Congratulations Washington!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles are going to fall off a bit. In fact, I think they're the team to beat in the NFC East.

I have to disagree sarge....the eagles barely won the division with Foles playing at a ridiculous level...that can't be expected to repeat itself....they still have holes as well

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I just don't get why the NFL refuses to schedule Dallas a homegame Week 17. What is this now 6 of the last 9 seasons with a Week17 roadgame?

in the last 15 years, for week 17 Dallas had:

11 road games
4 home games

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think right now you have to think the Eagles are the team to beat in the East. There isn't any real reason, at this point, to think otherwise. Unless people really think what the Giants have picked up on defense is significant enough to help them over come poor play by Eli, should he continue to play like he did last year.

Venger

Reaction score
Jesus people, we get 8 at home, and 8 on the road, every year like everyone else. Having the last game on the road means we have had a home-game advantage earlier than our opponent.

Cowboys fans whining about the schedule need to be extra thankful every Thanksgiving...

dstovall5

Reaction score
If Tony is playing in that game we will be fine.

1119450d1371135820-looking-something-sophisticated-g9pepl.jpg

bysbox1

Reaction score
At least its not a primetime game...

I'd imagine the skins will be eliminated by then anyways.

And with the way our schedule and defensive line looks, we may be eliminated by that game too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
in the last 15 years, for week 17 Dallas had:

11 road games
4 home games

That seems unfair, but remember, if they had won some of the questionable home games they prior to week 17, it wouldn't matter if the last week was a road game. If we're tied with a home team after 16, it means that home team had the small advantage of matching our record after playing all of their road games already. It's not really unfair to Dallas, it's just that we weren't able to position ourselves better in the weeks prior.

links18

Reaction score
That seems unfair, but remember, if they had won some of the questionable home games they prior to week 17, it wouldn't matter if the last week was a road game. If we're tied with a home team after 16, it means that home team had the small advantage of matching our record after playing all of their road games already. It's not really unfair to Dallas, it's just that we weren't able to position ourselves better in the weeks prior.

This is true, but it doesn't account for all the intangibles of an end of the season, win and your in scenario. Its always better to be at home in those circumstances, isn't it?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is true, but it doesn't account for all the intangibles of an end of the season, win and your in scenario. Its always better to be at home in those circumstances, isn't it?

Of course. But better yet would be to be playing on the road with a one game advantage and the tie breaker in our back pocket. Get it done at home, and the away week 17 games aren't so likely to be season-deciders.

I like the week 17 all-or-nothing games, though. I wish we didn't have to play them, and obviously wish we didn't keep losing them, but win-or-go-home is always fun to watch.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Bad luck always playing that game on the road.
Then last year, when they do get a home game, the QB is out.
sux

Venger

Reaction score
What benefit do we have over the Eagles? go ask them and come back when you have a response.

Are you that daft? You honestly have no idea what advantage a home team has during a short week? Somewhere there a ball pit missing a special needs kid...

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Are you that daft? You honestly have no idea what advantage a home team has during a short week? Somewhere there a ball pit missing a special needs kid...

The Eagles play on the East Coast Sunday at noon.

We play on the East Coast Sunday at 8pm.

Using the current CBA rules as a guideline, explain to me what advantage we have on this short week.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
While I wait for the super genius Venger to explain this huge benefit to me, I’ll point out to everyone else that not all games are equal.

We have a huge division road game against the Giants. Whereas the Eagles have a home non-conference game…not even close to the same importance when deciding playoff seeding. So not only do they have more time to recover for the game, they could decide to spend more time preparing for a division game.

But apparently we are at a huge advantage and anybody that doesn’t see it needs to wipe the drool.

Or maybe Venger isn’t that bright after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.