Conner Williams Sucks

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wow a top 50 pick is better than an injured center and 2 undrafted rookie tackles.

What a marvelous achievement......

It's one of those context matters.

It's not weird when you factor in 1. Where he was drafted 2. It was a questionable pick even at the time and 3. Both of the previous LGs where better performance, cheaper salary, and no draft picks spent.

Alot of the Connor hate is more just displeasure of the front office thinking there smarter than they really are
I don’t gauge players based on draft status unless it’s the 1st round. 2nd round picks bust all the time.

Connor has his flaws but he’s also young and he’s progressed since his rookie season. Even though these coach’s have jerked him around with different schemes and different positions. I’m just curious to where guys think he should be knowing him came into this league weak and not strong.

You know who deserves hate? The right tackle who came into this season so out of shape he got put on IR....on a team that had Dontari Poe playing on it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's a Texas Longhorn! How dare you bushwhackers attack a Texas alumnus. Attack the coaching before you attack the player. Hook'em Horns!

Tussinman

Reaction score
2nd round picks bust all the time.
That's what I think is inflating the Williams hate. D-law is really the only legimate 2nd rounder they've hit on in the last 8 or 9 years. Writing was on the wall with Williams but once again the front office thought they where smarter than everyone else and result is another premium pick being thrown out the window

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's what I think is inflating the Williams hate. D-law is really the only legimate 2nd rounder they've hit on in the last 8 or 9 years. Writing was on the wall with Williams but once again the front office thought they where smarter than everyone else and result is another premium pick being thrown out the window
Connor wasn’t really a outsmart everyone pick though. It was billed as a safe pick when it happened.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
We were all in on Dallas Goddert. We had no idea Philly would take him and we had no plan b and made a idiotic pick. He's so bad. Soft and weak.
For once I wish a player named Dallas would actually come to our team lol.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Connor wasn’t really a outsmart everyone pick though. It was billed as a safe pick when it happened.
His draft profile was the opposite of safe. He was coming off of a major surgery, was 2 seasons removed from his peak, and his draft success was contingent on him being able to switch to a position that he had never played. There was nothing safe about any of that, especially for mid 2nd round

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His draft profile was the opposite of safe. He was coming off of a major surgery, was 2 seasons removed from his peak, and his draft success was contingent on him being able to switch to a position that he had never played. There was nothing safe about any of that, especially for mid 2nd round
Yeah but we are talking about a linemen. A first round talent linemen in the 2nd round that’s projected to be a 1st or 2nd round pick isn’t really unsafe.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Only Longhorn olineman drafted in over a decade, freaking embarrassing and basically unbelievable.
Damn yeah I forgot he was a longhorn as well.

I guess it's a no win situation with him. When people look at Williams there reminded of 1. How much of a failure the UT program has been at the college and NFL level 2. The decay of the great wall of Dallas and 3. How awful the cowboys have been the last decade on 2nd round picks.

Not saying it's fair but that's probably what is druming up this dislike for him. The fall of UT, 2nd round slump, and the dead wall of Dallas aren't good reminders

Proof

Reaction score
We were all in on Dallas Goddert. We had no idea Philly would take him and we had no plan b and made a idiotic pick. He's so bad. Soft and weak.

they were already on the phone with him as the goedert pick was announced in the background.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to draft 4 more offlineman with our next 4 no 1 picks baby!!
Jeez haven't you all seen the glory that draft policy brought to our team!!!:banghead:

P.S.Don't forget to pay them a huge part of our Cap in the process!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah I know some people are just too smart for their own good. I won’t sit here and say Conned is a great football player but his play doesn’t warrant a thread calling him out. This place is just wierd.
THEY BELIEVE ALL PLAYERS NO PB OR ALLPRO ARE JAGS AND NEED TO BE CUT BECAUSE ROSTERS ARE ALL MADE UP OF 44 PRO BOWL ALL PRO PLAYES AROUND THE LEAGUE EXCEPT OURS LOL

I trust the coaches have broke down every play of every game and have better idea who playing poorly or not,..if they felt he was truly bad, Mcgovern or another player would have taken his sport already

its very hard for fan to judge who fault a lot of lays were unless they knew the play call and assignment, thats what coaches do..sure he gets beat or knocked back by better players guys like Donald and Heyward do that to even players like Martin, ive seen it , other fans are blind to facts because they are hyper-focused on certain players..

narratives breed these type of fans..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THEY BELIEVE ALL PLAYERS NO PB OR ALLPRO ARE JAGS AND NEED TO BE CUT BECAUSE ROSTERS ARE ALL MADE UP OF 44 PRO BOWL ALL PRO PLAYES AROUND THE LEAGUE EXCEPT OURS LOL

I trust the coaches have broke down every play of every game and have better idea who playing poorly or not,..if they felt he was truly bad, Mcgovern or another player would have taken his sport already

its very hard for fan to judge who fault a lot of lays were unless they knew the play call and assignment, thats what coaches do..sure he gets beat or knocked back by better players guys like Donald and Heyward do that to even players like Martin, ive seen it , other fans are blind to facts because they are hyper-focused on certain players..

narratives breed these type of fans..
:hammer::hammer:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I hope I am, but my 46 years of experience is starting to tell me different. His butt isn't big enough to be a guard.
Ok you coached , so what about this:
I was watching the 4th and 8 play where heyward shoves him back, and it seems to me that connor needs to lower his stance, and lean forward a little from
the start, but he starts upright, and when they shove him high like heyward did right under his chin, he folds, because he is now off balance and has no
power.
If he leaned forward and kept low they could not do that, and he would have more power.
This is something his coaches dont tell him lol, so am I onto something here?
I know you cant lean forward too much or they can shove down on you, but him being just up in his stance, he can be shoved back quite easily.
So a different technique there might help him?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok you coached , so what about this:
I was watching the 4th and 8 play where heyward shoves him back, and it seems to me that connor needs to lower his stance, and lean forward a little from
the start, but he starts upright, and when they shove him high like heyward did right under his chin, he folds, because he is now off balance and has no
power.
If he leaned forward and kept low they could not do that, and he would have more power.
This is something his coaches dont tell him lol, so am I onto something here?
I know you cant lean forward too much or they can shove down on you, but him being just up in his stance, he can be shoved back quite easily.
So a different technique there might help him?
Of course technique would help him. He's played at good programs and and bee taught buy good coaches and still doesn't consistently show proper technique. Thanks for making my point.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Oregon OT Sewell at LG for a few years until he takes over for Tyron would be interesting unless a defensive player ranks higher or trade partner found.