Conner Williams Sucks

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I’m disgusted by the fact that he’s the most protected guy on the team. He’s never had even an average season in 3 years and he continues to start. It makes no sense.
jerry drafted him high, so they will play him regardless. doing otherwise would say they made a mistake.
I wonder why they never even tried him at OT , which is what he played in college.

he was a bad pick for sure.

But part of the OL problems is that they get no help and have unrealistic blocking schemes.

Creeper

Reaction score
Heyward is a very strong guy and I am pretty sure he bullies a lot of Gs in the league, but Connor Williams's weakness if strength. Guys like Heyward are going to bully him

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We were all in on Dallas Goddert. We had no idea Philly would take him and we had no plan b and made a idiotic pick. He's so bad. Soft and weak.

Bingo. People forget that Connor Williams was a scramble pick b/c Philly outmaneuvered us for Goddert. Connor would have fallen to round 3 or 4 if we didn't swooped in.

First I saw him, I thought he played TE. Big top but skinny legs for a man that size. Knew he wouldn't be able to hold his ground from day 1. Not sure what the hell Dallas saw.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yessiree -- Sorry to say so, but I'm of a mind that Connor Williams is a splendid candidate for crucifixion!! :omg::eek: :rolleyes:

On the other hand, maybe it's also conceivable that he might be an intriguing prospect to switch to OT? H-m-m . . . o_O

Last edited:

Tussinman

Reaction score
Should have never drafted the bum
He was a reach pick. He’s an average nfl guard at best.
Yeah I geniuely have zero idea what the hype around him was

His NFL draft profile was literally "Great Freshman year, sophmore slump, and then injured Junior year. IF he can stay healthy and IF he can switch positions and IF he can return to freshman form he could be a good NFL starter".

That's literally the draft profile of a 4th or 5th rounder, not a top 50 pick........

CoachD

Reaction score
The Cowboys should look long and hard at that position because Williams gets eaten up on way too many plays!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Connor Williams is the poster child of Big 12 offense and they reached for an OT to play OG.

The Spread Offense was created because of the lack of OL and the name schools gobbling them up. The emphasis had to go from size and strength to agility. Williams was an athletic OT at UT, he was supposed to bulk up and get stronger to play OG in the NFL and that hasn't happened and it doesn't most of the time. If it was that easy, they'd be doing it a lot more. Just get a bunch of 6'3" guys and feed them like geese and put them in the weight room.

He was the weak link before the injuries hit but now he's just part of the overall problem, one really good OL that can play.

OL is just one of the challenges facing this team in the off season.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It's funny because I remember on draft day quite a few posters around here were pretty happy with the pick when it happened. :laugh:

I didn't know enough about him then but I know enough now to say it's time to move on.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He has two back ups to either side of him. He and Zach are the most experienced of the group. He was late a lot yester off the snap, I think they have him looking for more inside help for steele.