Signed by Cowboys Cooper Rush signs his tender

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Have a weird feeling he will have to play this year. Even the most durable QBs eventually nick their thumb on a helmet or fall wrong. Feels like we're overdue for the need to have a backup fill in for a game or so. Hopefully Rush is up for it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
FrenchWeeGerbil-max-1mb.gif
:lmao: Maui wowi

ProArmchairQB

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy has praised Cooper Rush and MM is the one that signed off on the tender. Tl;dr: MM likes Cooper Rush, but I'm sure a bunch of bandwagon fans (who underappreciate Rush) know a lot more about him than MM. SMH.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Have a weird feeling he will have to play this year. Even the most durable QBs eventually nick their thumb on a helmet or fall wrong. Feels like we're overdue for the need to have a backup fill in for a game or so. Hopefully Rush is up for it.
If MM was the coach last year we may have seen Coop have his first start last year against the eagles. It was obvious Dak was too injured to play that last game but ginger still let Dak start.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy has praised Cooper Rush and MM is the one that signed off on the tender. Tl;dr: MM likes Cooper Rush, but I'm sure a bunch of bandwagon fans (who underappreciate Rush) know a lot more about him than MM. SMH.

Welp, I think we’ve just identified our first McCarthy apologist.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I honestly don’t get the angst with Rush. I think he’s played pretty well in his preseason snaps while here.

He’s a backup, knows the offense (or at least has continuity with the OC), and is cheap.

I personally was hoping we’d make a run at Marcus Mariota to serve as Dak’s backup but we obviously didn’t.

Our fans seem to think we’re supposed to have a Joe Montana waiting in the wings behind our starter.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

MM isn't a QB coach. Rodgers hated him and they rarely spoke.

CashMan

Reaction score
I honestly don’t get the angst with Rush. I think he’s played pretty well in his preseason snaps while here.

He’s a backup, knows the offense (or at least has continuity with the OC), and is cheap.

I personally was hoping we’d make a run at Marcus Mariota to serve as Dak’s backup but we obviously didn’t.

Our fans seem to think we’re supposed to have a Joe Montana waiting in the wings behind our starter.
$2M isn't cheap.

John813

Reaction score
$2M isn't cheap.

For a backup it is. Also, it's non guaranteed right now. They cut him in August and they don't have any dead cap.

He counts 1.1% towards their cap space.
They'll probably draft or sign an UDFA QB to compete with him. However, he provides familiarity with Moore and if the rookie fails to impress well he's the de-facto backup.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
MM isn't a QB coach. Rodgers hated him and they rarely spoke.
Yeah, Rodgers is just a big jerk though. Apparently everyone hated him when he was drafted. He just has the personality to make you want to punch him in the face.

I like what I've seen from Rush in the pre-season. I still think Dak will never let anyone else play because then they may see a backup play better than he does. You're surrounded by all this talent, you should play well.