Video: Connor Williams was solid against Pats

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

You beat me to it.

Big Game James nailed it.

Connor Williams was more than solid against the Patriots. He definitely showed he deserves to be starting. It looks like Connor keeps improving week by week. It's a shame because some other team in free agency is going to reap the rewards by season's end of us building Connor Williams up the past few years.

waving monkey

Reaction score
the negative perception comes from watching stronger bull rushers who send Connor flying backwards towards Dak.It doesn't look good. Why are we unable to rush touchdowns inside the five yard line against the Pats. I dont know

ESisback

Reaction score
I watched the video, and I agree, but I’ve seen guys push the center of our line into Dak. And WHY WHY WHY do we repeatedly fail on 4th and short? With our OL, Zeke, Pollard and big old Dak, those conversions should be CAKE!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Connor Williams is quite replaceable. It may be just a matter of time before it occurs.
Maybe sooner than later?! I'm a bit befuddled he's lasted this long, t/b honest. :huh:

The preponderance of harsh penalties being assessed on him gives me palpitations.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke is also to blame for not converting those 3rd or 4th & 1s for first downs or for a potential TD at the goal line simply because Zeke is too scared, refuses to get airborne and simply dive over the pile the way Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Priest Holmes, Marcus Allen, LaDainian Thompson, etc.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Connor Williams is quite replaceable. It may be just a matter of time before it occurs.
Maybe sooner than later?! I'm a bit befuddled he's lasted this long, t/b honest. :huh:

The preponderance of harsh penalties being assessed on him gives me palpitations.

Yep.

The film cut up provided is hilarious. Despite the title of the YouTube clip it actually doesn’t support Williams at all. You can see the plays he screwed up, got over powered, and missed blocks.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You beat me to it.

Connor Williams was more than solid against the Patriots. He definitely showed he deserves to be starting. It looks like Connor keeps improving week by week. It's a shame because some other team in free agency is going to reap the rewards by season's end of us building Connor Williams up the past few years.
On one of those holding calls. He was holding two people back. He grabbed the one behind him. I think he was solid. I truly believe it was Belichick Speaking to the referees before the game getting them prepared That’s the only way he could beat us. Was watching the film saying wow. We’re screwed

cowboyed

Reaction score
You beat me to it.

Here is the way I look at it. The Cowboys staff isn't going to re-sign or let Connor Williams go based on what Cowboys fans or certain media think one way or the other. They are more knowledgeable, study quality game tape with highly experienced eyes, dissect individual and group performance of plays in meetings with players, coaches and coordinators present.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You beat me to it.

Had a hand full of penalties.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If it wasn't his contract year, I really wouldn't be concerned about replacing CW. As it is, we go into next off-season looking for an interior OL in the draft

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here is the way I look at it. The Cowboys staff isn't going to re-sign or let Connor Williams go based on what Cowboys fans or certain media think one way or the other. They are more knowledgeable, study quality game tape with highly experienced eyes, dissect individual and group performance of plays in meetings with players, coaches and coordinators present.

It's possible he'll be retained as a backup, rather than let go or traded. Time will tell on that. His days as a starter may be limited, tho.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
He's been fine for a second round pick. He's alright. He'll start in this league for most of his career, but I don't see us paying him for next year. Too many negative plays balance out the positive.

jnday

Reaction score

Every olineman does not hold as much as you say. There is no excuse for holding and jumping offsides as much as Williams does. Williams is a very average OG and going through film and picking out his best plays is not a honest evaluation of him. The one honest thing that the narrator says is that he don’t know a lot about the oline.

Rayman70

Reaction score
CW is a weak link. A liability. He will cost us a big game unless we fix this situation. Refs scrutinize him because words been out for a couple years that he holds. We saw that in NE. Refs feasted on him. Even if they are phantom calls..he gets attention from the refs. NOT GOOD.