Twitter: Coop, Gallup and Cee Dee last season together?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I totally get that. I've assumed him gone since we drafted CD. What suprised me was the thought of both him and Coop gone. I think we retain one or the other.

I agree 100%........in fact, I'm guessing Coop deal is structured in a way that allows him and Stephen/Cowboys to decide if they wanna end this marriage at the end of the season or continue for another couple of years. I'm basing this 1) his 5 years allowing an out after only 2 years and 2) Coop statement during his nego that he didn't get locked into a 5 years commitment w/o options.

Reactions: CWR

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here's what I think we all can agree on.....1) Stephen will not offer Gallup #1 WR money, 2) It's highly unlikely we'll tag him ( 2021 tag for WR is $15.9M ), 3) Gallup is not a #1 WR.

I'm guessing the options to keep all three will come to Coop restructuring his deal, and hoping Gallup's willing to sign a $12-14M range deal.

But given the choice of letting one go........you can make a strong argument for both

I think the most likely outcome is a Cooper restructure. His contract was essentially a two year deal. More than likely he will be willing to renegotiate his contract for more guaranteed. Gallup is most likely to walk as a FA. Judging by the offseason, I don't think he will get a dramatic overpay like some were predicting this years WR's were going to get. I don't know how hope of a Covid cap squeeze there will be next year.

Trading Cooper is also possible. Even at its cost the contract is attractive due to the amount of team comtrol left. Whats tricky is that if he would rather be cut than traded, his trade value plummets. He may rather test the free market than be traded and renegotiate or ever stay on his current deal. IMO if he is willing to be traded and renegotiate his contract, I think he could get us a 1st rounder. As a guy that is still relatively young, with a skill set that ages well, he still has alot of value. Redoing his deal could even put him on the lower end of market value

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Gallup... Goner. Just hope he has one of those contract years and gets us somewhere.

Coop... If he returns to form, I think Stephen will try a restructure. If he stinks it up this year, don't be shocked to lose both, especially if CeeDee shines his sophomore season.

CeeDee.... Boyz are screwed if he doesn't show he's ready to be the #1 this year. Top tier talent and relatively cheap, he's supposed to be the sure bet of the 3.

Stinks how this position that was one of those comfort positions is now heading for a problem next year. We already have to spend picks on both lines.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's a business decision to keep or pass on Gallup in 2022. I try to stay away from business topics. So I wish Gallup well no matter what happens next year but first, we get another season with Gallup on our roster. Let's hope it's a good one.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
My opinion is still that both Gallup and Cooper are gone after this season. I think the team will try to retain Noah Brown or Cedrick Wilson or both to keep some experience around at a far lower price.

Yep. I think they’ll both be gone and we’ll go back to needing to address WR.

DanA

Reaction score
I think we’ll do why we did with Beasley and find a guy to play slot for a year on a team friendly deal. It might just be Wilson. It won’t be more than a 1 yr 5m deal or 3rd round rookie IMO.