Video: Connor Williams was solid against Pats

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
for sure no one likes it but it happens.,., hopefully like last year zeke had 2 bad games in row 4 fumbles this place was all butthurt, he had 1 the last 8 games..so 5 in 15 games where as Dak had 7 TOs in 5 games and hes got quite few fumbles this year and handful of iNts..i guess those MISTAKES dont count? they worse then holding call, hmm id say just as bad or worse..

you giving Dak a pass, you putting up with him? i mean is he perfect LMAO..just because those dudes sometime sar eon an Island on TV easy to see their mistakes doesnt make them any different that n any player..

seriously Daks playing great but hes made some CRUCIAL mistakes in the Redzone, endzone, and gave teams a chance to stay in games ..doesnt even include some real bad passes along the way or a missed read..you get my point yet??

60snaps 3 bad plays, we can go through all 43 game day players who see the field and im betting you can easily find 2-3 mistakes. Like Diggs in NE that call the big reception in the TB game i mean i bet i can find 2-3 bad plays by diggs, parsons, how abut shultz in the Carolina game that was a case of the yips and he had drop in NE in the ez, and others every game..many are missed or forgotten ,

some fans narratives are to PICK ON certain players and it just snowballs.

If the coaches keep him a starter, hes more then competent ..that all we need to know..

I'm far more concerned about bolstering our defense than I am about Dak's performance. He's, apparently, having his best year so far and I'm hopeful that will continue throughout this season if he remains healthy. Our WRs and their level of play makes his job infinitely easier than it might have been if they weren't so dynamic in their play. We're fortunate to have an offense that can reliably score on anyone, when healthy. Our depth has also improved.

I don't know that our defense could be expected to carry us, in the event that the offense isn't performing at their best. I'm hoping we'll manage to get another quality CB to bolster a pass defensive position that could use better depth. I do believe we have enough young players who will develop further and possibly show some improvement in the coming weeks. Parsons, I hope, will be numbered among them. Not sure what to expect from Kelvin Joseph but he might need until next year to get fully acclimated and show signs of being very capable. We'll see about that in the weeks ahead, perhaps.

I'm not one to be overly upset if we can't overcome the elite teams we'll have to face in the playoffs, assuming we get there. I think we'll need to improve more on defense before we're able to limit the most elite teams, if our offense stumbles a bit. Things may need to change for the better, before great success can truly be lived up to at year's end but that's surely not impossible. I hope our youngsters do nothing but improve with the coaching at hand.

I, basically, plan on enjoying whatever happens from here on out and take each game as something to be entertained by. We've seen two decades of mediocrity in our recent history, so this is certainly a welcomed departure from what we've seen in a long time. I'm keeping high expectations at arm's length to help to avoid disappointment in the long run. Whatever good that comes in 2021, that way, will be received with pleasure. ;)

Last edited:

BigD_95

Reaction score
You beat me to it.

Big Game James nailed it.

Connor Williams was more than solid against the Patriots. He definitely showed he deserves to be starting. It looks like Connor keeps improving week by week. It's a shame because some other team in free agency is going to reap the rewards by season's end of us building Connor Williams up the past few years.

I have no issues with Connor Williams. He isn't all pro but he is solid - you cant have app-pro players at every spot on the team

ESisback

Reaction score
Simple numbers game. If you got 9 players crashing towards the center, you aren't going to block that up real consistent.

Nothing is cake, nothing in this league is, if a team sells out to stop it and you fly into the teeth of it.
Yeah, I never understood Garrett’s play calls where they’d run Zeke repeatedly between the tackles for no gain or losses! He’d just run into the back of a barely moving logjam!