Cooper Rush not willing to give up QB2 spot without a fight

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Trey Lance will get his chances to supplant Cooper Rush in TC. To do that, Lance will be required to make surprising improvement upon what he currently has shown to be his chances of doing so. I'm sure we'll all be intrigued to see how that situation develops. I'm inclined to think he'll fall somewhat short of displaying the skills to accomplish that immediately, without further development. We'll see about that.

Will he be awarded the time to do that? That, in itself, make one wonder if this FO might be patient enough to allow that. Such a soap opera promises to keep us waiting patiently for a considerably long time. I'm not so sure this membership is capable of that high a level of tolerance. Perhaps we'll see and maybe not. Anything can happen. Better put on your patient cap! ;)

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They know what they have in Cooper. I can't see them releasing Cooper or Lance but the locker knows who's the better QB. My guess is Trey wins the job by default after Cooper is traded.
In other words, Cooper's training camp and preseason games are for 31 teams.

Motorola

Reaction score
They know what they have in Cooper. I can't see them releasing Cooper or Lance but the locker knows who's the better QB. My guess is Trey wins the job by default after Cooper is traded.
In other words, Cooper's training camp and preseason games are for 31 teams.
Doubt Rush gets traded. All the other teams have at least two guys on their rosters vying for the backup role.
Besides that...Rush $2.5 mil salary from the Cowboys this season is not guaranteed....so anyone interested would wait for Rush to be cut if he were to be beaten out by Lance for QB2.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Doubt Rush gets traded. All the other teams have at least two guys on their rosters vying for the backup role.
Besides that...Rush $2.5 mil salary from the Cowboys this season is not guaranteed....so anyone interested would wait for Rush to be cut if he were to be beaten out by Lance for QB2.
Doubt he gets traded either when nobody even bothered to sign him last year without giving up a pick/player. Shocking that a guy that went 4-1 on a team like this couldn't get signed.

Flamma

Reaction score
Doubt he gets traded either when nobody even bothered to sign him last year without giving up a pick/player. Shocking that a guy that went 4-1 on a team like this couldn't get signed.
What would be the point of cutting him? This year he's being paid 1M over vet minimum.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because everyone who saw us go 4-1 knew it wasn’t because of him. That record is just what some of y’all cling to. Cowboys won in spite of him not because of him.

Motorola

Reaction score
What would be the point of cutting him? This year he's being paid 1M over vet minimum.
If he's on the roster, his 2024 salary will be $2.25 million -- 2nd year of the $5 million 2-year deal signed in 2023.
So- if Lance's $5.3 million salary is guaranteed, that would mean the Cowboys will shell out $7.5 mil or so for the backup QBs.
Jones would probably do it; Rush has been with Dallas all of his NFL career (except for 6 months with the Giants..May - October 2020).

fivetwos

Reaction score
Could very well end up where Rush is QB2 on game day, but if Dak goes down for any length of time Lance gets his shot at QB1.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

shabazz

Reaction score
Every Cowboys fan should WANT Lance to unseat Rush.

We gave a draft pick up to at least be a #2

Qcard

Reaction score
It's been 7 off-season.....Does Cooper Rush even bother about lifting weights...How do you have Dadbody in the NFL making $2.5M?

Ever wonder why Cooper Rush arm whithers away after 6 games.. Weak Legs and Core :lmao2:

Rush is lucky Trey has the same problem

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's been 7 off-season.....Does Cooper Rush even bother about lifting weights...How do you have Dadbody in the NFL making $2.5M?

Ever wonder why Cooper Rush arm whithers away after 6 games.. Weak Legs and Core :lmao2:

Rush is lucky Trey has the same problem
Some guys can't help it....Romo had one his whole career.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Every Cowboys fan should WANT Lance to unseat Rush.

We gave a draft pick up to at least be a #2
Man i'd sure as hell hope he can at least do that.

I didn't understand why he wasn't the backup last year. I would've made him backup last year so he could get some reps in games.

shabazz

Reaction score
Man i'd sure as hell hope he can at least do that.

I didn't understand why he wasn't the backup last year. I would've made him backup last year so he could get some reps in games.
It must have been that the coaching staff needed to work with him more.

Now after a full offseason of learning it's now or never for Lance.

Cant wait to see him in the preseason.