Twitter: Coop, Gallup and Cee Dee last season together?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Certainly not concerned about 2022 when Dallas hasn't even played their first game in 2021. o_O

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don’t get why we’re always trying to run a wideout out of town. We wanted a non diva type guy out there for the longest time and know we can’t wait for him to leave. I don’t get it also can’t wait for it to be lambs turn

Welcome to the world of fans. Cooper was lauded as a "non-Dez" when he got here and now he "lacks passion" and is even called lazy. There was also a time when most here loved Jaylon's contract because they believed it meant Zeke wasn't getting his out of spite. So you see why under no circumstances should a GM or player ever pay attention to what fans want to see happen.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows what will happen for certain. I think it depends on a couple of things. Does CeeDee become a true #1, top 10, or even top 5, receiver?

Or regresses or becomes an injury concern? Almost no people here are considering those options and have him penciled in for greatness.

John813

Reaction score
Getting Gallup signed can be tricky.......he could very play himself out of our price range.

I thought that too but look at Golladays deal with the Giants.

4yr/72mil, and his first year cap hit is only 4.4mil.

There's ways around making it work on a year to year basis.
Not saying it's smart to do, but teams can get creative with the cap hits.
Restructure Coop, give Gallup an low first year cap hit(but he still gets a nice SB and guarantees) and try in 2022 with the 3 still locked up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrance is playing flag football now. I'm surprised another team did not sign him.

I’m not. I thought that the Cowboys got a great deal bringing him back but soon realized why no other team was interested. Dude couldn’t even cut it in the XFL…

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I thought that too but look at Golladays deal with the Giants.

4yr/72mil, and his first year cap hit is only 4.4mil.

There's ways around making it work on a year to year basis.
Not saying it's smart to do, but teams can get creative with the cap hits.
Restructure Coop, give Gallup an low first year cap hit(but he still gets a nice SB and guarantees) and try in 2022 with the 3 still locked up.

Git outta here......you make too much sense; which probably means it won't happen. :confused:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Out of the two, I'd keep Cooper.

His contract is hefty, though.

he signed that contract two years ago. doesn't it look like a bargain now?
confused. thought you were always supposed to sign players early because salaries always escalate. why does no one bring this up other than QB contracts?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I imagine the events of the 2021 season will factor into the decision. If we go deep or even won the championship, it would be hard for the Jones not to want to keep the band together.
If not & another unit of the team demands resources in 2022, they will be more inclined to let someone leave.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
he signed that contract two years ago. doesn't it look like a bargain now?
confused. thought you were always supposed to sign players early because salaries always escalate. why does no one bring this up other than QB contracts?

It's still a fair contract for a top WR.

I don't know what you're implying, but it's not working.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Should have traded gallup when we had the chance. Now he is a 3rd rounder we hit on and have to let him walk

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Here's what I think we all can agree on.....1) Stephen will not offer Gallup #1 WR money, 2) It's highly unlikely we'll tag him ( 2021 tag for WR is $15.9M ), 3) Gallup is not a #1 WR.

I'm guessing the options to keep all three will come to Coop restructuring his deal, and hoping Gallup's willing to sign a $12-14M range deal.

But given the choice of letting one go........you can make a strong argument for both

Would you consider Lamb a possible #1 WR? If so, then wouldn't it be better to re-sign Gallup and try to trade Cooper so to reallocate some of the savings? Dallas needs a solid #3 or run 2 WR's and 2 TE's.

CWR

Reaction score
Getting Gallup signed can be tricky.......he could very play himself out of our price range.

I totally get that. I've assumed him gone since we drafted CD. What suprised me was the thought of both him and Coop gone. I think we retain one or the other.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Would you consider Lamb a possible #1 WR? If so, then wouldn't it be better to re-sign Gallup and try to trade Cooper so to reallocate some of the savings? Dallas needs a solid #3 or run 2 WR's and 2 TE's.

No question but I'm not sure it's as simple as that. The key IMO is Gallup's true market value......pretty sure he and his agent will say he can be a #1 WR while Stephen will likely offer #2 money.

A side note about Stephen Jones signing his own players to 2nd contracts.............at least ONE Pro Bowl appearance during their rookie deal. It's huge with him........track record is easy to see.

lk8701

Reaction score
My opinion is still that both Gallup and Cooper are gone after this season. I think the team will try to retain Noah Brown or Cedrick Wilson or both to keep some experience around at a far lower price.

I would rather cut Zeke and Jaylon.