Connor Williams

31RoyW31

Reaction score
LG, LT, DT, and RB need to be priorities in this year’s draft.
LG, Center, and DT. LT isn't at as a high level as it's been in the past, but it's above average. RB you don't draft them until you have a spot to play them and they have to keep ZEK another year for cap reasons. RB in the '23 draft for sure. Center is right there with LG as the two biggest holes on the team.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
How bad this guy can be in crucial moments??

I think its time to move on from him

This should be it for him.....he is certainly not worth a second contract on this team. Dallas can get a UDFA and get the same production and mistakes from them. Let him get overpaid somewhere else.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If he signs with another team, he'll both get tough and 'smarter.'

Reactions: JPM

sulu1701

Reaction score
T. Smith is good for missing at least 5 games a season, and I think it's been long overdue to draft someone viable to eventually replace him, I'm not overly impressed with Steele, and CW is just a holding call waiting to happen, overall last nights 14 penalties showed a total lack of discipline which has plagued the team all season, the only reason they beat the Chargers is because they got penalized more imo

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Bye Connor and good riddance.
Draft a guard, trade lamb for picks, and keep Amari.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Label wasnt that good at guard, i
I have a feeling Williams will be one of those free agents that stays on the open market long enough that he eventually re-signs here on a one year veteran's minimum salary.

This forum would explode if that happened.
22 draft Green. We have seen what power does

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I dont disagree with you, but I think the problems are bigger than individual players. The CW penalty issue is one that I think is a bigger issue than his ability. The guy in 2020 had over 1100 snaps and just 4 penalties. 2019 he had 6 penalties. 2018 he had 5 (although he only had about 700 snaps that year). Overall the guy has not had a penalty issue in his career, that's been a this year thing. The team overall had a penalty issue, and i think its more a reflection on the culture and coaching.

This was just a bad year for the offense as a whole. Dak regressed bad after his injury, the OL overall seemed to regress hard after looking really good. Receivers struggled to catch balls, our starting RB essentially became a glorified pass blocker. It just feels to me like this year the coaching staff lost control and didn't really know how to fix it. They stayed stubborn and just doubled down without every really making adjustments.

I'm not sure you can overhaul this offense like you did the defense last year. You dont have much cap space, you are picking towards the end of the draft, etc. At some point you have to look at how can you improve your roster from within, and that may require some new voices and ideas.
He has been exposed, he doesn't have a strong base, therefore he is subjected to the bullrush by stronger players. That's why he holds so much, or else he would flat out get rolled multiple time a game. There is no fixing him at the guard position.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Never liked him at guard. Didn't even like the pick to begin with, thought we reached for him. He played tackle here at UT, the heck were the coaches thinking plugging him in at guard??? Anyways, he needs to be the first one out the door.