News: Cooper and Byron Jones probably gone

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I do hope they let Dak walk. It's going to be hilarious to go on another QB finding mission like the one Jerry embarked on after Troy hung it up.

lockster

Reaction score
It’s not a surprise in terms of letting the market inflate the available free agent money.

That said, it would be an absolute shame if we don’t resign Cooper. We can recover from Byron walking.
This is what happens making discussions from desperation!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
There are far more dysfunctional NFL teams than the Cowboys. Just because their W/L record isn't living up to some people's expectations doesn't mean they're dysfunctional.

But some of those teams know it. They are doing the best they can do make things right.

The Cowboys are dysfunctional. But they think their not. Which is even worst.

Proof

Reaction score
Outside of Charles Haley, what had any of the players or coaches won in the NFL in 1992? Fact is they lost to the Lions the year before and got knocked out of the play-offs.

What a ridiculous comment.

this place has become unbearable

Proof

Reaction score
Gruden is out there laughing at Dallas. His team is just as good as the Cowboys and he doesn’t have to pay Cooper

Ridiculous. Chucky and the Raiders aren’t laughing at anyone or going anywhere

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we're not interested in super bowl contention, absolutely.

Did you actually state the following....Super Bowl Contention?
Haven't you seen enough of what we're capable of against good teams?
Man get some sleep bedtime.....

P.S. Some of us haven't slept for 24 years.

kskboys

Reaction score
Did you actually state the following....Super Bowl Contention?
Haven't you seen enough of what we're capable of against good teams?
Man get some sleep bedtime.....

P.S. Some of us haven't slept for 24 years.
Can you actually read?!!! Apparently not!!!! This convo wasn't about Dak, so there's no place here for your hysteria!!!

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
1-5, 3-13, 7-9, 11-5...........thats a progression. Garrets has had 10 seasons to get this right. Do you see a progression?

Cooper is an entirely different and unrelated discussion. They should have extended him BEFORE they sent the 1st round pick to Oakland. But we don't have a real GM.

C'mon man, there is no way Oakland allows Dallas to contact and extend him before the trade. During the off season, yes. But not during the regular season. Too easy for Oakland to charge tampering, and I believe the penalty is a 3rd.

Please list other players that negotiated a new contract before a trade in season.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Dak is an idiot if he forces the team to use the franchise tag on him.

kskboys

Reaction score
C'mon man, there is no way Oakland allows Dallas to contact and extend him before the trade. During the off season, yes. But not during the regular season. Too easy for Oakland to charge tampering, and I believe the penalty is a 3rd.

Please list other players that negotiated a new contract before a trade in season.
Roy Williams.

I don't believe it's against the rules to do a sign and trade. What happens is that OAK extends him w/ an agreement in place that the trade will be made.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Unless he thinks he'll be better off elsewhere.

I don’t believe that for a minute. Even with all its warts the position he’s in is golden. I honestly believe the tag will be used on 19 and that might get ugly.

coult44

Reaction score
If we're not interested in super bowl contention, absolutely.

This team hasn’t been a Super Bowl contender in 25 years. Do you honestly think signing or not signing Amari Cooper is the thing that makes the difference?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
There is arguably 1 team that's run correctly. Everyone else is in the same exact boat. You won't like to hear that but it's true.
a
There are many teams that aren't perfect. But they are running the way they want it to be and are in a much better position than this organization will ever be. To be frank, they are not in the same boat as the Cowboys. The Cowboys having been sinking for the last 10 years under this coach and I can't think of any team in the same position as us.