Cooper or Gallup

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper and it’s not close. Gallup is much less of a player and coming off a ACL tear. I’m not sure how this is even debatable unless we bring the $$$ into the discussion.

:hammer:

Which player did we go 7-1 without?

Which player did we not win without?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My point about Coop is this: We know what he gives us. He’s a very good receiver. But what we need are players that collectively can make us BETTER. Being the NFC East “champ” is the best we can do?

How many games did the team win with Gallup out of the lineup?

How many games did the team win with Cooper out of the lineup?

The answer becomes very easy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
In my mind, there’s only ONE player on this roster that is untouchable: MICAH PARSONS. Everyone else- even Zack Martin is not untouchable.
This x1000

Parsons is the only player currently on this team that should still have a place on this team when Dak is gone in 3 years unless he completely regresses in the coming years that is.

Everyone else that is young Ceedee, Gallup, Diggs, Pollard, and others like them still need to earn that guaranteed spot.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but there are plenty of receivers out there that can give us what Coop has for a lot less money.[/QUOTE

If the QB plays well, then yes, you can put a lot of receiving groups out there & win this division.

However, this QB has shown he isn't that guy. Coop knows he is wasting his efforts on this team. That is why he is at odds with management and on the way out.

So ultimately, we'll get to see just how well another receiver does in his place.

PS - If Gallup is smart, he will also leave.

visionary

Reaction score
Trade Cooper for a rd 2 pick

Sign Gallup to a prove it 1 year deal or he walks

Sign Wilson

Schulz walks

Draft or sign a good TE who can block

Run the darned ball!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Time for you to make the toughest decision of your life, who do we keep Cooper or Gallup?? We can't keep both..... Give me your thoughts
Oh, but we can keep both, and that's what I choose, both.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Time for you to make the toughest decision of your life, who do we keep Cooper or Gallup?? We can't keep both..... Give me your thoughts
no kits not we aren't making any decisions. Take the VR goggles off and wake up we will watch whoever suits up and palys next year. yes even if this place shut down like the actual DC site from the actual DC team site did and yet nothings changed..odd huh no mater what's said here nothing changes LOL

Aven8

Reaction score
This shouldn’t even be a debate for anyone that knows football.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This shouldn’t even be a debate for anyone that knows football.

If it was just football your right. Cooper is the more talented player. However it is also about cap and given where the Cowboys are I would just as soon resign Gallup and Wilson that save on the Cooper deal. Now if Dallas brings back Cooper, I'm good with it. I know they have to make a decision pretty quick considering if Cooper is still on the team once FA begins his contract is guaranteed for the season

Aven8

Reaction score
If it was just football your right. Cooper is the more talented player. However it is also about cap and given where the Cowboys are I would just as soon resign Gallup and Wilson that save on the Cooper deal. Now if Dallas brings back Cooper, I'm good with it. I know they have to make a decision pretty quick considering if Cooper is still on the team once FA begins his contract is guaranteed for the season

It was just about football. I would rather let Coop go as it’s the easiest contract to get out of and sign Ced myself

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, but would hate to lose the future hall of fame who’s still effective.
Would we be willing to lose Coop if it made us better having more cap space to acquire more overall talent? That’s the issue. Coop is a very good receiver. But having him is not making enough of a difference- especially at $20 million a year. We MUST stop doing the same things and expecting better results.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It was just about football. I would rather let Coop go as it’s the easiest contract to get out of and sign Ced myself

I think Dallas would be able to get Wilson signed and Gallup signed and still be under the 22 mill cap space that Cooper will get.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think Dallas would be able to get Wilson signed and Gallup signed and still be under the 22 mill cap space that Cooper will get.

Only problem I have with Gallup is the ACL. He won’t be ready at the start of the season no matter what anyone is saying out there

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easy...COOP!

Every single time the Offense was lagging and a spark happened...it was Coop.

I'm not sure we have the ability to fully take advantage of Gallup's sideline/downfield talent.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Cooper all day. He is one of the best WR's in the league. Gallup, coming off a late season ACL, won't be the same early in the season. Teams do not fear Gallup. His production is a by-product of Cooper.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cooper has the best contract on the roster for cutting....cap-wise.

So whether we want him or not...I think he is gone

DFWJC

Reaction score
There is no position in the draft that is deeper than WR, seemingly every year.
Colleges are just pumping out NFL-ready WRs.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If you’re going to be a competitor in the playoffs, you can’t keep guys just because they were good last year…or the last 3. Good scouting and personnel decisions involve moving veterans BEFORE they are “done”.

Coop is a great receiver but having him has translated into what exactly? One playoff win. Made the playoffs twice. Hate to say it, but there are plenty of receivers out there that can give us what Coop has for a lot less money.

One of the biggest problems with this franchise- falling in love with players and losing perspective. And I’m just talking about the front office, not fans, lol.
I think Cooper is a super bowl caliber number 1

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
If keeping Gallup and getting rid of Cooper gets us Von Miller - anyone who knows football knows the right answer.