Cooper or Warmack

phildadon86

Reaction score
Im not very astute on grading OL. So if someone could tell me who they think is a better fit right away for the cowboys, as in strengths weaknesses in the passing/running game it would be highly appreciated.

visionary

Reaction score
phildadon86;5032316 said:
Im not very astute on grading OL. So if someone could tell me who they think is a better fit right away for the cowboys, as in strengths weaknesses in the passing/running game it would be highly appreciated.

i love questions that havent been discussed before

garyv

Reaction score
Warmack delivers Power Punch to Running game. Cooper delivers quickness for blocking in Passing Game.
Either would be huge upgrade. Just hoping one of them is there at #18.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both would work in Dallas.

Cooper would be the better fit in the zone blocking scheme and has the added benefit or desire for some teams due to the belief that he can slide over to OC as well if needed. Most say he is the better athletic interior linemen between the two where Warmack is seen as the stronger mauler of the two.

Either would be welcomed by most fans.

phildadon86

Reaction score
visionary;5032318 said:
i love questions that havent been discussed before

Sorry didnt look to see if it had been discussed before. My apologies

Reaction score
If I'm Garrett and Dallas drafts either one, I would highly consider giving them snaps at C in Training Camp. Worst case: They struggle, and you keep them at G. Best case: There's little/no drop off and you have a dominating C and leader for years to come. Doesn't hurt to experiment in July.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Warmack is the kind of guy that will rip your head off and spit down the empty neck. A mauler and a guy that loves to bury his opponent.

Cooper is more mobile and for those that think that is more important then being able to blast anyone off the line

Eskimo

Reaction score
I'll take Cooper's agility and versatility over Warmack's power right now. I also think Cooper will get bigger and stronger but Warmack is never going to become more athletic than he is right now. Warmack doesn't possess average agility/speed or below average agility/speed but pretty markedly below average agility/speed for an OG. This concerns me when the game is changing to attacking people more in space which means having OL that can move in space.

I also think Cooper is more tested because he played from a pro offense that is balanced versus Warmack came from a run-predominant offense. Warmack also benefitted by being flanked by NFL quality OL whereas Cooper did not to the same degree.

For this team I much prefer Cooper. I also don't think there is anyway he falls to us in this draft which is very weak at the premium positions (QB, WR, CB, pass rushers, LTs). Someone will take the future Pro Bowler at the non-premium position before he slides to us. I also think there is a good chance Warmack goes before us for the same reason. I think if those two are gone we are better off trying to find an OL in the 2nd or 3rd round. If those two and Richardson are both gone we are probably best off in a trade down scenario as the BPA is probably Tavon Austin who is a luxury we can't afford with our weak OL and aged DL. If we trade down a bit we should get good value for a DT in the late first or early second round.

RS12

Reaction score
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 3m
Jon Cooper/G/North Carolina drawing heavy interest from Tennessee Titans & Dallas Cowboys..
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

jblaze2004

Reaction score
here is hoping a DT the titans like fall to them and they let cooper slide to us.:cool:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Eskimo;5032501 said:
I'll take Cooper's agility and versatility over Warmack's power right now. I also think Cooper will get bigger and stronger but Warmack is never going to become more athletic than he is right now. Warmack doesn't possess average agility/speed or below average agility/speed but pretty markedly below average agility/speed for an OG. This concerns me when the game is changing to attacking people more in space which means having OL that can move in space.

I also think Cooper is more tested because he played from a pro offense that is balanced versus Warmack came from a run-predominant offense. Warmack also benefitted by being flanked by NFL quality OL whereas Cooper did not to the same degree.

For this team I much prefer Cooper. I also don't think there is anyway he falls to us in this draft which is very weak at the premium positions (QB, WR, CB, pass rushers, LTs). Someone will take the future Pro Bowler at the non-premium position before he slides to us. I also think there is a good chance Warmack goes before us for the same reason. I think if those two are gone we are better off trying to find an OL in the 2nd or 3rd round. If those two and Richardson are both gone we are probably best off in a trade down scenario as the BPA is probably Tavon Austin who is a luxury we can't afford with our weak OL and aged DL. If we trade down a bit we should get good value for a DT in the late first or early second round.

so the vast majority of experts are wrong and you are right. OK.

honyock

Reaction score

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I'd be happy with the draft if cooper were taken in the first.