Twitter: Cooper was effectively benched

Zman5

Reaction score
The Eagles were doubling him through out the game . They would have doubled him in that situation. Even if he was not playing well, he would have been more effective as a decoy than Austin and Bryant in that situation. This is another dumb mistake my JG and the coaching staff.

links18

Reaction score
Not going to lie, he played like crap. Cobb should have been on the field though.

Yeah, don't buy it. You don't have your #1 receiver on the bench with the game on the line regardless of how poor he is playing. Someone is getting thrown under the bus again to protect coaches. What is the explanation for no Cobb? It was a function of some twerp calling the wrong personnel package for that situation. Witten was in the game and he wasn't exactly lighting it up.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Wow. He sucked that bad that he was benched in favor of Austin and Bryant. And you guys want to keep him? Garrett’s way of doing things is very stupid, but Amari is obviously not living up to standards. Him or Dak will walk at the end of the season. Hopefully both.

erod

Reaction score
Yeah, don't buy it. You don't have your #1 receiver on the bench with the game on the line regardless of how poor he is playing. Someone is getting thrown under the bus again to protect coaches. What is the explanation for no Cobb? It was a function of some twerp calling the wrong personnel package for that situation. Witten was in the game and he wasn't exactly lighting it up.
Look at Cooper's last eight games.

This is why Oakland gave up on him.

cern

Reaction score
Bad coaching decision.
Bad that cooper didn't refuse to leave the field.
Cowboys tried to dictate defensive coverage instead of putting the ball in the hands of a playmaker.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Not buying it, a poor playing Amari is 100X better than Austin and whoever else was in there. I'm betting Witten was in there even though he played like crap.

I'll be waiting for the excuse for why Cobb wasn't in there either.....

erod

Reaction score
Not buying it, a poor playing Amari is 100X better than Austin and whoever else was in there. I'm betting Witten was in there even though he played like crap.

I'll be waiting for the excuse for why Cobb wasn't in there either.....
Really? Look at Cooper's last eight games. Then look at ALL of his road games as a Cowboy.

links18

Reaction score
His body language was horrible.

Just like it was against Chicago, Buffalo, half the season.

Then he isn't worth being here if they won't even play him with the season on the line. Another #1 pick down the drain.

John813

Reaction score
Hes a hot and cold receiver when it comes to drops.

I remember last year with the raiders X. Howard got in his head and shut him out

erod

Reaction score
Just like last year, he complained about running that stupid curl pattern play after play...… Seems like every year there's a WR to scapegoat or throw under the bus, to make that idiot Garrett look good.
Garrett has zero to do with the offense.