Twitter: Cooper waiting for his opportunities

khiladi

Reaction score
That is an answer that makes no logical sense. No matter what you think of Dak, everyone knows that Dak and Cooper have been a successful and great combo since the first season Cooper showed up when we had garbage receivers playing with him. That’s undeniable.

I’ll go with my suggestion to feature Cooper instead of Lamb. Every play has a progression, and the receivers know when they are the first, second, or third read.

it comes down to Moore calling plays that are about X’s and O’s Against the defense he thinks he will see, or in key situations, calling plays that feature your stud regardless of the defense and let your star receiver go to work.

Not true…

Dak to Amari in MAN COVERAGE has been a great combo. Dak to Amari in zone has been mediocre. Dak to Amari only took off in the Eagles games when Schwartz didn’t even have safety help on the side of Cooper. Cooper had to yell at Dak to throw him the ball.

Then the Cowboys played the Colts, who played heavy cover 2 and the Cowboys were shut out. If you look at the trend of the numbers for Cooper in 2018, he ‘disappeared’ to end the season. Even the Tampa game shows it and we only won because of the TOs created by the defense in scoring territory. Dak was still awful that game. In reality, it’s because teams played more zone.

Amari doesn’t really disappear, it’s the QB that does.

But any Qb can beat man coverage with a top flight WR and enough time blocking up front. Cooper Rush hit him the ball 8 times for 120 yards and the game winning TD, with his first start in 4 years and his second best game of the season, next to the TG game this year. And guess what happened in that game? TB was playing pretty much exclusively man on AC and didn’t shift a safety to help, as even CC pointed out. They basically were allowing Dak to just play pitch and toss to him on the outside.

The reality is, with a top flight RG and OL, you can run against cover 2 to move the ball. But then the red zone happens and you need to either be able to pass or continue to run. Outside, it’s the ‘big play’ ability of an offense that allows you to avoid the problem. That is what Dak has been getting away with all these years with that single safety high and these WRs that can win their man matchups.

Amari basically stated what’s happening in the interview that was posted here close to the end.

Now that teams don’t need to bring extra men in the box regularly for the run game, they can sit back in zone more regularly and Dak is being exposed for what he is, a system QB. He’s never been a progression Qb, who can throw to WRs sitting in zones regularly.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Also, Amari was traded, just like Khalil Mack, a top flight DPOY. Saying he was not a worthy WR is a complete joke. His first two seasons, he was over 1000 yards in that cluster FX

Gruden was looking for a compete overhaul of his roster, to bring in draft picks. There were more than 1 team interested and the Raiders wanted at a minimum a 1st round draft pick, which the Cowboys offered.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Also, Amari was traded, just like Khalil Mack, a top flight DPOY. Saying he was not a worthy WR is a complete joke. His first two seasons, he was over 1000 yards in that cluster FX

Gruden was looking for a compete overhaul of his roster, to bring in draft picks. There were more than 1 team interested and the Raiders wanted at a minimum a 1st round draft pick, which the Cowboys offered.
Very true khiladi, and Coop was well worth the pick.

GINeric

Reaction score
I'll let the KING of coaches tell you what stats are about.....

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. Send the King of coaches that true statement!!

Oh yeah... send me the video of the King of coaches explaining why Dak is one of 5 quarterbacks in NFL HISTORY to put up those numbers that thousands of other quarterbacks who've played in the NFL weren't able to accomplish.

I'll wait...

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
LOL that “numbers don’t lie”

numbers are the biggest liars

Well if thats the case, there have been thousands of quarterbacks who have played in the NFL.... only Dak and 4 or 5 others have put those numbers up in their first 5 years in the history of the league.....

Why haven't more than 5 out of THOUSANDS been able to do this in their first 5 years then????

I'll wait.....

Praxit

Reaction score
...Coop needs to keep these details in house. Dont spew the juice for media to hold.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
uhh the argument is that he clears out the underneath and lamb typically lines up in the vastly more attractive slot. are you capable of just being a fan of multiple players on our team or must everyone be pitted against each other?

There has been many arguments. The cooper apologists have basically said that Lamb is good because Cooper gets double teamed and takes away the best corner AND the double team and leaves him one on one.

That argument is over. Game, Set, Match!!! Gotta love it when the player himself ends the argument.

I love Cooper as well, but the fact is that Lamb is the #1 on Dallas.