News: Connor Williams Surprises Fellow Bullied Child

Rayman70

Reaction score
My son is a big kid like I was but not as heavy. Unfortunately he doesn’t like sports the way I did, but he’s already a Duke Scholar at 12 years old which I’m so proud of him for. He does kid picked on but he’s so dang smart he can outsmart anyone and put them in there place.

What’s funny is when I drop my son off for school I see these monster kids and some of those are girls! Way bigger than him etc. These kids are huge these days!
agree its unreal what kids look like today physically.

Rayman70

Reaction score
My son is a big kid like I was but not as heavy. Unfortunately he doesn’t like sports the way I did, but he’s already a Duke Scholar at 12 years old which I’m so proud of him for. He does kid picked on but he’s so dang smart he can outsmart anyone and put them in there place.

What’s funny is when I drop my son off for school I see these monster kids and some of those are girls! Way bigger than him etc. These kids are huge these days!
btw congrats to you and your son. Its no easy task achieving being a Duke scholar, at 12 no less. That is amazing. I was never that book smart to do what my kid or what your kid has done lol..I admit it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be funny if Williams punched the kid and told him to go find a smaller kid and punch him. "Here's a punch, pass it on".

The new Punch 60 promotion. Punch 60 kids and get a trophy with Teddy Roosevelt on it, "Bully, Bully".

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Let's be honest....he's more like 6'3....295lbs on his best day....and still get rag dolled like an 8th grade light....trying to play up on the heavies.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My son was built the same way. I know what you went thru. My son finally did what you did, then tried out for football, made the team and it all stopped...now he's 6-2, 215 pounds of raw muscle and been in the Army for going on 2 years. Looks like Ivan Drago lol..not someone you wanna mess with. Nobody saw it comin, him hitting a growth spurt and going from short and fat, to what he is now...and the bullying in a way taught him about never giving up, having some thick skin...and all in all, it really motivated him I think. So proud of him. Thats why this story really made me smile. My kid was built just like you though.

Thank him for his service.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Every other month I gotta here a story about Connor Williams being bullied. Can’t wait till he’s replaced and gone on this line he’s a weak link.
Another 2nd round draft bust the team doesn't want to admit. Look @ the Titans....they cut a first round guy in little over a year....because they knew when to cut bait. We on the other hand...will allow our QB to get killed to justify they knew sinking a top pick in a guy that was falling....was the smartest guy in the room type of move.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Connor Williams Surprises Fellow Bullied Child

qnlpxrnogsm03l4yxlr2

If you're reading this sentence, you probably know better than to try to bully Connor Williams. That's easy to say now that he's a 6'5, 320 pound guard starting in the NFL, but as a child in Coppell, Williams was bullied regularly by kids his age.

So when news stories were going around about the case of 13-year-old SeMarion Humphrey, the Haggard Middle School student, who was bullied extensively with racial slurs and cruel behavior at a sleepover, he could imagine what the child was going through. Humphrey quit the football team due to the treatment by other students.

With the middle schooler's 14th birthday coming up, his mother worried that there was nothing she could do to help him enjoy it. So Williams reached out to see if she thought Humphrey would want to spend his big day with him. She agreed, and Williams surprised Humphrey with a red carpet birthday party at Main Event.

Williams said that a few friends had sent him the viral story of Humphrey's treatment. Being unfairly judged and mistreated by your peers at that age is a feeling that's hard to forget.

Read Full Story
Awesome and wonderful stories like this truly tug at one's heart, especially when it's about 2 fellow Dallas Cowboys players reaching out on their personal time off to seriously help a bullied child.

I am so darn proud now more than ever for having Connor Williams and Connor McGovern on the Cowboys!! Thank you, gentlemen, for saving this young child's life. You are lifesavers! Soooo proud of you! ♡☆♡

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's way too much of this bullying tendency happening nowadays in our schools. This country was once one that aspired to higher ideals. Hopefully, a time will come when a return to more wholesome ways of treating one another prevail. It's up to the parents of bullies to strictly discipline them against it.

Conner Williams is to be congratulated for taking up for a child who has been the victim of such abuse. There are far too many young punks around these days who are compelled to observe their cowardly ways. The perpetrators of these disturbing habits deserve to be dealt with harshly by the administrators of the schools that harbor them. The movement under way by some schools to curb bullying are still too few. Perhaps kinder ways might prevail eventually if enough good people like Conner Williams and McGovern have their way. ;)

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
Connor can certainly relate. He has been bullied every Sunday during the season.