News: Cooper and Byron Jones probably gone

Johnny23

Reaction score
There are far more dysfunctional NFL teams than the Cowboys. Just because their W/L record isn't living up to some people's expectations doesn't mean they're dysfunctional.
You know better than this. You've been a fan of this team long enough my guy.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
No way they lose Cooper. Even the Jones’ aren’t dumb enough to do that after giving up a first round pick for him.

Reactions: CWR

rags747

Reaction score
He needs to go to KC where he can make some real $ with a Mahomes throwing to him.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
little confused as to how this makes him ungrateful....Not like he asked to be traded here

ondaedg

Reaction score
Not sure I'd be running to Jerry's office either not knowing who is going to be HC next season.

CWR

Reaction score

lukin2006

Reaction score
Just franchise him. But I’m not worried.

let Byron walk...never plays the ball...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rumors, same as those saying Jerry would let Zeke walk, it's way, WAY too early anyway to speculate. Besides, Cooper has had injury issues both here and with the Raiders, he's hardly problem free, teams will factor that into any offer made to him/his agent, Dallas may not have to match any really high offer....

There are rumors and also a few facts that loom larger as the season goes on. The biggest fact right now is that Amari's agent wouldn't negotiate a contract preseason. It is absolutely in the agents and players best interest to hit the open market. They know Dallas can only tag one player and its looking like Dak is going to be that player. Sure, we might resign him but the player has ALL the leverage at this point and it will be the biggest contract ever given to a WR.

You think Dallas benefitted at all this season from caving into Zeke's absurd contract demand? We have now had a full season with Dak, Elliot, and Amari, and we are 6-6. Why bring them all back at 10x the price tag?

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Can't say I blame them. Leave a dysfunctional organization with a puppet coach and absolutely horrible coordinators and position coaches, and go to a well run team.

Like this but understand most teams are dysfunctional, ours a little more so. Very few teams have more cap space than we do so we have as good an shot as any. Plus he has good chemistry with Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I was just saying, I don't blame them for jumping ship if they think Captain Clapper will be at the helm again.

Misread your question. It is not clear either player has an issue with Garret. It could be the other way around. Maybe neither wants a new coach.