congresswoman gabrielle giffords shot in tucson

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;3790798 said:
We do have the death penalty here.

It needs an express lane. If the crime is indisputable, there is no reason for it to not happen within a weeks time.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I told my wife we need to take flowers to the scene tonight. This is disgusting.

rkell87

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3790809 said:
Im hearing shes alive
she is, we are getting texts from the family, they will let us know when she is out of surgery

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Disgusting, senseless and pathetic. I am probably the most political person you would ever meet, but there is no reason to act in this way. She was elected to serve and if this is indeed politically motivated, it is another black day in American politics.

Either way, this is just completely sad and disgusting.

My prayers to the family.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Sad to say if the bullet got to the brain she might not really be alive.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
This is bad. Really, really bad. My prayers go out to her and her family. She seems like an excellent woman who was just serving her country the way she thought was right.

I am all for standing up to our elected officials, but violence should never be the answer in our country.

The sad thing is that if this kid that shot her is tied to any right-wing movement of anysort, the Tea Party is going to be held responsible.

If I remember correctly - Sarah Palin had a section on her website back in March dedicated to 'targeting' blue-dog dems who she wanted the Tea Party to vote out of office. IF Giffords is on that list, the **** is going to hit the fan.

EDIT: http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmem...ify-dems-who-voted-for-health-care-reform.php She was.

EDIT again: I know that Palin isn't advocating for the execution of politicians, and I'm not inferring it. If this shooting was politically motivated, this will definitively play a role in the investigation. I just remember the backlash she got by posting this map, and now that an act of violence has happened on someone that the right has already targeted in recent elections, the mainstream media pundits on the left are going to take it and run with it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Supposedly she was tough on immigration; so its kind of doubtful that someone on here tried to blame the tea party for is correct.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3790813 said:
Disgusting, senseless and pathetic. I am probably the most political person you would ever meet, but there is no reason to act in this way. She was elected to serve and if this is indeed politically motivated, it is another black day in American politics.

Either way, this is just completely sad and disgusting.

My prayers to the family.
Danny White, a member of this site was in Tucson campaigning against her several years ago. It is where I met him. She won that election.

I cannot stress this enough, she was a Moderate in recent years. In fact after her narrow win in November she said she felt a need to listen to the people.

This lady is one of the good people in Office in this state. I would take her over my Rep in District 7 any day of the week.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
xout;3790827 said:
This is bad. Really, really bad. My prayers go out to her and her family. She seems like an excellent woman who was just serving her country the way she thought was right.

I am all for standing up to our elected officials, but violence should never be the answer in our country.

The sad thing is that if this kid that shot her is tied to any right-wing movement of anysort, the Tea Party is going to be held responsible.

If I remember correctly - Sarah Palin had a section on her website back in March dedicated to 'targeting' blue-dog dems who she wanted the Tea Party to vote out of office. IF Giffords is on that list, the **** is going to hit the fan.

EDIT: http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmem...ify-dems-who-voted-for-health-care-reform.php She was.

EDIT again: I know that Palin isn't advocating for the execution of politicians, and I'm not inferring it. I just remember the backlash she got by posting this map, and now that an act of violence has happened on someone that the right has already targeted in recent elections, the mainstream media pundits on the left are going to take it and run with it.

And if so, those that would lay this claim would be the worst kind of people. Also, she was against illegal immigration as well. So, would those same people hold Illegal immigrants culpable?

I'm not saying you are, just reacting to your supposition. BTW, I do think you are right, there will be kooks that will try to make this a political issue.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3790834 said:
And if so, those that would lay this claim would be the worst kind of people. Also, she was against illegal immigration as well. So, would those same people hold Illegal immigrants culpable?

I'm not saying you are, just reacting to your supposition. BTW, I do think you are right, there will be kooks that will try to make this a political issue.

It it can't be spun as a political issue, it will be spun as a gun issue. Just wait.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Police are looking for a possible second suspect.
EDIT: Just reported 19 people shot. Hard to fathom one person doing this much damage in a public place considering that the suspect in custody was subdued by people in the crowd.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone on her staff or in the crowd videotaped this thing.

rkell87

Reaction score
Hostile;3790833 said:
Danny White, a member of this site was in Tucson campaigning against her several years ago. It is where I met him. She won that election.

I cannot stress this enough, she was a Moderate in recent years. In fact after her narrow win in November she said she felt a need to listen to the people.

This lady is one of the good people in Office in this state. I would take her over my Rep in District 7 any day of the week.
this is because of mark, he is a fighter pilot and astronaut and republican and has given her a different perspective to see issues, i have never met her but many people in my fam have and say she is the sweetest nicest woman they have met

burmafrd

Reaction score
Well that makes sense that there was more than one with that many shots fired. I wonder what in the world was security doing?

xout

Believer
Reaction score
bbgun;3790836 said:
It it can't be spun as a political issue, it will be spun as a gun issue. Just wait.

This. Regardless of the motives, this is a dark, sad day for our country and unfortunately the bickering and finger-pointing that is to come will only further divide us.

As for my previous post, I was not inferring that was the shooters motives - just posting what the initial political spin is likely to be.