Cooper vs DLaw-if you can keep 1?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Honestly both have been good players but neither is worth their salary, not to say they aren't good players but value isn't there.

I'd be fine trading either honestly, this team needs to shake stuff up

Trade them for what? You just said they aren't worth their contracts, so are other teams supposed to be too dumb to notice?

raven55

Reaction score
need to get rid of the dead weight, cooper is good but not elite and d-law for what your paying him he only shows up when he decides to show up and is it my understanding watching him is that most of the good right tackles stone him and also at the first of the season the so called rookies were pressuring just as if he was there so find some one else in the draft or free agency were not gonna even smell a playoff game unless we back in to the wild card game even if we win the division we will still be one and done. see everybody at the drafts to come

ICP

Reaction score
I flip a coin because in the long run I don't think it really matters. But I never did like Coop so if I don't have a coin it would be Coop

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I was listening to a podcast yesterday, Broaddus was discussing all cap scenarios, management might have to decide to keep either Cooper or DLaw to be able to retain the in-house free agents:

Cooper saves 16 million, 20 million as a post june 1st release. However, they can create 12.5 million if they restructure his deal.

DLaw saves 8 million, 19 as a post june 1st release. They can also restructure his deal again, sign him to extension or even ask him to take a pay cut. He is on the books as a 27 million cap charge this yr and 29 million the following.

It's also very possible that they find a way to keep both.

If you had to make the decision, who would you rather keep?
Neither is worth their salary, I cut both of them and try to clear the books for 2023.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I would keep Lawrence instead of Cooper but wouldn’t restructure his contract. If he is injured again next year cut him.