CFZ Cooper Rush is one of those odd "gamer" guys

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, we have a body of work consisting of 2 NFL starts. I liked what he did last week but I'm not ready to crown him a gamer yet.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So you want him to manage the game and avoid negative plays.

That is exactly what I want but there is no way around it there are times QB must step up and make the plays and in his 2 starts Rush has done that.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Rush. He has generally looked good in practices I have seen. Preseason games with a zillion moving parts? Not much of a measuring stick for QB play.

It's clear the rest of the team has some confidence in him. That tells me a lot.

tromofan

Reaction score
He played like he knew what he was doing. Crisp passes, quick release, and good command of quick plays, such as quick pitches to RBs. I was bothered by the second half passes that could have been interceptions, but I am not sure if that was due to him or the receivers or both.
The thing I find most odd about Cooper was his poise and effectiveness in the clutch(like the last drive), as opposed to simple underneath throws where he seems to have lapses in concentration on balls that should've been picks.

kskboys

Reaction score
He played like he knew what he was doing. Crisp passes, quick release, and good command of quick plays, such as quick pitches to RBs. I was bothered by the second half passes that could have been interceptions, but I am not sure if that was due to him or the receivers or both.
Crisp Rush is not!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agree w/ everything else.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he makes watching the game more enjoyable. I've liked him since the Vikings game.

My comment during the preseason, " why can't Grier beat him out? can't he read the playbook" lol

The preseason games should have shown you guys who were considered better. Who started the games? It wasn't Grier, should have given you a clue.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Backup quarterbacks usually look good for a game or two, before DCs have enough film to exploit their tendencies.