Cooper’s on pace for a career high

cern

Reaction score
Hey, look. The melvin that thinks GMs don't deal in personnel acquisition wants to be a part of the discussion.

Nah.
Take it up with howie. Better be quick. His bean counting days may be coming to an end.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I still find it ironic that during this injury prone season the 2 most injury prone starters (Connor Williams and Amari Cooper) are both healthy and having career years (lol)

2020 in a nutshell

blueblood70

Reaction score
cooper has played 5 years
5097 yards 33td's

Dez 5 years
5424 yards 56 td's

Dez had 3 amazing years, where all those stats come from. His 5 other seasons he had WR 3 and 4 stats. He started slow and struggled, had those 3 years, and then he got paid and busted. You can't take those 3 years away from him, but he was not consistent, and he did not have a good career.

sorry dude was far better then cooper and coop is also not consistent, what happened in 2019 road games? games where he jogged also dude to injury..to say he might have career year at 90+ and 1200 yards Dez is laughing he did it 3 straight years and better called double digit TDS..

they both have been in the league actually playing on the field 7 years that where the stats come from and Dez far and away had the better career regardless of you trying to mock huis 3 years , seriously those 3 years were nealry beter then Coops entire career and having TWICE AS MANY TDS THEN COOP IS THE PNY STAT IO CARE ABOIUT BUT DEZ ALSO BROUGHT THENYARDS AND YPC AS WELL..

FUNNY DEZ LIKE ZEKE GETS SO MUCH HATE AND DISECTION FOR HOMEGROWN STR WHO BLLED OUT attaching yourself to a traded player is insane trying to dismiss dez, funny a guy who fans claims cant run routes had such great career short as it might ave been...so Zeke doesnt have the explosion and speed, no splash plays doesn't make difference ie game changing plays, does coop? i know this Dez did this plus early on in his career he also was a threat on punt returns,

stats are easy to find BTW its called google and both have 7 years of actual seasons played and Dez still is better..

73 TDS in 7 years vs 36 is all that needed in debate but dez also has the yards

Im not knockings coop but this drool is unnecessary of you cant remember and respect dez one of our stars..its like Witten as his career wound down all the hate and comments to one of our best..

Lastly ill take Dez passion which most here call distractions over the apathetic look's Coop has all game and post game ..

for me just in my era of watching the DC

MIrvin #1
TO #2
Dez #3
Coop# 4- the 3 above were actual playmakers big time TDs and splash pays and all had fire and passion

so kudos for Coop having a career year while we are losing.. seriously im happy for him but hes being overrated while dez underrated dont fly with me..

BTW HE CAUGHT IT!!! lol:popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I still find it ironic that during this injury prone season the 2 most injury prone starters (Connor Williams and Amari Cooper) are both healthy and having career years (lol)

2020 in a nutshell
LOL right the opposite game kids play..not funny :)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cooper is a pro bowl caliber receiver. Right now, he's clearly the best on the team.

Ceedee will pass him someday, but not yet.

People whine about garbage yards. I guess when the team is behind 38-6, the offense is supposed to roll over into the fetal position to avoid garbage yards people dislike so much
I am not sure CeeDee will be better then Cooper. He is guarded for the most part by a slot cornerback. I have not seen him catch one 50 yard bomb yet in his career. He also has not had many big yardage games since Dak went out with injury. I blame the quarterbacks but he had some costly drops and on some plays he was covered up pretty good.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
He's not a consistent 100 yard a game guy, so people don't realize how good he is.

I'd like to see how he'd preform in Andy Reid's offense. He'd be lethal.
There is only one receiver that is avg 100 yds per game this season....Davonte Adams, 100.9 ypg. Only 3 avg more than 90 yds per game (DK Metcalf and Tyreke Hill are the other two). Hill was avg just over 80 ypg until his monster game on Sunday. Cooper is 14th in the league at 77.1 ypg. If Dak was still playing, he would be in the top 7. any way, not sure using 100 yd per game is a great way to judge WR's.

BigD_95

Reaction score
More proof that stats mean very little; but I'm happy for him. He needs to catch 29 passes over the last five games to get to 100; so let's see if that happens.

I do not think WR stats prove it means nothing. It proves he is a top WR in the NFL. Has nothing to do with the fact the team is in disarray. I do go along with this statement when it comes to Daks stats because he gets so many garbage time numbers and Cowboys lose the games.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yep on a 3 win team......... who cares? Welcome to AJ Green's career. Great player, no impact.
Would you rather him just go through the motions the rest of the year? Maybe have a mysterious injury to where he can't play. Then we can really sit back and watch the crap fly about how overpaid he is.

Reaction score
I am not sure CeeDee will be better then Cooper. He is guarded for the most part by a slot cornerback. I have not seen him catch one 50 yard bomb yet in his career. He also has not had many big yardage games since Dak went out with injury. I blame the quarterbacks but he had some costly drops and on some plays he was covered up pretty good.
He's a rookie.

Right now, he's inconsistent. Bad QB play doesn't help.

He will get better and hopefully stronger. I'm not worried about him at all

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Cooper is a pro bowl caliber receiver. Right now, he's clearly the best on the team.

Ceedee will pass him someday, but not yet.

People whine about garbage yards. I guess when the team is behind 38-6, the offense is supposed to roll over into the fetal position to avoid garbage yards people dislike so much

Beat me to it! Damn if you do, damn if you don't with some people. He puts up stats "Stats are just garbage time numbers!" He doesn't put up stats "This guy is trash! Can't he play?"

With some people you just can't win.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you rather him just go through the motions the rest of the year? Maybe have a mysterious injury to where he can't play. Then we can really sit back and watch the crap fly about how overpaid he is.

I'd rather we trade him but I doubt there are many teams dumb enough to take on his contract. A bad team like Dallas has more fundamental problems than WR and certainly doesn't need the 3rd highest paid one in the league. I'm not knocking him as a player. Trading for him was a bad move and so was signing him.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
sorry dude was far better then cooper and coop is also not consistent, what happened in 2019 road games? games where he jogged also dude to injury..to say he might have career year at 90+ and 1200 yards Dez is laughing he did it 3 straight years and better called double digit TDS..

they both have been in the league actually playing on the field 7 years that where the stats come from and Dez far and away had the better career regardless of you trying to mock huis 3 years , seriously those 3 years were nealry beter then Coops entire career and having TWICE AS MANY TDS THEN COOP IS THE PNY STAT IO CARE ABOIUT BUT DEZ ALSO BROUGHT THENYARDS AND YPC AS WELL..

FUNNY DEZ LIKE ZEKE GETS SO MUCH HATE AND DISECTION FOR HOMEGROWN STR WHO BLLED OUT attaching yourself to a traded player is insane trying to dismiss dez, funny a guy who fans claims cant run routes had such great career short as it might ave been...so Zeke doesnt have the explosion and speed, no splash plays doesn't make difference ie game changing plays, does coop? i know this Dez did this plus early on in his career he also was a threat on punt returns,

stats are easy to find BTW its called google and both have 7 years of actual seasons played and Dez still is better..

73 TDS in 7 years vs 36 is all that needed in debate but dez also has the yards

Im not knockings coop but this drool is unnecessary of you cant remember and respect dez one of our stars..its like Witten as his career wound down all the hate and comments to one of our best..

Lastly ill take Dez passion which most here call distractions over the apathetic look's Coop has all game and post game ..

for me just in my era of watching the DC

MIrvin #1
TO #2
Dez #3

Coop# 4- the 3 above were actual playmakers big time TDs and splash pays and all had fire and passion

so kudos for Coop having a career year while we are losing.. seriously im happy for him but hes being overrated while dez underrated dont fly with me..

BTW HE CAUGHT IT!!! lol:popcorn:

Cooper was drafted in 2015. 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 is 5 complete years. I compared them to Dez's first 5 years. His next 3 were not any good. I liked dez for those 3 years. He was amazing to watch. But I remember his first 2 years too. You saw what he could be, but he didn't run routes well, I remember being mad at him not running the right route and tony throwing interceptions, and some pick 6's. Then after those 3 years and him getting a big contract, he did not do well.

Dez had 3 amazing years, he did not have a good career.

Amari will have a good career

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
As I'm sure you know, trades are rare in the NFL. But when they happen, you will notice that the teams that trade for the somebody will sign them to a long term contract. That is the only way to make it worth giving up draft picks. Amari is our best WR, one of the best in the game, and got paid. It was a foregone conclusion that after trading for him, he was going to be paid handsomely. Might I suggest watching him and appreciating his skill instead of whining about how much a billionaire paid a millionaire.

Yes, Dallas has plenty of holes in the roster that need filled. Yes, you could spread that $20M around on defense, but are you getting good enough players with that $20M spread among 2-4 players on defense to really make a difference? We tried with McCoy, Poe and HaHa...didn't work out, just like so many other free agent acquisitions across the league. So we made a trade for a top 5-10 WR and locked him up. Did we overpay a bit, sure. But that's typical in the NFL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cooper was drafted in 2015. 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 is 5 complete years. I compared them to Dez's first 5 years. His next 3 were not any good. I liked dez for those 3 years. He was amazing to watch. But I remember his first 2 years too. You saw what he could be, but he didn't run routes well, I remember being mad at him not running the right route and tony throwing interceptions, and some pick 6's. Then after those 3 years and him getting a big contract, he did not do well.

Dez had 3 amazing years, he did not have a good career.

Amari will have a good career
he had great career as short as it might have been others have been in the HOF with 7 year career that was short on stats and numbers..not saying Dez is that but his years count and IMO hes better then amari SO FAR..who cares use 5 years but this is his 6th year my bad saw the years and didnt realize they split AC 2018 year into 2 years when i glanced at it.. either way I'm counted the projection in this thread as his 6th year for comps and still career year not close to dez output over 3 years really..

again last time stats like Yards dont matter when you are not scoring .. 36trds to 73 im taking Dez all day in his prime..He made FAR more splash plays that ended in TDS

ac still has some years left to change my mind but it is my mind get over it..

dsturgeon

Reaction score
he had great career as short as it might have been others have been in the HOF with 7 year career that was short on stats and numbers..not saying Dez is that but his years count and IMO hes better then amari SO FAR..who cares use 5 years but this is his 6th year my bad saw the years and didnt realize they split AC 2018 year into 2 years when i glanced at it.. either way I'm counted the projection in this thread as his 6th year for comps and still career year not close to dez output over 3 years really..

again last time stats like Yards dont matter when you are not scoring .. 36trds to 73 im taking Dez all day in his prime..He made FAR more splash plays that ended in TDS

ac still has some years left to change my mind but it is my mind get over it..

I get it, but Dez's career is really weird to me. Besides those 3 years he was bad. He had WR 3 and 4 stats. He had a slow transition into the nfl, and made a lot of mistakes, and then I guess injuries and physical skill declining after those big years.

You can say stats don't matter, td's matter. But those TD's didnt translate to wins. Dez doesn't have any superbowl wins or a bunch of playoff wins.

Amari being able to consistently beat corners, run a full route tree, and be consistant over his entire career makes him a better WR.

Tony's skill at throwing those TD's and being the best in the league at it, and dez ability to physically dominate at 1v1 in the end zone was fun to watch, and almost unstoppable

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
and before you all jump all over me i dont care how great roiute runner he is and callig dez a one trick pony which was false he sort of became that after his injuries

-

https://ssl.***NOT-ALLOWED***/onebox/media/sports/logos/-zeHm0cuBjZXc2HRxRAI0g_28x21.png
Cowboys

https://ssl.***NOT-ALLOWED***/onebox/media/sports/logos/-zeHm0cuBjZXc2HRxRAI0g_28x21.png
Cowboys

dez had 73 tds in 7 seasons but those 3 season not only was he better especially those 3 years were nearly as good as Coops 7 years.. then cooper in yards YPC but his tds were 12,13, 16

that more then cooper 36 total tds for his career that twice as many over the same period..7years and dez nearly had 2k more yards

its odd fans have to be reminded because they seem to have under appreciated just how good Dez was
Great points and facts @blueblood70 .

I personally like Cooper, but I don't agree with him getting paid $20+ million / season considering Dez was a better stats producing WR for us who never got paid what Cooper has for lesser stats.