Twitter: Cooper, Lawrence, Hill on PUP to start camp

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Isn't there always something w DLaw? He's had slow starts to at least the last couple seasons, right? Spends the first month of the season getting where he should be during camp. That's my image of him anyway.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not surprised about Hill going on it. Nor Cooper. I predicted that a month ago.

MM also said he does not see any of them as being long term.
DLaw, he said it was more them the team doing it as a precaution, for for them as opposed for DLaw.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So you do not think reps and conditioning help to further develop a repoir with the QB who Cooper hasn't seen since Week 5 of 2020 while also avoiding injury?

Coop is an exception to the rule IMO. Very little time is needed for him to get up to speed IF he's healthy. I would rather he be healthy when he hits the field than practice thru something. Besides, we have a boatload of WR's that need the reps. Hopefully, there is going to be a real battle after the 3 locks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nah, just one step closer to IR designation. they can stash him & hope he recovers & can produce.

giphy.gif

John813

Reaction score
Yea, not worried about Cooper. Dak and Cooper have has instant chemistry from day 1, even with very little practice time from his mid season trade.

Rather more reps go towards building the Dak-CDL connection up anyways.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
nah, just one step closer to IR designation. they can stash him & hope he recovers & can produce.

I thought the same thing about a week ago, They might have short term IR available too. Don’t know if the league kept that rule for this year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hill on PUP is not surprising at all.
Golston on PUP is surprising but only a hamstring do not concerning so far.
Cooper had surgery so no surprise.

Lawrence on PUP for back is both surprising and a little alarming. Never like to hear ‘back’ especially after 5 months of not playing a game.

Hamstrings are very concerning. You pull it. You pull it again. Then you tear it if you're not careful.