Cooks breakout game

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Again, when even an idiot like me called this game, it was clear as day how things worked out...good to see, and this needs to continue and especially against top tier teams

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Todays game is how the targets SHOULD e distributed the remainder of the year (as long as folks are healthy) - Lamb, Cooks, & Ferguson should get about 75% of the targets each week. PERIOD!!!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Did we finally figure out how to integrate Cooks into our offense. If we can maintain this it will make our offense very hard to stop. We finally had some really nicely designed concepts to get Cooks open and get him the ball.
Dak can't play afraid to make mistakes. He needs to keep being aggressive. He has enough talent around him to trust CD, Cooks, Ferguson, Gallup(only going deep) in 1 on 1 situations. On 50/50 balls receivers need to make plays.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't know why it took so long but I'm very happy it finally happened. Should open things up even more.
Coaching is why it took so long ... and this is the type of coaching that waits until it has to hit a brick wall
reality or heavy public criticism before they decide to give the necessary effort to try to improve.

- McCarthy could've loong been addressing this - its too many other NFL clubs that find ways to
get their best play makers involved and schemed into the game.
- ala Hill/Waddle, Kupp/Puka..Chase/Higgins. AJ Brown/Devonae, Metaclf/Lockett, etc.

- but Mac was just " content" if his featured WR was happy and content and no longer griping.
Mac is similar to the trend of the past Cowboys play callers in that he does not expand and implement
new fronts, adjustments and counter- schemes.

- That's what will make us limited vs the better far more competitive teams - especially come playoff time.
It bit usbig time per Kellen Moore vs Niners, and it is gonna bite us hard again at some
very critical point of the season.

quickccc

Reaction score
I've said all year there is nothing wrong with him. Got laughed at and made fun of. Noooooooo. HE SHOULD BE CUT. HE SHOULD BE TRADED. Nope just needed some targets.
Some here were insistent that he was a bust trade that clearly lost his famed speed.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't know why it took so long but I'm very happy it finally happened. Should open things up even we
No concepts, all it was is that Dak looked for Cooks instead of Gallup, he just replaced their roles or priority in his mind
Giants played a lot of man and it made Dak's reads a lot easier. The pick and dropped pick that he threw the giants disguised their zone D very well. Both were a misread.

Zman5

Reaction score
Cooks was really good today. We need to work on using Cooks on screens.

Ken

Reaction score
Did we finally figure out how to integrate Cooks into our offense. If we can maintain this it will make our offense very hard to stop. We finally had some really nicely designed concepts to get Cooks open and get him the ball.
This is more like i envisioned for him this year. Hopefully he can become a bigger part of the Offense...

RonWashington

Reaction score
Gallup is a poor route runner and gives up on plays. I would only trust him 1 on 1 deep. He is a poor man's Alvin Harper.

All of a sudden with young guns Tolbert & Brooks plus the Bryant signing the game day roster at this position becomes interesting after 88 & 3

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If you make Lamb/Cooks the foundation of your passing game with an occasional Ferguson sprinkled in, you have enough to consistently stress even the best pass defenses.

Now the challenge b/t now and January is figuring out how to be more efficient running the ball.

Eddie

Reaction score
Yes, we finally learned how to integrate Cooks into the game against a Giants 2ndary that played like middle school kids.