Cooper or Gallup

RoboQB

Reaction score
You'd think your $40 million QB would target your $22 million WR
more often.

Next season, while Cooper is somewhere else on his way to 80-90
catches, we will be discussing how Lamb can't handle double coverage,
Wilson was better as a backup and Gallup isn't fully recovered.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Seems like it’s more Cooper or Schultz. I know Dan can be a clown but the QBR stat was interesting

stiletto

Reaction score
I remember what it looked like before Amari and while Amari was out in this offense. Hope they have a plan!

SackMaster

Reaction score
Well ... it depends.

If you are paying them the same, then you go with Cooper.

But if you are talking about paying them their market value, I think Gallup would be the much better value, even with the injury.

Sure, Coop is the only "proven #1 WR" on the team, but I would argue that he is not making a huge impact in the passing game (just 4 games over 70+ yards and just 1 multi TD game), especially for what he is getting paid.

But I don't cut or trade Coop until I know I have Gallup ready to sign. We cannot go into the draft with just CeeDee as our only starting quality WR.

JMHO

stiletto

Reaction score
Well ... it depends.

If you are paying them the same, then you go with Cooper.

But if you are talking about paying them their market value, I think Gallup would be the much better value, even with the injury.

Sure, Coop is the only "proven #1 WR" on the team, but I would argue that he is not making a huge impact in the passing game (just 4 games over 70+ yards and just 1 multi TD game), especially for what he is getting paid.

But I don't cut or trade Coop until I know I have Gallup ready to sign. We cannot go into the draft with just CeeDee as our only starting quality WR.

JMHO

I admit Cooper was the most expensive decoy ever... he opened up a lot of things for the other guys. That's going to be gone and guys are going to have to really step up, not drop balls and be better players all around. I doubt very seriously they'll get someone in the later rounds that will do what Cooper could do for the offense including but not limited to "making plays".

Flamma

Reaction score
Time for you to make the toughest decision of your life, who do we keep Cooper or Gallup?? We can't keep both..... Give me your thoughts

We're not keeping either. IMO, best case scenario, we're keeping Gallup. I'm not saying that's the best course of action, just that's the best we can expect.