Cooks might be better than Lamb

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Look at the qbs cooks has had recently . Look at how many targets lamb got the last two years. Cooks is faster and more explosive. They both drop passes. I’ll get ve lamb the edge in hands. He’s taller so that helps his catch radius.
Very doubtful Cooks will be better than Lamb. He had QBs like Drew Brees and Tom Brady over his career and never got into the conversation as one of the best wrs in the NFL. Lamb finished 6th in receiving yards last year and is poised to take that next step.

However, Cooks doesn't have to be better than Lamb though, combined they will make up a top 5 receiving duo in the NFL.

plasticman

Reaction score
We basically have the career of Brandin Cooks on the stat sheet. he has played 9 seasons. We know how he started, when he peaked, and where he stands in comparison to WR's in NFL history. He has a few more seasons but the vast majority of his career in the NFL has been played out.

Lamb is just starting, he has only a third of the length of Cook's career thus far. You may say that his average numbers are larger because he gets more opportunities. However, he gets more opportunities because he established himself as a #1 receiver.

Playing for the Saints, Rams, and Patriots meant that opponents couldn't afford to double team him as often as Lamb gets doubled. Cooks had teammates like Marques Colston, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkouski, Danny Amendola, Michael Thomas, Cooper Cupp. He's had QB's like Dree Brees, Tom Brady, and DeShawn Watson.

Still, it will be interesting to see how things evolve at the position

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Very doubtful Cooks will be better than Lamb. He had QBs like Drew Brees and Tom Brady over his career and never got into the conversation as one of the best wrs in the NFL. Lamb finished 6th in receiving yards last year and is poised to take that next step.

However, Cooks doesn't have to be better than Lamb though, combined they will make up a top 5 receiving duo in the NFL.
Lamb got forced the ball two straight years.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Let’s not go too far here. He’s a good pickup. But if he were truly special he would not be on his 5th team.
5 teams is a lot. Looks like Hopkins will be on his 3rd and he's been special.

In Cooks defense, he's been traded for a 1st rounder twice and a 2nd rounder once. We wanted him last year and he wanted to be traded last year. So he got it.

He's a good WR and a solid #1 to go with Lamb, who is the better WR.

Cooks and Gallup on the outside with Lamb moving around and in the slot is a very interesting trio.

If Ferguson comes out balling too. This will be a very interesting aerial attack.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Lamb s targets are high. Cooper was clearly better abd lamb still got the ball forced to him. He priced to be a number one in the second half if the year. But cooper was better abd lamb got high targets abd needs the slot:

Cooper was more "polished" than Lamb when Lamb was in his first 2 seasons.

He is not better today.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look at the qbs cooks has had recently . Look at how many targets lamb got the last two years. Cooks is faster and more explosive. They both drop passes. I’ll get ve lamb the edge in hands. He’s taller so that helps his catch radius.
Is that your official analysis?

Rayman70

Reaction score
does it really matter either way? We tryin to win a ring. Its not a pissing match. I think some games Ceedee will be better. Other games it might be BC.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lamb will be better and Cooks will be a major reason for it.
and if the line can protect better, block better, thus opening up the run game. If they can do that and just be a bit better in the trenches/running the ball, I think all our skill guys will have a great year.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
My Question is , will they be top 5 a receiving corps ? Top to Bottom Cee Dee, Brandin and Michael, Tolbert and ?????

Ferguson, Hendershot and ??????

And who will be our Receiving back.

I'm not complaining as I am sure we will get it figured out before TC

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re completely lost on this. Lol Brandin Cooks during the prime of his career played with Drew Brees for three seasons. His career high for yards and TDs was 1173 with 8 TDs in 2016. Brees passed for just over 5200 yards that season. CeeDee is coming off a career high 1359 yards and 9 TDs and he was stuck with Cooper Rush for 5 games. Our passing offense was almost nonexistent with him. Dak didn’t even have one of his better seasons and CeeDee still produced. Dak had only one 300 yard game during the regular season. The Cowboys were a run first team most of the season.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Don't all WR1s get intentional targets? It's what you do with those targets that counts and Ceedee had a great year!
He wasn’t efficient . He got forced the ball in 22 over cooper a d it hurt the team. Last year we had no choice but to go to him. Played great I. The last 9 games. I hope he continues to get better. The point is, he should be great even if he’s not forced the ball. I’d v like him to play better on the outside this year and catch better in traffic.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Cooks might have been better in his prime..... 4 teams ago....before he got old.
He may still be I. His prime. T o , rice and t glenn were great in their 30s . The perfect combo is terry Glenn. He got parcels abd Bledsoe, two guys who believed in him abd he played great again. He might’ve ran 4.39 I. His prime. After 30. He might’ve been 4.43 sim but with great feet abd route running. He maintained his speed up to about 33 before the injury. Cold was two steps faster s than Glenn in his prime. I’d limit his hits if possible to keep his speed.

Loso86

Reaction score
Sir....smh

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let’s not go too far here. He’s a good pickup. But if he were truly special he would not be on his 5th team.
OR did he outperform his contracts?

Experts like you say "don't overpay ANYbody". Then when teams don't you say players suck.

lol....kinda.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
It is all about Gallup at this point. If he can get back to a possession receiver and get his hands and game back. Then we are set (depending on injuries).