Twitter: Coop, Gallup and Cee Dee last season together?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here's what I think we all can agree on.....1) Stephen will not offer Gallup #1 WR money, 2) It's highly unlikely we'll tag him ( 2021 tag for WR is $15.9M ), 3) Gallup is not a #1 WR.

I'm guessing the options to keep all three will come to Coop restructuring his deal, and hoping Gallup's willing to sign a $12-14M range deal.

But given the choice of letting one go........you can make a strong argument for both

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Here's what I think we all can agree on.....1) Stephen will not offer Gallup #1 WR money, 2) It's highly unlikely we'll tag him ( 2021 tag for WR is $15.9M ), 3) Gallup is not a #1 WR.

I'm guessing the options to keep all three will come to Coop restructuring his deal, and hoping Gallup's willing to sign a $12-14M range deal.

But given the choice of letting one go........you can make a strong argument for both

What we do know is, either Gallup or Cooper won't be back in 2022. I highly doubt both return next season. It's very telling that they didn't restructure Cooper's deal, mind you they restructured Zeke's, but not his, my guess Cooper is gone after the season and Gallup returns.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Coop is gone after the season.

Hes due 60 million in base over 2022-24.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My opinion is still that both Gallup and Cooper are gone after this season. I think the team will try to retain Noah Brown or Cedrick Wilson or both to keep some experience around at a far lower price.

J12B

Reaction score
Coop is gone after the season.

Hes due 60 million in base over 2022-24.

I think if Coop has a big year, he will be brought back for 2022.

We're very likely to be without Gallup, so losing Cooper too would really hurt the offense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
My opinion is still that both Gallup and Cooper are gone after this season. I think the team will try to retain Noah Brown or Cedrick Wilson or both to keep some experience around at a far lower price.
That would be brutal. I wonder if Gallup takes a Terrance Williams like contract to keep the band together,

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Cooper is not going anywhere. He will be here and quite frankly, I want him here. Gallup is going to be gone.

We’d all love to keep all 3 but Gallup is going to provide more value going forward. He’ll cost significantly less over the next three seasons even with a new contract.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think they let Gallup walk and get a comp pick. However, trading Cooper would free up money and add a draft pick or two.

Trading Cooper makes the most business sense. Letting Gallup walk makes the most football sense imo.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows what will happen for certain. I think it depends on a couple of things. Does CeeDee become a true #1, top 10, or even top 5, receiver? Does Cooper stay healthy for most of the season?

With us against the cap next year, my guess is that Cooper is gone, hopefully in a trade, and Gallup signs for high #2 money that is structured in a way that his cap hit is low until the new TV money kicks in. Then either Wilson or Brown is resigned and they compete to be #3 with a draft pick.

Yet, if Coop can stay healthy, it would not shock me to see Coop stay, get restructured and Gallup walks in FA and we get a #3 pick in return.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Gallup isn't a number one. He's pretty good but not anywhere close to a number one. I've Coop, but a feel that Lamb and Gallup at a reduced rate would be our best bet..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
People here tell me the tv revenue is skyrocketing. And add in the gambling money, and the Cowboys can sign whoever they want, right? Teams are going to be swimming in money. That cap should be meaningless.

The NFL just signed a $100B contract. $16M to franchise Gallup us a drop in the bucket. Jerry can pay it easily.

CWR

Reaction score

Wow that would be aggressive. I think we keep Lamb and one other WR.