Consensual board for 2024 Draft Offensive tackle rankings

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is why I'm wondering if we can find Tyron's replacement with 56. Use 24 on another position ..........

RS12

Reaction score
Last few drafts it seems there are early runs on O Linement in general. I think the only guys left at 56 are Amagadjie and Fisher. Paul has too many traits to fall that far. Fisher was a RT at ND. Amagadjie was injured and played in the Ivy league. I think there may be a shiny object they love at 24 but this is the draft to get a stud OT at 24.

McMicah

Reaction score
I’m ok with Fisher but not at LT. If Guyton or Mims are there at 24, I don’t know how you don’t take them

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Last few drafts it seems there are early runs on O Linement in general. I think the only guys left at 56 are Amagadjie and Fisher. Paul has too many traits to fall that far. Fisher was a RT at ND. Amagadjie was injured and played in the Ivy league. I think there may be a shiny object they love at 24 but this is the draft to get a stud OT at 24.
I think that there is a good possibility Tyler winds up our LT. I see them taking an interior guy somewhere in the top 50

I think thats probably an easier way to work the draft. However, I dont think it gives you your best OL. Personally if Fautanu drops near 20 you get aggressive. Play him at LT and keep Tyler at LG. I dont have any issues with Fautanu's hight. His arm length is still well within threshold

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Basically, there seems to be a consensus that there are 9 OL that are 1st Rounders (the Top 7 OT's on that list and add JPJ and Barton to that). All that means is the BPA @ 24 will probably be an OL - so selecting one of those 9 @ 24 is NOT reaching for a need.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Basically, there seems to be a consensus that there are 9 OL that are 1st Rounders (the Top 7 OT's on that list and add JPJ and Barton to that). All that means is the BPA @ 24 will probably be an OL - so selecting one of those 9 @ 24 is NOT reaching for a need.
Consensus big board does it have JPJ, Barton or Morgan 1st round locks.

If someone 5ish slots lower falls and we take one of those dudes instead would def be a reach IMO.

J-man

Reaction score
I love the consensual.

There absolutely is a chance to land a starter for the O-line at 56, but I'm not sure it would be a LT. Players like Hayes, Beebe, Frazier, Van Pran and Paul could be available at 56. I'm ok with taking a top tier defensive player at 24 and then taking the best O-lineman available at 56. We have enough other O-line pieces in Tyler, Bass, Hoffman and Richards to be able to move guys and still have a great line.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Consensus big board does it have JPJ, Barton or Morgan 1st round locks.

If someone 5ish slots lower falls and we take one of those dudes instead would def be a reach IMO.
Do you have the link to the IOL Consensus Board that Mosher is referencing for the T's?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Do you have the link to the IOL Consensus Board that Mosher is referencing for the T's?
You can just google “Consensus Big Board” for the one that pulls from more sites than what Mosher uses…let me try and track his down.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
You can just google “Consensus Big Board” for the one that pulls from more sites than what Mosher uses…let me try and track his down.
NFL Mock Draft Database's Big Board has the 9 guys I mentioned all in the Top 29.

cnuball21

Reaction score
NFL Mock Draft Database's Big Board has the 9 guys I mentioned all in the Top 29.
You’re right, I think JPJ and Barton just jumped up a little as I think they were in the 30s last time I looked.

Regardless ideally I want someone ranked lower than 24. Blinking light guys to me would be formal visit guys like Arnold (12), Fuaga (15), Wiggins (17) or BTJ (20). Hopefully we have top 30 visits with more of these guys…mostly pass rushers.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
You’re right, I think JPJ and Barton just jumped up a little as I think they were in the 30s last time I looked.

Regardless ideally I want someone ranked lower than 24. Blinking light guys to me would be formal visit guys like Arnold (12), Fuaga (15), Wiggins (17) or BTJ (20). Hopefully we have top 30 visits with more of these guys…mostly pass rushers.
According to NFL MOCK DRAFT DATABASE, the breakdown for the Top 32 is:
  • 9 OL
  • 6 CB
  • 6 WR
  • 4 QB
  • 4 Edge
  • 2 IDL
  • 1 TE
It's this breakdown that still makes me believe that the BPA @ 24 will more than likely be an OL and that Dallas would NOT be reaching to get one. And, like you, I'm hoping we have more than half of the 30 visits with the OL/DL guys.

cnuball21

Reaction score
According to NFL MOCK DRAFT DATABASE, the breakdown for the Top 32 is:
  • 9 OL
  • 6 CB
  • 6 WR
  • 4 QB
  • 4 Edge
  • 2 IDL
  • 1 TE
It's this breakdown that still makes me believe that the BPA @ 24 will more than likely be an OL and that Dallas would NOT be reaching to get one. And, like you, I'm hoping we have more than half of the 30 visits with the OL/DL guys.
Due to the depth it could be…my concern is someone in that top 15ish picks falls that isn’t OL and the Cowboys take someone like Barton (29) instead. Obviously still a pretty good player that is rated to go close to where we’re picking we’d just be giving up a much better talent.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Due to the depth it could be…my concern is someone in that top 15ish picks falls that isn’t OL and the Cowboys take someone like Barton (29) instead. Obviously still a pretty good player that is rated to go close to where we’re picking we’d just be giving up a much better talent.
If we only trusted this team to participate in FA so that they DON’T have to do something like that…

cnuball21

Reaction score
If we only trusted this team to participate in FA so that they DON’T have to do something like that…
In an ideal world you’re 100% right…but we know it won’t happen.

If they do spend, it’ll probably be the wrong way like giving Saquon 100 million.