Coop & Dlaw cap casualties?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

For the record, despite the fact that I've said these things for almost a year now, I am in fact not Bobby Belt.
:laugh:

But it's clear to me that I should be getting paid for this stuff!
:banghead:

Reactions: Ken

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Makes sense. 38 million saved post June 1st cut…. Who replaces Lawrence? A full season with him and parsons and Gregory would be great, especially with parsons in his second year

With other restructures, could bring Gallup, Gregory, kearse , hooker and maybe Wilson back too… Gallup is a long shot tho , unless they don’t want Gregory back either
Parsons is not moving to DE full time, they like you use him in many different roles. Belt even said, he expected Parsons to see about the same amount of Edge snaps as this yr.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Cutting coop would be stupid. Does anyone remember the offense pre coop? Gallup and Lamb aren’t #1s
I agree, but when you take a 1st rd receiver the expectation they become a #1 WR down the line. It's time for CeeDee to step it up.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I agree, but when you take a 1st rd receiver the expectation they become a #1 WR down the line. It's time for CeeDee to step it up.
Most WRs flash ability to be a #1 in their first 2 years. Nothing CeeDee does is dominant enough to be a #1.

Even Miles Austin at least flashed speed.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
you still have a hole at DE, though. If you're trying to replace Lawrence with a Bashem type it's going to be a long season.

You do what DQ did this year....Have to remember DLAW was out of the line up 80% of the year..and the defense looked really good without him.....think Parsons will take on more of DLAWs role

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys can make their salaries work if they want to, they always do.

That's a nice, vague, unsupported statement.

So if you cut both, and don’t use the money for any big FA signings, what 2 players do you think are going to replace Lawrence and Cooper and have a bigger impact next year?

It won't take all that much to replace Lawrence's 3 sacks in 2021.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I could live with cutting DLaw he’s being paid like an elite pass rusher which he isn’t. He’s missed a number of games with injuries. Cutting Cooper would be a big blow to our offense. Cutting both players could cripple the team. Both sides of the ball would take a big hit.

johneric8

Reaction score
8 sacks in his 2nd year (13 games).

Yes, I think he was good.
First year was bad, and everyone on this forum tried to run him out of town.. Point is, you gotta move on from guys with hefty salaries not living up to contract.. They need to take a chance and get younger.. I know we're better with him on the field at this point in time, but his play doesn't match up with his salary at all..

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
You do what DQ did this year....Have to remember DLAW was out of the line up 80% of the year..and the defense looked really good without him.....think Parsons will take on more of DLAWs role

Then you have a hole at LB. Pick you poison.

Ken

Reaction score
For the record, despite the fact that I've said these things for almost a year now, I am in fact not Bobby Belt.
:laugh:

But it's clear to me that I should be getting paid for this stuff!
:banghead:
I know this feel...lol

Ken

Reaction score
Most WRs flash ability to be a #1 in their first 2 years. Nothing CeeDee does is dominant enough to be a #1.

Even Miles Austin at least flashed speed.
Austin had elite route running....that was his best trait.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score

I think that is possibly the absolute stupidest tweet i've ever read. I'm not saying it is definitely but if you ask some people that know sort of how i think then without question there is a chance that that is the case.

Big_D

Reaction score
They gotta go. You can’t spend the money they are and win anything. They didn’t win before they got paid and it doesn’t get easier after. Re-sign Gallup, Wilson and Gregory!

Sydla

Reaction score

Unless he takes a pay cut or signs some sort of extension, a straight restructure makes the next few years really tough from a cap perspective.

I hope they can make it work because while he's not elite, he's our best DE and its not even really al that debatable.