Twitter: Connor Williams to play center for the Dolphins?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He has the intelligence and the mobility for it. And center is a good spot for guys who struggle with power, since they do so much combo-blocking.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
He has the intelligence and the mobility for it. And center is a good spot for guys who struggle with power, since they do so much combo-blocking.

Agree, but the Key word in your sentence is “combo”, what happens when it’s 1 on 1 blocking.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Sure, it could be any of those things.

If it is any of those things and he all of a sudden decides to take his craft serious, fit in better, and put in all together immediately after leaving Dallas you wouldn't question why that happened? You wouldn't think that the culture in Dallas might be broken if this guy all of a sudden decides to get it together after leaving? Maybe the culture made him soft and Miami will bring that dog out of him.
Number 1 offense in the NFL last season

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Keep in mind, that he never played G in college. We moved him to T with less than average results. Maybe, just maybe they don't like what they have seen at guard and they are flexing to see if center is a better fit.

quickccc

Reaction score
I agree, but the Dolphins paid him big money in free agency. A questionable move if they’re going to play him at almost a totally foreign position.

And if the center experiment does not work out, then could they move him back or continue to play him exclusively at LG, while they move to plan B candidates at center ?

To each team and coaches their own, but imo, i'd much rather go the route of acquiring a more natural pure center that has excelled at NFL or collegian level than
force an OG to become a center.

Big D

Reaction score
Watch him be awesome and we just had no idea how to use him.

Would that really surprise anyone?
CW couldn't block when that's all he had to worry about, you think he's gonna excel with more on his plate at the C position? Good luck Miami.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Why are the Dolphins trying to copy us? They take our players, and now they have adopted the mindset of rather than signing better players, just move around their own until it works.

jnday

Reaction score

If I was a Miami coach, I would let him get in some work at the tackle position since his skills and physical build fits the tackle position much more than other positions on the OL.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Why are the Dolphins trying to copy us? They take our players, and now they have adopted the mindset of rather than signing better players, just move around their own until it works.

They will find out you cannot force a round peg into a square peg.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if he went on to have a long career, journeymen OL can exist for years in this league.
Wouldn’t shock me either. Mind you, the guy wasn’t terrible last year. The penalties and lack of progression is why he’s gone. I think if they could’ve they would’ve taken him on a team friendly deal like they did LVE.