... all of the long timers that is.

The point is: Extreme Skins regulars might be proud of the large number of members to their site... but they definately don't like that many members when it comes to actually enjoying the forum.

That many people belonging to a forum, just isn't practical and causes WAY too many new and repetative posts. A good thread can work it's way off of the front page in just a matter of minuets.

Frankly, I'll take the 5000 folks here and be very glad we don't have an additional 41000 high schoolers here starting new threads on T.O. or how Parcells is too conservative... we already have enough of those.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Alexander said:
the simple result of being in existence longer than any other board.

When they became the team's "official" board... they had a tremendous influx of people joining. The link to ES from the teams "official" site being in large part responsible.

Unfortunatley for the good, long-time posters at ES... almost all of those are young punks who just joined and don't fully understand the **** moderation and expectations that the old members have come to expect and enjoy.

That's why you see the front page full of "Merged" threads... because about two dozen guys just created threads on the same subject, lol.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO Hos hit the most important thing to show the difference.

If you look at the most members online at one time stat here...and then go to extreme skins and look at there number.

Now compare the number of posters here...to the number of posters listed at es...it should tell you all you need to know.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Happy birthday, happy hanukkah, happy anniversary, and everything else!!

:beer2:

I'm sure there are some other good Cowboys sites out there, but this one is addictive enough to keep me leashed. :cool:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Happy birthday, happy hanukkah, happy anniversary, and everything else!!

:beer2:

I'm sure there are some other good Cowboys sites out there, but this one is addictive enough to keep me leashed. :cool:

Why is Festivus always lumped in there with "everything else"... :rolleyes:

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Why is Festivus always lumped in there with "everything else"... :rolleyes:

I know, no respect for Festivus. Maybe that'll change this year, for the "feats of strength", I heard that you and BP were jello wrestling.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski said:
I know, no respect for Festivus. Maybe that'll change this year, for the "feats of strength", I heard that you and BP were jello wrestling.

He is pretty good...but I am short and fat therefore have a better center of gravity.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
IMO Hos hit the most important thing to show the difference.

If you look at the most members online at one time stat here...and then go to extreme skins and look at there number.

Now compare the number of posters here...to the number of posters listed at es...it should tell you all you need to know.

Dividing most online by total members give you:

Zone: 753 / 5007 = 15.0% of the membership online at the same time.

ES: 1154 / 46524 = 2.5% of the membership online at the same time.

Its pretty clear that our membership here is a lot more active within our community than the ES members are within theirs.

That should be a pretty accurate representation too. The one caveat being that when our 753 were online, our membership was less than the 5007 that it is now... although not significantly so.

The same thing goes for ES, but again, not significantly so. The difference should be so small as to change the outcome very, very little.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Assume I'm blond for a sec and didnt' get that. :eek::

Nevermind. God bless Wikipedia. It had its own entry. LOL I think I missed a few Seinfeld episodes. :)

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Dividing most online by total members give you:

Zone: 753 / 5007 = 15.0% of the membership online at the same time.

ES: 1154 / 46524 = 2.5% of the membership online at the same time.

Its pretty clear that our membership here is a lot more active within our community than the ES members are within theirs.

That should be a pretty accurate representation too. The one caveat being that when our 753 were online, our membership was less than the 5007 that it is now... although not significantly so.

The same thing goes for ES, but again, not significantly so. The difference should be so small as to change the outcome very, very little.

Right now ES has 324 people online. 201 members 123 guests.

This place has 246. 169 members 77 guests.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski said:
Right now ES has 324 people online. 201 members 123 guests.

This place has 246. 169 members 77 guests.
Two things to keep in mind .. The Commanders are in EST which means that the bulk of their fans were already on their lunch break when you posted this which means more users online. The other thing is that ES has the backing of (since it is owned by) the official Washington Commanders site.

Personally, I'm quite happy with the traffic levels here :) It's rare that Cowboys news ever slips by this site which as a fan is the most important thing to me.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
Reality said:
....When I first put TheCowboys.org and later TheCowboys.net online, I never imagined or dreamed that it would grow as popular as it has......
I would like to personally congratulate everyone here for making CowboysZone into a great place for Cowboys discussions, debates, rumors and news!

-Reality

i would just like to thank you for your foresight and dedication to keeping and maintaining this place. your efforts and that of all the mods and posters
are appreciated. thank ya'll.

Skins26

Reaction score
Extremeskins has had two major growth spurts in the past couple of years. When Bang hosted his toons and when we became the official site.
But...even before all that we were still one of the largest fan message boards around. I believe only the Saints and (I forget who else) had larger ones.
And definately one of the most active (about 500,000 posts per year)